Timmons Hit on Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedgreenIII, Sep 16, 2012.

1. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

That was the gamechanger Sanchez was not the same after that...cheapshot that was...probably predetermined too....

Wont be surprised its brought up in the presser by someone...

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

And how is Wallace not ejected for hitting an official.

3. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

Yeah I think it had a pretty big effect. Sanchez looked pretty good in those first 2 drives but that hard hit on him seemed to send him into a tailspin. Not sure it's really a fair excuse but it did seem to be a factor, and the dropped passes just took it from bad to worse.

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

oh it will. In beginning I thought it was nothing but maybe Sanchez head was in the clouds since that hit and the JETS might have to answer a lot of questions as to why he was still playing.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yeah that was pretty bad but I don't think it had an effect on the game. The biggest play of the game was Sanchez overthrowing a wide open Holmes in the endzone on that drive.

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Holmes wasnt wide open. But I dont think that was a game changer. The game changer to me was Dirty 30 running right pass Big Ben and if tackled would of forced a Steelers FG.

7. laxin

laxin Active Member

I dont see how that has any affect on Holmes dropping upward of 5 passes, along with all of the other dropped passes... There must have been at least 8. 50 mil to drop passes sounds like an easy job to me.

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Or the Hill drop earlier in that drive I believe. Or the missed sack on Big Bend where he then threw it up to Wallace who somehow Cro lost. The Steelers just beat us. I don't think I can really point to one play.

9. Barry the Baptist

He was open enough that it would have been a TD. But yeah Landry missing Ben was pretty bad.

10. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

I don't think it was a cheap shot. Those kind of hits happen all the time. I even expected it to happen when i saw how close Timmons was to Sanchez when he was about to throw. It's just part of football

11. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Somebody has got to tell Landry that driving the guy through the stadium isn't going to make a incomplete pass any more incomplete or a completed play any less complete. Just get there and make the damn tackle. Don't get me wrong, because I love the guys intensity, but his constant whiff attempts at destroying people and missing tackles is going to get real old real fast.

12. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

Sanchez's last pass before that hit was the touchdown...after the hit the incompletions began,even his body language changed...I'm not saying we would have won that game but after that opening drive it was inexplicable the number of incompletions & the lack of continuity on offense...even with the drops...

Sanchez has had some stinkers in his time but his record for incompletions was today...I'm not even mad with this loss...to me it was clear we were going nowhere with a wounded duck for a QB....

13. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

downright criminal

if goodell gonna try to bench those saints players he should do something here

14. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I lost a lot of respect for Sanchez today, seeing how his game changed from the hit on. He and Holmes both cowered and ran away from the game.

15. NYJFan10

Shonn Greene's the one they really have to answer for. Or Revis last week coming back in. They do seem a little too cavalier with head shot injuries.

16. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

could you have taken that hit?

17. Barry the Baptist

I thought Greene getting taken out was bigger then Sanchez. He was running hard and good. Not that Powell didn't have some nice runs but I think Greene being 100% would have made a bigger difference in our offense. Our D and ST sucked so who knows if we keep it close but IMO Greene getting injured was a bigger deal then the Sanchez hit.

18. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Is he being payed millions of dollars?

19. NYJFan10

Every QB gets hit like that, what seperates a pretender from Sanchez from a guy like Eli is how he responds after getting popped.

20. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I thought the four biggest plays were the following:

1) Up 7-6 in the first quarter: Sanchez Missing Holmes in the end zone. I think if we grab a 14-6 lead there, the game changes drastically. Huge missed opportunity.

2) Up 7-6 in the first quarter: Hill not being able to come down with that pass inside the five yard line. Again, same reason as number 1: We had an opportunity to take a commanding lead early. I always think missed opportunities, early in road games against elite teams, are game-defining.

3) 3rd and 16, down 13-10 in the 3rd quarter: Instead of getting the ball back in a tight, one possession game, we give up a ridiculous, long, game-changing touchdown pass on a down and distance where that should just never happen. It actually wasn't even a good decision by Big Ben, Cromartie should have been in perfect possession to pick it off, or at the very least, knock it away . . . he just didn't stop running and Mike Wallace did.

4) Down 20-10 late in the 3rd quarter: Green betting caught behind the line for a six yard loss, immediately following two nice runs from the Tebow package. That play was just a drive killer.

I personally never felt like we had a great shot after falling behind by 10. Our offense was in an embarrassing funk. Our receivers were getting little to know separation and dropping passes. Our offensive line was missing blocks on routine blitz pickups. Our quarterback had happy feet and was consistently throwing wildly high of his intended receivers.

It might have been interesting if we won our challenge on the apparent (it so was) fumble, still down only 20-10. However, in all honesty, I just never felt like our offense was going to do anything for the rest of the game.