Tim Boyle will remain starter vs ATL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Nov 25, 2023.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Do you think Harbaugh would come here? And does "fire everyone" include Douglas? Because I don't see Harbaugh and Douglas being compatible - although who knows.

The bottom line is though: fire Saleh and hire a proven offensive guy as HC, preferably one with HCing experience, even college experience. Certainly Harbaugh fits that bill, but he's not without his warts and flaws. I'm sure there are other good candidates, including maybe an existing HC with a winning resume who wants a change of scenery.

Saleh is a nice guy and well intentioned, but this job was too big for him, especially since it was the lack of a good offense that has been this team's problems for years. In SOJ fashion, he was exactly the wrong guy to hire.

Jets79 and Cman68 like this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Don’t disagree. I also think they took away his river boat gambler approach taking long shots on the run and turned him into a shell shocked “ whatever you do, dont throw a pick” scare football mentally. That taken away coupled with his pocket unawareness completely destroyed his good traits and emphasized his bad ones. If there was a small ray of hope for his growth was destroyed forever by the OC.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I just don’t see Harbaugh leaving. If he wins the national championship, why wouldn’t he go on the tour of defending his title? I also strongly believe he desperately wants that title. And if he doesn’t get it he probably has several more years to take a crack at it given his strong recruiting.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I used to think the same but now it is clear Harbaugh is tired of the college game and the NCAA's bullshit rules and I don't blame him.

People literally buying players from other teams but Harbaugh gets suspended for watching player practices over zoom during a "dead period."??!? Then he gets another bullshit suspension for scouting teams. FFS they hold up GIANT poster boards with their plays on gameday, but you aren't allowed to scout that?

he's had enough and will be going to the NFL again first valued offer he gets

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Maybe. But he has his machine rolling and Ohio State can’t beat him right now. He has a pipeline of offensive lineman, runningbacks and defensive ends to go 11-0 every year.

I wonder how these guys at OSU, Michigan, Georgia and Alabama view the 12-team playoff next year. They all had their tickets punched almost every year and now have to run a gauntlet (granted against teams they will all probably beat up on with easy) to get to the final game.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Yeah. I mean, fire everyone. JD has done some good things but his record Is shit. The offense has never been good under his watch. The OL sucks every single year. Not only does It suck every year, It gets worse somehow every single year under his watch thus far. It's unacceptable. Rodgers goes down and he sits on his hands Instead of getting a viable backup QB to play under center for this team. It's inexcusable.

I do think Harbaugh would come here.

It's not just Saleh. It's everyone, including the owner. Everyone does this every year with the blame game, singling out one person. Last year It was MLF. He clearly wasn't the overlying problem. People get focused on one person, as If that Is always the root cause for all the problems.

The reality Is, It's just a bunch of the wrong people, collectively, fucking over this team and the fans. Every year. Starts with the owner. Unfortunately we can't do anything about that problem though.

They want to claim mulligan on the year because they didn't get to see "PLAN A" In action with Rodgers going down 4 plays Into the season. Fine.

...but I have zero confidence In any of these fuck-tots at this point. I'm ready for results, until I see It, I just don't give a shit anymore till they figure It out.

7. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Only if it's Young Frankenstein era Peter Boyle.
    Throw in Mel Brooks as OC and at least we'll be entertained
    Couldn't be worse.

#87 NY Jets68, Nov 28, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2023