Trip to Buffalo for the last game? Good idea?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjet0912, Apr 18, 2012.

1. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

I go to college at Univ of SC so im only home in december...looks like theres no home games while im home so a friend of mine and i thinking ill try and head up ralph wilson. we survived lincoln financial so it couldnt be worse could it?

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

3. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

i have a lot of warm jets gear. gloves, scarfs, hats, sweatshirts etc

4. mferg333

mferg333 New Member

No way its worse than the Linc. I live in Canada about an hour from Orchard park and Ive been to most of the Jets-Bills games for the past 6 or 7 years and its not bad. Unless you get mouthy (cus were usually destroying them) the bills fans wont be rough.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I've been in Rochester in December. I think I'd skip Buffalo unless it's a warm winter and if it's warm they are going to get record amounts of snow from the lake effect.

6. Tarzanboy

Tarzanboy Member

I'm from south of Buffalo and if the Bills play like last year the Stadium will have more Jets fans. I wore my Sanchez jersey last year and except for some good natured ball busting fans were great

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

7. Freeman_McNeil#24

The advice I was given by friends from Buffalo was to just stay out of the endzones for seats. Been to about three Bills/Jets games....most annoying thing was the drunk 20 year old girl screaming in my ear while i was on line for the port-a-john in the parking lot. Everyone else was cool!

Plus, colder weather seems to have a calming effect on the idiots...

8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I went last year for a Jets game wearing Jets colours and I got a bit of booing and taunting. There was one nutjob who was throwing stuff at a few other Jets fans but he got booted pretty quick. There was the usual few scuffles but overall I felt pretty safe the whole time. I thought security did a pretty good job, I was surprised at how fast they broke shit up.

But I guess it only takes one drunken idiot to do something stupid to ruin your day. Someone was saying that Bills fans were throwing bottles at Jets fans and their cars in the parking lot after the game but I didn't see anything.

So, overall, I think you'll be safe. I might go this year too just the timing isn't great so close to new years and whatnot and it'll probably be freezing. They are in Toronto (where I live) the week before against the Seahawks so I might just see that one instead.

9. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

I went up to Buffalo for a game 2 years ago, right after Edwards decided to go for a drunken joyride... of course I wore my Braylon jersey.

I got a couple stupid comments made to me but the overwhelming phrase I got yelled at me was "You wish you were 0-4".. Then we absolutely obliterated them, I believe this was the game Brad Smith threw for a TD to Keller.

Its a bizarre stadium but very fan friendly seating wise. Sitting in the UD is like sitting in the top row of the bottom bowl at MetLife.

10. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Ah, you were the one that started the thread about going to the Linc last season, right? That was a pretty entertaining thread.

I haven't been to Philly or Buffalo for a Jets game but I can only imagine that Buffalo would be a breeze if you survived Philly.

11. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

Weather wise it's a crap shoot. This past winter in Rochester we had the least amount of snowfall since they began recording snowfall, it was unreal. Then again you could end up with lake effect snow coming off of Ontario and Erie and you will have wished you drove to Miami for a game instead.

It sounds like security has increased at the stadium. Maybe the years of complaints finally registered after the incidents at other stadiums.

12. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I dont know if I would plan a trip for the last game of the season. It could be meaning less or it could be important. Sometimes the last game of the season is just crap

13. foreboding

foreboding Member

Stay away from the mid end-zone seats with your Jets gear and you will be fine. Bills fans are pretty cool up there. I have seen many games at the Ralph and joked with many opposing fans over the years, if your not a wad you won't have any problems.

Only problem might be is the Bills will be getting ready for the playoffs while you'll be auditioning your new QB for next year. ;)

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I've been to several games in buffalo. It's not to bad at all compared to Pittsburgh or Cleveland. The fans for the most part are decent as long as your not being a jackass.

It will be cold and windy that time for year. Bundle up big time.

15. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Of course it's a good idea! If it's really cold, wear a snowmobile suit and a diaper. That way you can piss your pants freely and avoid the hassle of going to the bathroom and getting your junk out.

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Al Gore says it's going to be 80 and sunny, so bring sunscreen.

17. SCJetsGirl77

SCJetsGirl77 New Member

JerseyJet, I see you go to USC and wanted to let you know we have a Jets Club in Columbia - would love for you to join us for the games and off-season activites (Draft Party next week!). I can't "pm" you b/c my count is too low, but if you want more info, we'll figure out some way to get in touch. GO JETS!

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I found the fans in Buf worse than Pitt but it always depends on where you sit. One game you may sit in a nice section, the next game you might be surrounded by nitwits.

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I was there once and people were pretty cool to me, despite the fact that I wore a Keyshawn jersey and we beat them to wrap up the division that day. Perhaps because it was an early Saturday game, people may have been hungover, but Buffalo was good that year and people were into the game.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That was the same game I was the same game I was at. It wasn't bad during the game, we caught the normal heat opposing fans catch but I broke up a fight btw a Bills fan in front of me and one behind me and after that I had no problems but leaving the Stadium was a little scary as we left like cattled being herded and there wasn't any security around but we made it out ok.