Trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WilsonJetsFan, Mar 26, 2022.

1. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

I did some experimenting with some mock drafts and first-round trade options, and something keeps jumping out at me.

There will be a lot of great value in the second half of the first round. Happily, we have avenues trading down to that level with our #4/10 picks and trading up to that level with our #35/38 picks.

So, imagine this:

We use our #4 to trade with Philly for their #15 and #16. (We'll have to throw in a pick or two from the later rounds to make this work.)

Then, trade down our #10 to somewhere between 13 and 25, picking up some later round picks in the process.

Then, trade our #35 pick along with the later-round picks we gathered when we traded away #10 to get another pick between 20 and 30.

This could give us four picks in the back half of the first round, and still keep our #38. We will likely be able to pick up an excellent strong WR and Edge with Philly's 15 and 16. With our remaining two 1st round picks, there one of the top LBs should still be available, as well as either a very strong OL or S (there will be a rush on one of those by our last 1st round pick, but not both). And then we can use the #38 pick to clean up whatever spot we think needs work after we're done in the 1st round.

Getting 4 first round picks seems like a fantasy, but there are several scenarios in which we could trade into that, and they all lead to good results.

Jojo and Noam like this.
  2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

That’s a lot of moves.. doesn’t seem realistic to me but you never know.

I think JD will move back and I have a hunch it will be from the 4 spot. He will get a kings ransom from a team looking to jump the panthers for a QB. My prediction is Atlanta or Seattle.

Atlanta - 4th overall + 5th 2022
    Jets - 8th overall + 2nd 2022 + 1st 2023

Seattle - 4th overall
    Jets - 9th overall + 3rd 2022 + 1st 2023

Something like that

3. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I love your trade back scenarios and I agree that is where the value is. Jameson Williams, linderbaum, lloyd and Dean, Penning and Zion Johnson, Karlaftisand Johnson. All are great value in the 20 to 30 range.

I find myself really falling for Jameson Williams. I would love to trade back but Ii would imagine every team wants to do the same.

4. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with this, as long as the picks can actually play!! No Idzik shit, 12 picks 2 keepers!

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Just curious...Why would the Jets accept less from Seattle than Atlanta? And yes, I see that you have the Jets including a 5th rounder back to Atlanta, but a 5th rounder is almost nothing really. In any case, I'd want more to give up the #4 spot. Remember Macc gave up 3 2nds to move from #6 to #3.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Rockinz

Ya the 5th and also it’s just spit balling a bit. I think that’s the ball park of what the trade would look like

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That's what I figured. But I still think the 4th pick will command much more. Look at the recent drafts to see how teams without a QB, T, Edge are desperate to get one. And I think Douglas knows this too, which is why he worked FA the way he did - I think he's counting on getting some additional premium picks to play with.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Rockinz

Ya in my mock draft I have Seattle trading up for Willis and then sending 9 + 40 + Denver’s 1st next year to move up to 4.