This weekend, are you...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sozopol, Nov 21, 2013.

?

Thinking about the game Sunday, are you...

1. Looking forward to it, as you always do? Can't wait!

74 vote(s)
    50.3%
  2. Dreading it, why do you do this to yourself?

39 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. Neither, you are an emotionally healthy person

34 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the game, because you always do, you enjoy it, you think they can win against a flawed Baltimore team, its an odd-numbered week, you are eager to erase last weeks bad taste from your mouth by putting together a complete error-free game like they did vs. NO and NE

Dreading it because you know what's coming, they had a good/lucky run but the true caliber of the team is starting to show, the only question is whether it will a heartbreaker or a blowout, your mood is already ruined just thinking about it, why do you do this to yourself

Neither, because you are an emotionally healthy person who doesn't let a sports team that you have no control over dictate your mood, you hope for the best but realize this is a flawed team and a transition year and won't get to worked up about either a win or a loss

2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

#3 - This is not life and death. I will enjoy watching the game and will take whatever comes, but we are not a Super Bowl caliber team ... yet. I just want to see the team play hard.

3. sozopol

See, I mostly waffle back and forth between 1 and 2. That's the problem.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I love this team, but I don't love it to the point where it ruins my week if they lose. It's only a game. My expectations for this team weren't that high to begin with. I just knew they were better than last year.

Future is still bright.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Ditto. Lol

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

#3 for me as well. As long as they play hard I am OK with any result. Future is bright.

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I'm at 2 this week after being at 1 all year. That last game was a real shot to the heart.

8. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

Mix between #1 and #3. Look forward and love watching them play every week, but don't let the outcome, especially a loss affect my mood. I realize it's a bunch of grown men making millions of dollars having fun, playing a game. If the outcome of a game puts you in a bad mood or depressed, I feel sorry for you.

9. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Spot on. My feelings exactly. There was a time in my younger days a loss would ruin an entire week for me. You should have seen me at dinner for my wife's birthday right after the fake spike game! But now as I get older I look forward to every game and take the losses in stride.

10. sozopol

I went with #2. That is how I feel now.

Come Sunday morning, I will inexplicably transform to #1. Every time. I am a sunshiner at heart.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Damn! Hopefully the food was at least decent ...

The Steelers playoff game in 2005 really hit home for me, I went to that game. Took me nearly a whole semester to get over it.

I agree with you man, enjoy this wonderful game and hey if we lose shit we lose gotta take it in stride.

Those damn Steelers though, I hate them oh so much ...

12. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

LOL. I still have a hole in my drywall from that game!

13. Toon is God

Toon is God Active Member

Ha ha, I was the exact same way my friend. Just about broke my foot kicking the couch and went on a 2 hour soul searching walk afterwards. It didn't help that my Dad had been egging me on for two quarters about how the Dolphins were coming back. Needless to say, he's never joked about it since.

Nowadays, I've got kids that I try not to let them see me act like a 4 year old.

14. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I wish It were 1, but after last week and Cincy, I think on the road, we're doomed.

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Having kids makes watching football around them weird. My 7 year old boys never see me cursing except the Jets games. I got a new TV and now watching games in another room and try to be quiet.

16. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

with the jets you just need to watch the first half if they dont come balling is a blowout xd

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I always look forward to the games. I always think we can win on game day. I usually get a little pissed if the team comes out flat and it's a really nice day. Hate wasting 3 hours on a nice Sunday to watch a crappy effort.

18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that one:up:

19. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

I would say dreading due to the fact we were in position to take commanding control of our own fate if we had beat buffalo and granted the bills are a division opponent and play a lot better at home than on the road, we were coming off a bye week knowing what's at stake and we just didn't look prepared the same mistakes continue to be made...geno hasn't shown any progress the last few weeks...even in our victory against the saints the defense was the only reason we won...but even our defense is suseptible to the long ball as it's been all year and milliners struggles continue....what's to change against the defending Super Bowl champs that play well at home, have a qb who can throw the long ball and a receiver in Torrey smith to catch the long ball...not to mention it looks like the ravens got ray rice a lot more involved last week as well...but that defense will confuse geno and I just don't think our defense can win us games with our offense turning the ball over

20. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Like the Pats game?