Thread ratings

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by gustoonarmy, Jul 20, 2007.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Theres someone on this forum who is constantley rating threads with one star , which is fine if that thread deserves it. Of course some posters opinions may differ from everybody elses.
    But there is a thread on here at the moment which is of a very sensitive personel nature and to rate this thread with one star is just crass and thoughtless.
    Whoever you are grow up , just a bit please.

2. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

This stuff wouldn't happen if badger was here more often.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

If you don't want your sensitive personal situation commented on or "rated" by an anonymous, thoughtless internet child, don't put it on the internet. I agree that was a rude 1-star, but you've got to expect it on here.

I've voted quite a few of the off-season threads one-star but I'm not the "one-star bandit" that has been discussed.

4. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

I don't even remember the last time I looked at a threads rating

5. gustoonarmy

I don't look at ratings to see if something is worth reading I prefer to look at the subject matter.

What you don't seem to grasp is that some posters on here (and I include myself) look at TGG as 'extended family' and sometimes a loss or a problem is best discussed , even on a public forum such as this.

All the replies in 'that' thread are sympathetic , so to rate it with one star is just plain insulting , and I'm sure whoever has done it has done so with the purpose of upsetting.

I couldn't care less if the post rating thing was moth-balled , but it is here so use it properly or not at all.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I can certainly understand wanting to discuss personal issues on here, and hear where you're coming from with the "extended family" thing. Still, you have to understand that when you air your dirty laundry in a public, anonymous website there will be clowns out there attacking you. If you're going to do this you have to take and expect unwarranted negative attacks (however they present themselves) with a grain of salt and understand that in the grand scheme of things they don't mean anything.

The bottom line is either keep it to yourself or be prepared for stupid things from stupid people. You can't really expect everyone to use the system properly because you put this post up, can you?

Don't get my wrong gustoonarmy, I appreciate your efforts and your being upset with what happend, I just don't think this post will have any impact on the clowns who are willing to do these things.

7. gustoonarmy

Firstly it wasn't a thread I started , it was another Brit though.

Secondly , we shouldn't have to scrutinise every single post and written word thats put up here , let alone stars!

The whole point of this thread is that hopefully the perpetrator(s) will see this and maybe think again before doing something so obscene , without hijacking the original thread.

8. GreenMachine

I am pushing for thread ratings to get tossed. They are an eyesore

9. Hazardous Waters

If you're not man enough to deal with thread ratings, you might as well just off yourself.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Thread ratings don't bother me, mostly because I have to deal with each of my threads getting 1 star. ha ha just kidding. But seriously. :)

11. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

or whack yourself

12. gustoonarmy

They don't bother me at all , most of the time.
    Some things shouldn't be rated.
    How about when DBJs son was ill , does that thread need rating? Most recently another poster had a family loss , and some tosser still thought it was funny to rate it.
    Whats that got to do with being a man? Being a man is being tolerant and excercising self control.
    I hope GM gets ratings whacked.

13. Hazardous Waters

I'm saying that if you can't handle your thread or someone else's thread being rated poorly on a message board, good luck making up for losses and dealing with tough situations throughout your everyday life, outside of message boards.

14. gustoonarmy

How many times are you going to miss the point?

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE THREAD RATINGS MOST OF THE TIME.

But there are times when people want to offload a sensitive issue , but there are alot of immature posters here who through lack of compassion and life skills think it funny to rate a thread instead of just leaving it alone.
    I'm guessing here , but I will take a shot that these assholes also will not post in that thread as well.

Just to reitterate , I couln't give a toss about the ratings.

Did you get it that time?

15. Hazardous Waters

If you could make up your mind, I'd get the point.

Fine, but that does not correspond to this:
    It doesn't matter how often you are bothered by thread ratings. What matters is that they affect you sometimes, and that's straight up lame.

They're more mature than the people that cry about lack of sensitivity among posters. Furthermore, many do it just for the sake of getting to the nerves of people like yourself. Ever heard of a troll? Ever heard of shock value?
    That's half the battle.