Trade down from 35 to nab Clemmons is pure gold.......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by desert swordz, Apr 29, 2006.

1. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

Not only because we got a guy at QB that we wanted that has great smarts and potential but also due to the fact that we got an 07 second rounder in the process as well. Right now people aren't talking about that aspect of the trade that much and seem to be raving at Clemmons (can't blame them there), but i think that second rounder is the real treasure of this deal. having two second rounders next year (plus our first, which unfortunately may be in the top ten next year too!) gives us the ammunition to move up if we fall in love with a guy like brady quinn or a. peterson.

2. ChuckkieB

ChuckkieB Member

I completely agree.

3. djackson75

djackson75 New Member

If the Jets trade one of the picks to move up and get a QB next year, then moving down to get Clemmens this year was pointless.

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'm a HUGE penny fan, but there is a GREAT chance that Clemens is our future...i'm real pumped about it :grin:

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Depends why you say that. If you say it's pointless because we'd have taken Clemens and a first round pick in a 2 year span, then yes, it kind of is. But otherwise, you have an extra 2nd round pick. If the best use for it is to be ammunition to move up in the draft, do that. That certainly is NOT pointless.

6. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

he said also a. peterson...not just quinn...clemens height worries me because he's as tall as bollinger, no?

7. desert swordz

C'mon now, even if it makes us have a chance to get a star qb like Brady Quinn? I mean, i like Clemmons and all, but if i had to choose between keeping him and having a shot at Quinn, i'd take Quinn over clemmons any day.

Don't rule out the option of getting a RB, which now does seem like more of a need for us than qb since we did get clemmons. If it came down to Quinn and Peterson, i'd rather have Peterson.

8. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

It's always exciting to get a future QB, and I like Clemens a lot. I just wish we had gone Chad Jackson instead of Mangold and then taken Jean-Giles later.

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

We Traded UP not Down!!!

We dropped Down to 53 for absolutely NO GAIN a 7th and a 2nd next year.

Then, Realizing they Fked up and dropped too far, they traded UP to #49 and grabbed him.

So there is No gold there but actually 2 Fk Ups!

Did you even watch it?

10. desert swordz

Isn't Jean-Giles a guard? We really don't have that much of a need for guard. Center was of a greater need. Mangold fills it.

Chad Jackson woulda been nice, but i kinda got a lil iffy about him after i heard things like teams really didn't wanna draft him because after reviewing tape he didn't play as fast as his 40 time made people believe

11. Hazardous Waters

He could have followed it in the draft thread alone. :lol:

#11 Hazardous Waters, Apr 29, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2006
  12. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

god your fucking retarded, the skins overpaid us to move up to 35, then all we paid to move to 49 (mustve gotten word after that the vikes were going to pick clemens..or that you know the skins deal was basically to good to pass up)

so basically you could look at it as we traded down 14 spots, gave up a 7th (which is nothing) and gained a second.....thats a great deal

** 5 Day Suspension **

#12 SuppaMan, Apr 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2006
  13. desert swordz

Actually i didn't. I was at work today and i just kinda heard about it (guy i work with got on the net from his phone thing and told it to me, didn't exactly tell me every detail of how it went down) and he told me that we got a 2nd rounder next year and the guy we really wanted anyways, clemmons.

and its not a fukup. we went down a few spots from 35 to 49 giving up little else (a 7th) and got a second rounder for next year, which as i have pointed out we could package to get a top guy like a.peterson.

Fukups or not this move was positive for us.

#13 desert swordz, Apr 29, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2006
  14. Matty Jets

you say we dropped down for NO GAIN, a 7TH AND A 2ND NEXT YEAR....How is that NOTHING pinhead!!!!

15. Matty Jets

royal tee shut up for the day and take ur darksiding butt to the gabe watson bandwagan area...second rounders are common in getting younger veterans, like this year with javon walker and jeff faine...and that's along with the teams other second round pick...

16. Smokeeater

Smokeeater New Member

HGow many quarterbacks do you think the team needs at once?

17. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Yeah Jean-Giles is a guard but then we could've put Kendall at center. As for Jackson, he did have 88 catches last year, and our offense needs playmakers. Jackson is a playmaker, I think it was a mistake to pass him up.

18. Bomber

Bomber New Member

Back to the thread....yes, great work by Tanny and co.

Swaps like that don't come up very often: this has been a great draft for us so far.

19. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

why dont you just go for the whole enchilada and add a flash player to your posts, thats all its missing to get the maximum amount of attention drawn to it.

20. desert swordz

For all i care a team can have their whole roster made up of QBs, as long as they have one that can start, is durable, and can lead their team to victory.

By next years draft, the situation might be that, while in time clemmons could be that kind of guy, everyone'll know for sure that pennington or ramsey wouldn't be a QB like that for us.

And if you read the rest of what i said, i also state that we could package picks to move up and get some1 like adrian peterson.