This years offense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BIG COUNTRY, Aug 11, 2006.

1. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

I see a few threads complaining about the offense or lack of offense(Some of it is trolling like TITAN63) that has been displayed in this pre-season game. Please keep in mind I havent been able to watch the game so I cant fully comment on it. Well I think we might have to play the slow offense. Here;s why:

1. Its a new offense, its gonna take time to learn and players still arent fully adjusted to it so it wont be guns out every game.

2. We are not a good team, our offense isnt very good and our defense is an o.k. one that isnt gonna get us a shutout every game. Our best bet is to try and keep the offense on the field as much as possible. I only expect 3-6 wins and I would be happy with 6 depending on the situation. Our best bet of winning is to stay as close as possible here and try to win close games, we just dont have the ability to be like the Rams of a few years ago.

3. We are also very young. There are gonna be times where Mangold and Ferguson struggle(I expect the bust threads to pop up) and they are gonna have their bad days. Clemmens will also struggle if he plays a lot and he will have his learning stage as well. Plus our recievers arent very good. Coles is good but now he is probably better suited as a number 2. Cotchery I am excited about but he wont dominate for us(hopefully Im wrong) and McCariens sucks.

And last we have a new coach learning the ropes. I say we sit back, enjoy the season, keep expectations low and we can enjoy it.

2. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I think that this year (at least in the beginning, while everyone is still geling together) we are going to do a low-risk offense to keep us in the games. Not much more to get us blowouts.

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Stop speaking logic after a loss...You know how it gets here, lol...

I agree though...New system, new OC, new Coach, 2 rookie OLineman, Question at QB, no run-game...

Their are gonna be some pretty bad bumps...