Trade Advice?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Chadwick I, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Chadwick I

Chadwick I Member

My backs are LT, Turner, Edge, Taylor, and Sproles. Someone wants Turner badly and will trade me any two backs on his roster for him. He has Lynch, Jones-Drew, Forte, Chris Johnson, and Le'Ron McClain. His receivers (who he might also deal) are Marshall, Braylon, Welker, and Brandon Lloyd. Think I should bite on a deal.

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

How many running backs can you start?

Turner for Lynch and Jones-Drew would be a steal in my opinion. You might be able to get him to throw in Edwards because of his slow start.

If you could some how manage to get Lynch/Jones-Drew, Forte, and Marshall that would be incredibly stupid on his part, but great for you.

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Yeah, can't go wrong trading Turner for any combination of Lynch, MJD, or Forte. I'd stick with the vets as rookie RBs tend to hit the wall around the time the playoffs start.

4. Iownnamathssbjersey

Iownnamathssbjersey New Member

In my fantasy league, I had to keep 7 players from last year. I kept david harris and patrick willis on defense (IDP league) and on offense kept carson palmer (ughh), randy moss (thank you brady), adrian peterson, clinton portis and maurice jones drew. To make matters worse I missed the draft and all my sleeper picks were taken as opposed to guys with value. My team as of right now is:

Trent edwards
    Flacco
    Palmer
    Moss
    Vincent jackson
    Bryant johnson
    Ike hilliard
    Sidney rice
    Mjd
    Peterson
    Portis
    Rashad mendenhall
    Tim hightower
    Dallas clark
    Dustin keller
    Gostkowski
    And then I have the IDP defense. Guys like ray lewis, willis, harris, mayo, tuck and others

Question is do I do a full rebuild and trade moss, peterson, mjd or portis for some good young talent or do I keep and wait til next yr. We always keep 7 players. Whatre ur ideas? thanks

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Tell him you are really high on Turner but you may be willing to part with him for MJD & Marshall.

6. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I would trade Turner straight up for Lynch or MJD at this point, just to give you an idea about how much I value him. Any combination of those 2 guys and any other of that guys RBs or WRs is a steal. Also, Turner for Marshall or Braylon plus Chris Johnson would be a steal too.

7. Chadwick I

Chadwick I Member

Sorry, let me give you a better idea of our league.

Max Teams: 10
    Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
    Playoffs: Week 15, 16 and 17 (6 teams)
    Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
    Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
    Passing Touchdowns (4)
    Interceptions (-1)
    Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
    Rushing Touchdowns (6)
    Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
    Reception Touchdowns (6)
    Return Touchdowns (6)
    2-Point Conversions (2)
    Fumbles Lost (-2)
    Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
    Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
    Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
    Point After Attempt Made (1)
    Sack (1)
    Interception (2)
    Fumble Recovery (2)
    Touchdown (6)
    Safety (2)
    Block Kick (2)
    Points Allowed 0 points (10)
    Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
    Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
    Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
    Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
    Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
    Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

I have Cutler, Royal, Cotchery, Crayton, Turner, LT, Tony Gonzales, Edge, Roy Williams, Chester Taylor, Aaron Rodgers, Marques Colston, Darren Sproles, David Akers, and the NYJ Defense (homer pick probably).

He just traded for Braylon in a big trade (TO, Marvin Harrison, and Fargas for Braylon, Welker, and Jones Drew). I just made a trade (Larry Fitz, Palmer, and Anthony Gonzales for Colston, Cotch, and Sproles).

8. Chadwick I

Chadwick I Member

also, I have to drop a player to push a trade through. any ideas?

9. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

McClain and Lloyd are expendable.

10. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

If you stayed put, these would be your 7 starters next year as is: Palmer, MJD, AP, Portis, Hightower, Mendenhall, Dallas Clark.

My point is that I hate your WRs except for Randy. I would keep Randy and try to pull whatever RB for WR trade you can (as long as it's fair). For instance, I would offer MJD or Portis up for Brandon Marshall or TJ Houshmoo in a heartbeat with your team. I would trade AP for TO or Reggie Wayne. I would trade Hightower or Mendenhall (trade them while their hot cuz they won't stay that way) for the likes of Torry Holt, Marvin Harrison or Chad Johnson (get those old guys in these keeper leagues - people devalue them and you can make a playoff run with them).

Anyways, don't sweat Carson and Randy too much. I have faith that they will both bounce back. Neither will be the best at their position but I fully expect them both to finish the year top 10 at their position.

11. tdoublee

tdoublee Active Member

How do you rank the rookie RBs this year?

My ranks: Forte> Johnson> DMC> everyone else. I have Johnson and DMC.

Question is, will it stay that way? Is Forte the real deal for those that have seen him play?

I'm thinking of packaging Johnson and Desean Jackson to get Forte and a scrub. Is Forte that much better than Johnson? Will DMC pass them all?

12. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Talking about just this year, I see that staying as the order but I don't think Forte is that far ahead of Johnson. It's an even trade though.