Transgender Swimmer Lia Thomas obliterating records

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 8, 2021.

1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Trans people just want to exist without being bullied.

KingRoach likes this.
  2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Seems many of these transathletes are more likely the ones doing the bullying.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I know that the prison system put a violent transgender woman in gen pop in a female prison and a female inmate was brutally raped. She sued, meaning the biological female sued. I don't know what happened after that.

https://news.wttw.com/2020/02/19/lawsuit-female-prisoner-says-she-was-raped-transgender-inmate

And there's always good ole Rikers:

https://nypost.com/2022/04/25/transgender-rikers-inmate-gets-7-years-for-raping-female-prisoner/

EDIT: There are a bunch of cases out there like this and it's not as uncommon as people may think. Rape is a crime of cruelty, debasement, and violence and of course same-sex violence is always rampant in prison but I find that when a transgender woman commits rape against a biologically female inmate it doesn't make huge waves.

So in "defense" of this, people who are all for Lia Thomas would say well, prison rape doesn't make huge waves either when it's same sex-violence so . . . How pat and convenient.

#223 jetophile, Oct 24, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
  4. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I’m trying to understand your post.

You say female on female rape runs rampant in prison.

You say trans female to female rape in prison “doesn’t get any waves” which I’m taking as “doesn’t get much media attention” (please correct me if I’m interpreting your random phrase inserted to bring the swimmer into the picture incorrectly)

But you post 2 stories about trans female on female rapes but no stories about female on female rapes…. So that leads me to believe those types of crimes cause more waves.

Have you spoken to a lot of people who don’t like the idea of verbally abusing and discriminating against trans people? Do they say their ok with prison rape?

5. jetophile

I'm not so sure why what I said is difficult to interpret. I'm not saying that prison rape is okay against anybody, and I'm not saying that anybody should be verbally abusing anybody. What I am saying is that people are selective about what they choose to be angry about.

Before you start parsing unnecessarily, same sex or transgender, some people are just physically stronger than other people, so of course a biological female can overpower a physically weaker biological female, but 9 times out of 10 a biological male is going to easily overpower a biological female, and that is of course taking into account that there are plenty of women who can kick a guy's ass.

I only brought this up because @FJF cited an example of a transgender woman physically harming someone in a sport due to a physical advantage. Lia Thomas has a clear cut physical advantage so I'm likewise not sure what you're talking about or niggling about.

6. KingRoach

Yea, different things make different people angry. I’m glad you were able to make that revelation.

Thank you for putting the answer at the beginning and saving me from having to read the rest of your post.

As far as why your post was difficult to interpret, I’d say poor phrasing, dancing around a point without actually saying what you mean. I liked the spacing and paragraph separation though. Good job on that.

7. jetophile

OK. o_O

KingRoach likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No one’s stopping them from doing that. They want how society operates to accommodate their life choices when they’re less than a percent of the population. That’s the issue.

50ShadesOfGreen likes this.
  9. KingRoach

Lol. No is stopping trans people from living their life without being bullied? You are funny. Take a look again at the thread and tell me how no one bullies trans people.

*I do appreciate the irony of being against bullying while also bullying the mentally challenged on this board regularly.

#229 KingRoach, Oct 24, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  10. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

What are we going with for a definition of bullying these days? Serious question. We have this zero tolerance position on bullying giving license to anyone looking to let their freak flag fly. We’re letting “victims” define it. But not all bullying is bad. It’s how all animals control conduct and evolve. Zero tolerance gives you freaks walking around with basketball-sized fake tits. Or, Will Thomas, who got tired of losing swimming races, changed his name to Lia and shat on generations of women’s accomplishments with absolutely no shame.

Leicester Jet, Savatage and FJF like this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Coming from a guy whose entire online presence is predicated on bullying people, this is rather funny. Also - did you just call trans people mentally challenged?

In any event, one third of the worlds youth are bullied.

No one has a problem with trans people until they want society to change the rules specifically for them. People can dress like a flamingo and drive a clown car every day for all I care. Just don’t use the right bathroom and stop infringing on youth sports or shoving it down everyone’s throats.

We’re on the trajectory where we should just get rid of men and women’s sports. It’s should just be sports and the best player plays.

12. Sundayjack

Yeah, this. And I’ll add - stop trying to teach elementary school kids how to suck cock.

Acad23 likes this.
  13. KingRoach

Thank you. No, I called most of the people on the board mentally challenged.

Many many many people have a problem with trans people regardless of how they affect sports; again, the posts in the thread and even the one directly above suggest otherwise.

I don’t know what the answer is (although people in charge of sports seem to be coming up with rules/requirements) but asking people to use the wrong bathroom and preventing them from playing sports seems a bit like discrimination.
    You might be ok with kids being bullied to the point of sulfides, but I’m not. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and all that.

I think it’s odd you think kids being bullied are passing laws ie defining bullying and it’s even weirder to think someone is going through gender therapy and changing their whole definition of self to win at swimming….

Going back to your question-
    Bullying:
    Bullying is ongoing through repeated verbal, physical and/or social behaviour that intends to cause physical, social and/or psychological harm. It can involve an individual or a group misusing their power, or perceived power, over one or more persons who feel unable to stop it from happening.

14. KingRoach

You can’t have a whole rant on trans people in one post and claim you have no problem with them in the second. I mean you can but it’s painfully hypocritical.

No one outside of your family is trying to teach school kids how to suck cock. Why are you so gullible?

15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I've just been all over my school looking for the hot female teacher they should have teaching this and could not find her. A little help finding her would be nice.

FJF likes this.
  16. Sundayjack

You can't quote my post and then repeatedly paraphrase incorrectly. That causes me psychological harm and maybe even a little physical pain.
    • You might be ok with kids being bullied to the point of sulfides, but I’m not. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and all that.
    Ok. Just save a little time for the whales. So many important causes, only one you.

Generally, I'm anti-suicide. I can be swayed, depending on the person. But when you set up pins just to knock 'em down that brings us off-point, because no one yet has had the stones to argue we'd be pushing Lia Thomas to the brink of suicide if we didn't allow her to compete in women's races? Or how that Canadian idiot be slitting his wrist if we didn't allow him to stuff his sweater with balloons. So, why break down these norms? To make them feel better about themselves? Great for Lia Thomas and Whackjob; everyone else - not so much. What about the woman who trained hard for years, earned a college scholarship, made it to the national championships, and then lost to someone with a physical advantage? Why don't her feelings matter? I'll go so far to say that the injustice to her was FAR more severe than the injustice to Lia Thomas if we didn't let her compete against women.
    • I think it’s odd you think kids being bullied are passing laws ie defining bullying and it’s even weirder to think someone is going through gender therapy and changing their whole definition of self to win at swimming….
    You forgot "sad". It might be "odd" and "weird," but I think on messageboards you're supposed to think posts you disagree with are sad. I'm big on norms.

Of course, we weren't talking about passing anti-bullying laws. And if what I typed implied that I think Will Thomas became Lia Thomas just so she could win swimming tournaments - my bad for being more uncaring than clear. This page of the thread started with @mute saying, "Trans people just want to exist without being bullied." Count me in on that. I'll even click "like" if it helps the discussion. I doubt you'll find any anti-bullying statute broad enough to include barring transwomen from competing against women in women-only sports. Unless you look at it solely from the transwoman's perspective. I imagine a transwoman would always see that as a "misuse of power".
    • Bullying:
    • Bullying is ongoing through repeated verbal, physical and/or social behaviour that intends to cause physical, social and/or psychological harm. It can involve an individual or a group misusing their power, or perceived power, over one or more persons who feel unable to stop it from happening.

Much appreciated. So, by that definition, are we "bullying" Lia Thomas by saying she shouldn't be competing in women-only races? Either way, I don't care. It's either not bullying or it's acceptable bullying.​

17. Sundayjack

'Course I can. This is the internet, I can do anything. But, "rant on trans people" is going a bit far. Plus, I didn't say anything about having no problem with transpeople in the post you quote. Later in the thread, after your reply - sure. Although, if it's hypocritical to say that I'm in favor or transfolks being free from (actual) bullying and free to live the lifestyle they choose, but pointing out that there are rules and norms more important than the feelings of one transperson - guilty as charged.

Edit to add: I'm also in favor of cocksucking classes, but as a college elective. Wood shop, but different. Probably wouldn't have been my choice, but maybe if my GPA needed a boost, you never know.

KingRoach likes this.
  18. Sundayjack

Silver hair, removable dentures, probably a little thin on the top of her head.

Sorry to disappoint.

19. KingRoach

You dislike when I paraphrase but then agree with my paraphrasing?

“Generally, I'm anti-suicide. I can be swayed, depending on the person.”

Odd indeed.

Transgender athletics is a complicated issue. Currently there is hormone testing so natural females sometimes can’t compete in sports due to their natural self. As mentioned, it’s a complicated issue but the people who seem to complaint the most are simple. If it was about fairness, what’s your opinion on Mack Beggs, the transgender boy who was forced to wrestle against girls bc of Texas law?

I didn’t jump into the conversation to defend transgender or L. Thomas, I simply can’t help but point out the hypocrisy of people saying they don’t have a problem with trans people while posting with vitriol.

20. Sundayjack

Of course. Aren't we all? I mean, murder-suicides - perfect example. I'm in favor of half that equation. The problem is, the murderer-suicider almost screws up the order. Jeffrey Epstein is another one. I was absolutely in favor when he didn't kill himself.

More fun later. I'll find out who Mack Beggs is and get back to that later.