Top 5 QBs in the NFL

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Mexican Buc, May 28, 2007.

1. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

Ten is just too much for such a position.

Here we go:

1. Peyton Manning: Hands down. He's Marino with a Ring. His biggest knock has been simply that, can he get a ring. Now that he has his biggest monkey has been ripped off his back and he's silence most of the critics. 2 MVPs, EIGHT 4,000 yard seasons in his carrer, the other two were 3700 yard seasons. All sorts of records and TDs under his belt this guy is a stat machine and he can win the big one. There's quite simply nothing more you can ask of him.... well maybe to do it again, but you ask that out of every QB.

2. Tom Brady: This can turn either way. It becomes an arguement of "how much are SB Rings worth?" and such. Besides having the most impressive collection of SB rings amoung all the top QB he all produce in the state column too. Won the passing title in 2005, and has shown he can make ANYONE into a star. It's almost terrorizing to think what he could do with a WR like Moss. Man, I love living in todays NFL.

3. Carson Palmer: Youngest QB in the group. Last year 5 QBs got over the 4,000 mark- wow! He was one of them. He has steadily improved every year he has been in the league and it shouldn't be a surprise to see him on win the passing title next year. His resume isn't nearly as nice as Peytons, but it's similar to Bradys- with out the rings. Before he can really get into the mix of top QBs he's going to have to get one. He shouldn't worry though he's plenty young and has a good 5 years of top performance ahead of him. Being in the same division as the Ravens and Steelers really gives him the edge.

4. Drew Brees: He was a little tough to place. Being in the NFC waters down his value just enough for him to miss out on the top 3. His Comeback Player of the Year award has turned into a near MVP. The new heart and soul of his team. A real leader who makes everyone around him better. Had a great season last year winning the Passing Title, lets see if he can keep up such a high level of performance.

5. Donovan McNabb: This one can really be argued in several different directions which is why this is simply a top 5 and not 10. Quite simply he needs to stay healthy, period. He was thrashing through the league at the start of last year playing at an incredibly high level-- then got hurt. When healthy he is one of the premier QBs in the league leading one of the most devastating passing attacks. Has carried the team (imo, needlessly) on his arm almost his whole career. His Superbowl choke hurts, but he's not fighting for a top 3 spot here.

Honorable Mentions:

Marc Bulger- Quite simply a stat machine. Dramatically improved his TD:INT ratio this year. Prospers somewhat from a top 5 WR and RB, similar to Palmer, but in a weaker division.
    Brett Favre- I still think he's got it. He's "washed up" compare to what he was before, but his "wash up" is still better than a lot of peoples peak.
    Trent Green- Coming into 2006 he was running on his 3rd consecutive 4,000 yard season. One of the top game managers in the league. Shame he got knocked out.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

1. Peyton Manning
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Carson Palmer
    4. Drew Brees
    5. Philip Rivers

3. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

1. Chad Pennington
    2. Kellen Clemens
    3. Marques Tuiassasoposoofsfgsgs
    4. Chad Pennington
    5. Chad Pennington

4. Pride

Pride New Member

I think the original poster got it right. When healthy there really are not a lot of guys over McNabb except those 4, the honorable mention could use some adjusting

5. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Drew Brees
    Carson Palmer
    Philip Rivers

6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

thats pretty close...

the honorable mention is a little off - Brett Favre is not a top 5 QB anymore....not even close

Trent Green is just a joke right? I think there is a reason they might trade him to Miami and im pretty sure its not because of his age

7. Mexican Buc

No, Green has been the most underrated QB in the league for a while. Go look up his stats and tell me he wasn't doing great coming into 2006. Had it not been for the Bengals, who knows.

Favre isn't a top 5, that's why he's not there. He's in the top 10, as is Green, which is why he's an HM and not actually on the list.

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I agree about Green being top 10...

anyway I seee Favre play every game and he's nowhere near a top 15 QB... he tries to hard and fucks up everything for GB...

Manning
    Palmer
    Brady
    Brees
    Bulger

9. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

Philip Rivers has done shit to prove he's a top 5 Qback... I'd take Jeff Garcia or Matt Hasselbeck over him any day.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

After Manning it's really hard to rank them. Any of these lists (except one) is reasonable.

11. Mexican Buc

Ofcourse he tries too hard. If he didn't try too hard it would look like the Packers weren't trying at all!

You would really take Palmer over Brady?

12. FITM

It depends if we are rating these QBs on pure talent or rating them based on who they have to play around.

13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

what this list tells me is the Qb position throughout the NFL has gone to shit. After the consensus top 3 of Manning, Brady and Palmer, you could really just start to pick names out of a hat and place them. There is a steep drop off after the top 3..

14. Mexican Buc

Eh, I don't know about you but I love being around the NFL today. We could have some of the best all time players growing before us, Manning, Brady, LT, etc. This is real exciting stuff. In a few years when Brady and Manning start declining people are going to be focusing on the battle between Palmer and Brees for the top spot. Etc ETc...

15. Joeyd223

Joeyd223 New Member

Pennington
    Manning
    Brady
    Clemens
    palmer

16. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

how?s the wheater in our world today?

1. Manning
    2. Brady
    3. Palmer
    4. Drew Brees
    5. Hasselbeck (he just had a bad year)

McNabb has to prove that he can still do it

17. rillo

rillo New Member

Yeah bro i totally agree with you on this.....like LT doesnt help out.....give me a break.....

18. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

1. Peyton
    2. Brady
    3. Brees
    4. Carson Palmer
    5. Marc Bulger

19. FITM

Again, are we ranking on sole talent or ranking the QB including the talent around him?

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Top 5 in terms of value at the moment:

1. Peyton Manning. All world and has 5 years left in him.
    2. Tom Brady. The QB you most want to guide a championship caliber team.
    3. Carson Palmer. Best overall arm in the NFL.
    4. Ben Roethlisberger. Arm similar to Palmer's. Miserable season by his standards last year as he nearly killed himself in the preseason.
    5. Drew Brees. Good arm and great leader. Will never be top 3 but is comfortably top 5.

Of the guys not on the list only McNabb currently qualifies and he's just been hurt too much recently to make a top 5. Could push back into the top 5 with a vintage 15+ game effort this year.