Trade #2 to the Eagles for #12 and 3 2022 1sts

Discussion in 'Draft' started by ZachMFWilson, Mar 26, 2021.

?

Do you trade #2 for #12 and 3 1sts

1. Yes!! I love draft capital

68.8%
  2. No, I want my QB this year

31.3%
  1. ZachMFWilson

ZachMFWilson Active Member

Rumor has it, the Eagles were in talks with the Dolphins to go to #3 but felt they wouldn’t be able to get Wilson. They now have 3 2022 1st round picks (I’m counting the Indy conditional)

So here’s the question: if the Eagles offered those 3 picks (maybe a provision that the Indy pick doesn’t become a 1st it flips to a 2023 1st) do you take it and trade back to #12?

5 2022 1sts sounds tempting but 3 of them could be in the 20s

BrowningNagle likes this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Again, the question that has to be answered is: If you pass on your QB this year - it's unlikely the Jets QB will be there at #12 - who exactly are you thinking will be better than Wilson/Fields/Jones/Lance next year? And follow up question for bonus points: do you really think the team drafting #1 or #2 next year will for certain trade with you? And then of course there's the question of" does it really make sense to trade back for draft capital to then have to trade all that capital and possibly even more to trade back up next year?

Short answer: No!

3. ZachMFWilson

Before the 2019 college season, I had no idea who Joe Burrow was
    Before the 2020 college season, I had no idea who Zach Wilson was
    It’s not a stretch to assume a QB will make a name for himself to solidify his stock next year.

Bonus Answer: We play 12 games next year against teams with legit playoff hopes. If Sam is as bad as you say, wouldn’t it make sense that WE’D be drafting in the top 5 next year? If Sam is as bad as you say, we won’t need to spend much if any to move up a spot or two.

*I will be happy with whatever decision JD makes but if he’s as strong of a talent evaluator as we hope, 9 picks in the top 65 this year and next would build a team in his image.

** Short answers are rarely well thought out and always fail to paint a full and accurate picture.

amuck57 likes this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

And yet, it took having the #1 pick to get Burrow, and likely the #2 pick to get Wilson, which goes to my point: How will the Jets "earn" that high a pick next year, or what will it cost them, even if the #1 or #2 team even agrees to trade back?

The point is, this isn't Madden. You don't just decide "Oh, Ill take a FQB please", like you're ordering a slice of pizza. The Jets need a better QB than Darnold, even if he actually improved a lot under Saleh, he's still not going to ever be a top tier (i.e. SB-level) QB, and they have their choice of any QB except Lawrence (which IMP is great because I think Wilson is better). MAYBE they could do better next year, but MOST LIKELYthey won't be in a position to.

Moreover, assuming they take Wilson with the #2, it still leaves them with 2 first rounders next year and other prime picks to continue to build out the roster. And for every non-QB player you might want to take this year, it's almost for certain true that there WILL be as good or better players next year - that's a far greater certainty than hoping you might get a shot at a better QB.

Don't over complicate it. Take your best shot at getting a FQB at #2 and don't look back.

mrjet80, JetsKickAss and REVISion like this.
  5. ZachMFWilson

I’ve never played madden so I’m not sure of your reference.

Burrow was used to reference QBs who made a name in their last year. If I wanted to reference QBs who were gotten out the top 5 I would use Herbert, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Mahomes, Watson, etc etc.

I won’t be disappointed if we stay at #2 and draft Wilson but I know it’s not the end of the world if we don’t.

6. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

I would do it and I really Iike Zach Wilson. At some point you gamble and I would gamble there but my expectation and excitement would be terribly low for next year.

7. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

same as it ever was,i see

8. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

what makes you think wilson is a FQB ?, 1 good season against a cupcake schedule and his injury history to me says hell no.

Ralebird likes this.
  9. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

So that make you think he is not FQB?
    A weak schedule and past injuries... That's it?

How about his throwing ability, how about his quick delivery, how about his accurate throws on short/mid and deep balls best in the nation, how about his off-platform throws, how about his ability to throw accurate balls on different arm angles, how about his amazing throws on the run, how about his quick decision making, how about his ability to move defender off with his eyes and body movement, how about his movement in the pocket and ability to avoid getting sacked, how about his running ability, how about his character and competitiveness, how about his commitment and dedication to continually improve, how about his passion of football and the obsession he has to look for many hours video from the best QB to model his game on and to look at all the small details he can improve.

The guy is legit. I am pretty sure I won't convince you whatever I write here anyway but we won't see another Zach Wilson available to the Jets. The more I read about him the more I am impressed by his dedication and pro attitude to be the best.

#9 Kryoptix, Mar 31, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

i respect your opinion and i agree to disagree. i'm not going to try and convince you to change your opinion either and i'm not going to sit here and run him down, for me he is not the QB i want to draft at 2. that being sad, i'm just a fan and this is my opinion.

Skicats likes this.
  11. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Now this is what I call thinking outside the box. Hell yes you take that deal and I love the part about a 2023 1st if the Indy conditional pick is not a first. I am on the fence with Sam who got a shitty deal with too horrible HCs, and a deal like this would be massive with the Jets having five 1st round picks in 2022, totally epic. You never know what QBs will have a massive college year and with that much draft capital there we could move up to get a guy, unless Sam sucked so bad we are picking 1 or 2 next year.

Skicats likes this.
  12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

13. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

Are we still talking about trading back for a haul at this point?

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I don't think the Eagles would be interested in trading that much for Wilson. We had a chance to trade with them when they were at 6 and declined, just like we passed on the 49ers about trading to 12.

15. ColoradoContrails

He has a great arm, quick release, he's film room junkie, he's shown that he can deliver in the crunch. If you don't see those qualities, IDK what to tell you.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Actually he didn't say you would get a franchise quarterback, he said the best shot at an FQB. There are no franchise quarterbacks in this draft regardless of what anyone here says, there are only potential franchise quarterbacks. Not a single guy in the draft comes with a guarantee. Feel free to discuss which has more potential than another.

Skicats and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Wilson reminds me of Rodgers with his natural + fluid throwing motion, he’s got a better arm than Rodgers had coming into the NFL (Rodgers improved a lot!), his footwork is also very good, fluid... and he’s a football junky.

Qb’s are always a crapshoot, but he checks ALL the boxes (height, weight, arm, hand size, acumen) - more so than Sam did... and he comes cheap...

There’s no way the Jets can/should pass on him.
    You won’t find a guy with his raw talent in next year’s draft and even if you did, he’d go #1 and the Jets would have no shot at him.

He’s 100% the pick, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise...

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

That is a myth. Justin Herbert went sixth last season, and I'd rather have him over Wilson. There will be plenty of quality QBs coming.