Total War: Three Kingdoms

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Zach, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Did anyone try this yet?

[Why does it seem like I am the only one playing video games on this board? Eh?]

If you ask me - the total war franchise certainly outdid themselves with this one. 10/10.

For the first time in forever, now you must pay attention to the diplomacy. [I can name a few games that literally was god-awful in this regard, starting with Civ franchise.] And clan management. All the while you must command your army on the battle field like a generic total war player that you are.

2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I've played a number of games in this franchise. I started with Shogun, which I absolutely loved, then got Napoleonic, which I just couldn't get on with. Medieval Total War also failed to hook me, but then I dipped back with Rome and got completely hooked. I'm currently loving Shogun 2 and have gone through one campaign after another. I love tackling the game using different clans/nations. You really do get a different experience with each one.

I hadn't even heard of the Three Kingdoms, but it sounds like it might be good.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

It's been out for quite a while by now. I stopped playing regularly [thanks, work.] about 2 weeks ago. I think I poured in about 200 hours before that. :D

4. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't like to think how many hours I've spent on these games over the years... but I've had fun!

I really don't know why I didn't click with the Napoleonic version. It's one of my favourite periods of military history, but something about it just didn't work for me. The onpy other games that have hooked me like the Total War series have been Command & Conquer and Resident Evil 2... both a long time ago now!

5. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Great game and provides some difficulty to it as well. Battles feel nice and management of diplomacy and positions on the battle field is just as engaging.

Can't wait for mods

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

The two names you must remember:

Sun Ce [from Sun Jian, available @ Fall in 193] -> He upgrades the cavalry charging bonus by eye-whopping 100%. A must-have if you are a cav freak.
    Ma Chao [from Ma Teng, available @ Fall in 194] -> 15% attack/defense bonus for cavalry. Not as good as Sun Ce, but is a damn-fine alternative.