Trojan Reunion in NY? Leianrt AND White could be Jets!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

Gotta give the #4, and the sun,moon, stars for that #2 pick. Anything, but Abraham. Gotta trade Abe for a mid-late 1st rounder and steal Lendale.
    Matt Leinart and Lendale White, two birds with one stone(the draft) who you can build ANY franchise around. Imagine the FA frothing next season? Obviously, Matt will be learning from Chad and Brooksy which only ensures a high pick again next year. THEN, we build their protection via draft and FA.
    IMO, White's the best runner in the draft. NFL-size and a hunger to prove something to the world.
    Lendale>Bush. Leinart>Young, Cutler, Brees, Ramsey, Kitna, and quite possibly, Brady Quinn. Leinart as a Jets would be the best thing to happen to us in the draft since...Trojan Meshawn Johnson.

To top this all off, go and grab Mike Williams from Detroit. Make it Triple Trojans!! Or sign Meshawn for peanuts. At this point in his career, humbled...he'd come back for a bargain.
    Fight on Trojans. And may ye do it in the Big Apple.

2. Double Zero

Double Zero Member

I'll agree that Leinart is possibly the best QB out of the bunch, but your obsession with USC is DEFINITELY clouding your judgement. Bush is a hell of a lot better than Lendale. Hands down. I understand and acknowledge that they're different types of backs, but there's an obvious reason why Reggie is the #1 pick...and White isn't.

As for the QB, I wouldn't be sad if we jumped ahead of the Titans and snagged Leinart. I think he could be a good QB for a long time. Our QB situtation is awful at best, and I've come to the sad conclusion that the Jets need to take the best possible QB in the draft and build a franchise around him.

PS: Lay off the USC man-love, it's creepy.

#2 Double Zero, Mar 14, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  3. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I don't want any part of LenDale White. At this point in my mind, I'd prefer Maroney, and Addai is honestly not that far behind White.

4. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

gimme addai over white any day

5. Electric Cedric 34

Electric Cedric 34 New Member

White is overweight and immature.

6. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

I have no love for USC at all. (Go 'Noles!)
    Yet, USC has been an undeniable POWERHOUSE of talent since...oh right! Since around the same time Sweet Pete Carroll took over. Carroll might have taken his loser NFL teams bowling, but he has created some extraordinary players in college and taken them to plateaus that Jets players SHOULD be bred from.
    As for White vs. Bush. In the open field, I'll give ya your Bush. Going through the holes, if the Jets can even call their oline gaps, "holes"? Lendale MiniBus White. A big boy who's legs don't...ever...stop.

When USC was putting it all on the line, where was Bush? And where was White? (Answer, only one was on the field).

It's Flash vs. substance, really. The same people who think the better college player will be the better nfl player are the same types of morons who let Blair Thomas put on a green jersey instead of emmit. The same guys who let cokey marino slip through their fingers for kenny o!

7. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

I wont get upset if leinart is the draft target, but again another QB who lacks a strong arm.

But it kind of makes sense, because if your starter has a weak arm and your backup has a strong arm, there will be timing issues.

8. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Texas completely and 100% geared their defense to stopping Reggie Bush. They knew that Leinart and White would have big days, but they felt that if they could devote everything they did to stopping the Heisman winner, they could outscore the Trojans. And guess what, it worked. "Minibus" couldn't get a yard when his team needed it. He's a big back with great feet, but not a power back by any stretch. As far sas who they looked to when USC was putting it on the line, you should go back and look at all the close games the Trojans have had, and see how many times Reggie made the plays that won the game.

9. Pride

Pride New Member

Lendale is a power back no doubt about it. I still remember him stiff arming michael huff to the ground as if he was child. I will grant you he has weight issues but texas couldnt stop him because they couldnt tackle him

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Willie McGinest, too?

11. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

Scoreboard

[​IMG]

HOOK'EM

12. Pride

Pride New Member

One game doesnt define a college career

13. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

this is what i been saying. Maroney is a stud full package imo he is a better rb than white

14. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

You are right. 30-2 does. 20-0 in his last 20 starts does.

Who had the better pass efficiency rating last year, Young or Leinart?

Who had more total offense last year, Young or Leinart?

Who led the highest scoring offense in the country, Young or Leinart?

Who was the AP All-American first team QB last year, Young or Leinart?

Who finished higher in the Heisman voting, Young or Leinart?

Who won the Davey O'Brien award as the best QB, Young or Leinart?

Had VY stayed for his senior year he would have gone above 40 wins for his career. The only argument for Leinart is he fits the "type" for NFL QB. But I make the argument again, who would be better at neutralizing the pass rush - Young or Leinart? Young, no matter what people say about his mechanics, is a moreeffective passer because of his athleticism, strength, and ability to avoid the sack.

#14 borna'horn, Mar 15, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  15. Pride

Pride New Member

I have one question

Who is the first QB off the board at the draft? Thank You

16. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

Fine, check back in ten years and tell me who has won more Super Bowls. I guarantee you it will be Young.

You can have Sam Bowie. I'll take Michael Jordan. :up:

17. Pride

Pride New Member

Young is a typical college QB. He can outrun everyone and he runs a basic college offense. Give me the guy who plays in an Nfl style offense. If u would take Michael jordan why would u take Vince Young, he wouldnt know what a heisman looked like being that he doesnt have one.

18. Pride

Pride New Member

O yea and the two national championships

19. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

Scoreboard.

20. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

And everyone knows who really deserved the Heisman this year.