This Team's Execution

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by teamgreen, Nov 15, 2009.

1. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the TB Bucaneers coach (think it was Sam Wyche, 1980's), when asked "what do you think of your team's execution?" in an interview, answered "I'm all for it"

We have a bunch of talented players who fail to make the game-changing play when they're put into position. Is is just bad luck to be 4-5, with 4 of those wins being ultimately determined in the final drive of the game? Or is this team riddled with a bunch of "hopers" that someone else make the big play when required.

The way this team has lost these games, moreso than the losses, is what makes me sick to my stomach.

At this point, it doesn't matter who the O-Coord is or how many points-against our defense averages-- we have players in a position to make clinching/ game changing plays each week and they fail to deliver. Until dropped INTs become INTs, risky pass plays become momentum changers rather than just sensational drops (or turnovers after the completion), we will never be close to a championship caliber team.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

it does come down to the execution.

its not there.

the team has to be much more disciplined.

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Finally a worth while post today.

This is a huge problem. From Missed tackles to blown assignments to dropped balls. We had all of those kill us today. We have talent, but are not getting results out of it.

I expect the ups and downs froma rookie QB, but the drops, fumbles, and missed tackles killed us today. IT was painful to watch.