To Bell or not to Bell, that’s the question... Vote please

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Feb 13, 2019.

?

Should Jets sign Bell no matter what?

1. Of course, you crazy?

39.3%
  2. Nah, too expensive.

43.2%
  3. Yes but only at this price (State your number please)

17.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Bell, the elite running back. Talented as hell but also expensive.... very expensive. Asking for a lot of money, he isn’t that young any more either. Didn’t play at all last year but maybe that’s a good thing.

I really can’t decide if I want him or not. What do you guys think?

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Sign me up for anything up to 15 mil per year.

3. It was painfully hard as a spartans fan to oppose kirk cousins coming here Last offseason.. im glad im able to redeem myself by being all in on Bell

tomdeb likes this.
  4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I’ve heard of him.

5. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I second this, but want the guaranteed money completely front loaded on the first 2 years

Peebag, Mario and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  6. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

He turned down 14.5m from steelers. I want him, But I wouldn't offer more than 15.5m

7. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't want him, but not because I think he will be too expensive. I think he will bomb here. I just have a feeling that he will be a huge dud after a year out of football and running behind our offensive line. If he came here it would be for the money, not because we are a contender, so I would doubt his motives. I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

NYJalltheway, K'OB, stinkyB and 3 others like this.
  8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He turned alot more than $14.5 that's what he would have made on the franchise tag after turning down the 70 million plus with $33 mill guaranteed the first 2 years

9. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Should add another option.
    No ( and state your reason)
    I think alot of fans who are opposed to signing Bell have reasons beyond the cap hit.

10. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Pretty much my thoughts too. I think the Jets have consistently allowed among the most negative yard rushing plays over the last few years and the Steelers among the fewest. I really worry that without a line as robust as theirs Bell will struggle.

I'd take him, but probably only at a number that would be less than he wants.

11. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

What convinced me to vote no was when his OL spoke out against his hold out. That's unheard of in the NFL and hints at issues with Bell that are larger than just money. We don't need any more me first players, no matter how talented.

Sam is too young to keep someone like Bell in check and it's not fair to even put him in that position. Although Bell would undoubtedly help Sam on the field, I believe there's a good chance he could hurt him off it too.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

While I would love to have a dominant running back, and Bell has proven he is great, I've never loved him. I'd pass, and I actually don't expect him to come here anyway. He'll go to a closer team, such as Indy/KC/Houston.

13. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Of course. The Todd Gurley deal is likely what he is seeking. 4 years for $60M with $45M in guarantees. Pay him. Nothing worse than having all the top free agents signed and the Jets sitting around with $90M for jag players. Overpay the stars not the jags.

Either you want him or you dont. I dont understand wanting someone at X dollars? Who cares it's not your money. Teams regularre restructure contracts to get under the cap, so the whole notion of "cap hell" is a fabrication. Teams dont like paying out the cash to the players, that's the only thing that's stops them.

14. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

for those good with paying top dollar for him...what are your thoughts on the fact that:

1) james conner (a well regarded but not uber talented back) more or less replaced his production
    2) the steelers who know him best don't think he's worth that...are they just cap strapped?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Bell is so much more than a RB so i want him at around 15/16M tops.

16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I’d want the production he had pre holdout. I’m not sure that will happen with the Jets.

NYJetsO12 and stinkyB like this.
  17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Your thread title sucks, now I want burritos for lunch.

18. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

It really isn't.

TonyFtLaud and HomeoftheJets like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Conner did not replace Bell's production. Conner is a good NFL running back and played well this year. He's a personal favorite of mine given all that he has overcome to make it to the NFL. But the Steelers absolutely missed Bell last year. Their offense was limited on certain downs with Conner that they weren't with Bell.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

I would sign him up and i would not go for Brown. I think Bell would fit better with our style and at 15 million it might work. Brown seems to want california and to compete at a high level which i can't see next year for us. Plus i would try and draft a wide-out and get a young wide-out to hopefully gel with Darnold. But for Bell it's a yes from me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.