Top 3 reasons Robert Saleh could get fired this season...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Jul 15, 2023.

1. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

These are my reasons and you're welcome to agree/disagree with them. Add more reasons if you think I'm missing something....

1) The Jets don't make the playoffs this season. I can't see any way Saleh would keep his job if the Jets don't make the playoffs. I have no doubt in my mind this is a playoffs mandate.

2) Jets lose to patsies twice this season. If Saleh doesn't beat the patsies twice this season it would mean he doesn't appreciate the Jets/patsies rivalry and that the Jets have no business being in a SB conversation.

3) Saleh is once again a perfect loser in December. In two seasons as Jets HC, Robert Saleh is a perfect 0-8 late in the season. In fact, the very second the calendar hits December 1st Robert Saleh loses every game in December and beyond. Truly good HC's that are SB level coaches raise their team late in the season. Good coaches win in December and beyond. Saleh is in fact the EXACT opposite. If that doesn't change this season, I can't see any way Saleh wouldn't get fired.....

abyzmul likes this.
  2. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I can agree with 1 and 3. But #2 not so sure. If the team comes out flat no energy and loses 10-3 both times sure or gets blown out sure. But splitting withing the division and sweeping them is tough enough already it depends on the effort.

3. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

Why be so negative? No offence intended.

How about, looking forward with optimisim to the forthcoming season, which promises so much, with a roster, and prospects that have been the best we've had in 15 years at least.

Try and be positive. It's all to play for.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

It all depends on if Rodgers stays healthy and plays a full season. In that case, #1 and #3 are good reasons to fire. #2 depends on rest of the season.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Very good point sir. But on the other hand, 10 years of full pain can explain why it might be difficult for Jets fans to look at upcoming season with full optimism.

Yankee6 likes this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

How about not telling others what they should be doing? It is a legitimate question and your suggestions about promise, roster and prospects have already been well explored.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

As you tell @UK_Chilts what he should be doing... :confused:

jetophile, burf, bicketybam and 4 others like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I understand Jets history as well as, if not better, than any Jets fan. It is just sad to me in a season that holds so much promise, we have a Jets fan starting a thread about firing our HC. I'm not Saleh's biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination, I wanted Daboll as the HC, but the players really like him, I can't remember a single game in which they have come out flat or looking unprepared or where they quit in a game since he became HC. There aren't too many HCs we can say that about in the Jets' history. Granted that's a low bar, but there's something to be said for stability and a team that never quits and fights hard. He has made his mistakes with hiring MLF, with his handling of Zach, and maybe some other ways, but things are headed in the right direction, the players seem confident and excited, we have a CS staff now that should be good teachers, the defense is a top 5 unit, and could become the top D in the NFL this season, and for the first time since Joe Namath, we have an honest-to-God real elite QB. So far we have no bad injuries (except Clark), Becton looks to be in great shape, Hall looks like he'll be ready to start the season, and there are a lot of reasons to be optimistic or at least hopeful and excited.

IMO it is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too early to begin even thinking about firing Saleh, much less talking about it. There will be plenty of time to do that later in the season or following the season if the team falls flat on its face.
    Some people just like to focus on the negative and be cynical. That's sad to me.

#8 NCJetsfan, Jul 15, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2023
    CaptainCap, AJW and cval like this.
  9. UK_Chilts

I'm not telling anyone what to do. Wouldn't dream of it. I'm asking the guy why he starts from a negative standpoint and as he invites posters to agree/disagree with him, I thought I would, as I see life differently.

The reality is he's made three points which all boil down to 'if an NFL Head Coach loses enough football games he will get fired'. And that hasn't been explored enough?

A lot of people on here are relentlessly negative.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm more prone to see how the entire season plays out before going headhunting. Saleh might be able to win a game or two this time around due to the roster upgrades. If the Jets by some calamity do not make the playoffs after this level of investment, Saleh should get real worried, real quick. Tangible improvement with the roster upgrades, or Saleh just might walk the plank once the season is over. In other words: They had better win or else there will be consequences. Just too much money and effort put into the upgrade not to expect a much higher ROI from this team.

God forbid the '23 Jets look like the '23 Mets after all this offseason drama.. It could happen but it would be a true catastrophe if it does for anyone on the CS.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. UK_Chilts

On a personal level, one of the things I am not considering when looking forward to the start of the season, for once, is the tenure of the Head Coach.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Two won't matter if we make the playoffs.

Yankee6 likes this.
  13. Ralebird

I'll tell everyone here that the spirit should be to allow all to participate in the free flow of ideas. Have all the personal biases you want but allow others the same.

NYJ1970 likes this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Thanks for the bringing your book of wisdom to share with the class. I'm sure we will all be better off for It.

The irony Is wild.

bicketybam likes this.
  15. Ralebird

"How about, looking forward with optimisim to the forthcoming season..." sure sounds like somebody telling somebody else what to do.

Keeping or firing coaches, if they are on notice it's do or die time, and how criteria change are always legitimate topics for any NFL team. The entirety of the New York Jets experience has been one of disappointment with the rare glimmer of success and oversold promise - pointing out that harsh reality is not negativity, it is that reality. Criticize anyone's viewpoint, but there's no reason to criticize the simple posting of it.

NYJ1970 likes this.
  16. Ralebird

You're quite welcome. Censorship is a sad thing.

NYJ1970 likes this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I agree with all 3, although 2 would be erased with an AFCC appearance I think. Lame but true.

NYJ1970 likes this.
  18. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

NCJetsfan, UK_Chilts and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Getting a massage from a hot stranger in a bar is definitely top 5.

20. Ralebird

If you don't see the difference between those promoting censorship and those against it that's your problem, not mine.