TJ Conley Is Kind Of Good At Punting...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BakerMaker, Sep 26, 2011.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I have waited at least 3 weeks before jumping the gun on judging the punter but I gotta say that Conley has been terrific thus far on his punts and considering its his first full year of doing this, he has done plenty of good in the 1st 3 games. In particular vs Oakland, he really shined having some great punts and really aiming it where Schillens(I believe) just had nowhere to go as the coverage got to him quick. The only "bad" punt by Conley was the touchback one where if coverage got a better read, could have easily saved that and had that be downed inside the 5 yard line. Conley got outshined by Shane Lechler but who doesn't? He's the best punter in the game.

Granted its going to be a true test come Winter time but thus far, it seems like Mike Westoff made a great choice with Conley as the punter. Not to say Weatherford was bad by any means but TJ Conley seems to have not missed a beat with the promotion after some shaky punts in the preseason and in training camp.

2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

U of Idaho representing!

3. Jam.

Jam. Banned

The one good thing from yesterday's game.

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Overall the play of our special teams has been a bright spot with the lone exception being Cromartie shitting the bed yesterday.

We had the blocked punt in week one with Folk drilling a game winner

Last week Cromartie had a huge return and Folk again looked solid.

This week Kerley nearly broke one and avgd about 20 yards a return. There was a mistake made on punt coverage with one of the players losing site of the ball which probably would have been downed inside the 5. McKnight looked good back there on his kick return as well.

The kickoff coverage has also been pretty good. This is one unit that does not worry me. Sure they may give up a return or miss a FG but they are solid.