Took 13 weeks and 12 games...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Dec 3, 2023.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

....but we finally got many definitive answers that we've been seeking:

- every quarterback we have is undeserving of being on an NFL roster

- our offensive coaching staff is absolutely atrocious up to and including the head coach

- I called paranoia on this all year, but when you see what went on today - two quarterbacks who are clearly as bad or worse than the one that they trotted out all year - it starts to become a real possibility that the guys screaming that Douglas was bringing in guys who would make Wilson look like the best option were spot on

- Joe Douglas needs to be held accountable for throwing away an entire season by allowing this team to be in a position to literally throw away 3–4 very winnable games. When your defense consistently holds teams under 20 points and you lose a good portion of them, it speaks for itself

- Directly related to point number two, the playcalling and complete lack of any type of scheme that fits the players is mind-bogglingly bad. Well beyond the border between incompetent and criminal

Most of these items either have their own threads or have been discussed ad infinitum, but I feel after today's disgusting debacle and it being the unofficial end of any chance of even salvaging anything this season, they all deserve to be in one thread.

Woody Johnson is far too incompetent to get this right, so I have no idea where to even go from here. As a franchise, I don't think I'm being dramatic in saying that we are looking at several more years of this type of crap, at an absolute minimum.

Jets79, babyknight, mezzavo and 9 others like this.
  2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Douglas must be fired. He needs to go into sales, which is all he's good at. Managed to sell this fanbase on the idea that he's a genius. He's only marginally better than the morons he replaced.

JetDan, Borat and James Hasty like this.
  3. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Totally agree and there's not much else to say at this point. This team is a weekly embarrassment. Even our good players look terrible right now. Each week it's not a question of if we'll lose but how disgraceful we'll look like in doing so. I'm almost beyond caring what happens. Just totally numb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Ha, CMan strikes again. He shut the game thread down with a parting salvo: "Autopsy in the main forum." Well, we can dissect the cause of death but I'm afraid it's idiopathic.

An act of God needs to smite this clown show. Are there other options for the atheists among us? I don't know, maybe something concrete and factual, like a mass firing. I know there's some Word Play in there to be had, but I'm too tired.

5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

The people on this board with their salt immediately said to get another QB the moment Rodgers went down.

Ralebird, mezzavo, dmw and 6 others like this.
  6. The_Darksider

Most of us have been saying it from that point. The fact that he went and got Siemian after three weeks just to shut us up (us being all fans and media) makes this even more egregious.

REVISion likes this.
  7. jets_fan

Some of us were saying it as far back as the second after Rodgers was officially acquired.

Ralebird, ouchy and JackBower like this.
  8. The_Darksider

I've been watching this clown show long enough to know that as soon as Cook fumbled it was over. When your turning point is that early in the game and you've been watching the same shit happen over and over for decades, it says everything you need to know.

Jets79 and REVISion like this.
  9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

We are watching futility of Epic proportions.

The last time Jets scored more than 13 points in a game was the 20 against the Eagles on October 15th.

Jets79 likes this.
  10. jets_fan

And 7 of those points were LITERALLY given to us by the Eagles.

Jets79, NY Jets68, REVISion and 3 others like this.
  11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Anyone with any sense was saying don't get Rodgers in the first place!

Ralebird likes this.
  12. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Eh, I don't know about that

AtlantaJet likes this.
  13. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

It's insane, most fans begged for a move even before the season started!

Joe D was totally fine with just punting away a season. Complete joke..

14. The_Darksider

Two points on a safety, seven points where they let us walk into the end zone. When was the last time the offense scored 13 legitimate points?

Jets79 and REVISion like this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The Jets have really painted themselves into a corner.

You have HoF QB that came to the Jets because he liked the team.
    Can't fire Douglas, Saleh or Hackett because said QB likes them.

I hate to say it... but the best thing may be to tank the season and move forward as is.

Unless Rodgers wants to bring in some more of his friends... :rolleyes:

dmw, Pepsiguy5 and REVISion like this.
  16. jets_fan

They need to win some games to begin to get this losing culture out of here. This staff can't return on the back of consecutive seasons that ended with 6 and 10 losses respectively.

Ralebird and The_Darksider like this.
  17. The_Darksider

This 10,000 times over. We are no longer a sad sack team with no talent that should lose out to get a draft pick. We have some real players on this team, they shouldn't be subjected to more losing and should be given every opportunity to learn how to win close games instead of this nonsense. Besides, the way the team is set up now, we're not drafting a quarterback first no matter what happens, especially without a second round pick. They made the move to go all in to win this year or next, next year has to be the push to win it all.

Get a couple of wins down the stretch, still will probably have a top 10 pick, and then trade that pick for more draft capital.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

You can't win games without talented players on offense unless you have a good offensive HC calling plays. We lose because we have neither talent on offense nor the offensive HC. The culture will improve when we address those issues.

Jets79, dmw and The_Darksider like this.
  19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

How did that trade make any sense? Bringing in a guy for one or at most two seasons when you need someone that's going to be in play for 10+ years if you want a realistic chance to build a competitive team - there is a tiny chance you might gamble and win it all like the Rams did but it is such a small window you are giving yourself that it is a wild swing for the fences which again given the Jets history you just know is never going to land

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets got gift wrapped a HOF QB who took a historic pay cut, and Joe Douglas responded by preparing for zero contingencies in what was supposed to be a surprise contending season and by making the offensive line worse than it was previously when it was already tragic. The guy is not competent to hold his current position.