This Team Keeps Me Hanging On

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Poppa Naich, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Watching the Ravens game, to be honest, I thought that we were in for another one of "those" seasons. We had been getting killed for 7 consecutive quarters of football, really showing no spirit or excitement. They looked absolutely overmatched in every way by the Pats and Ravens.

Then, Kellen Clemens leads his team to an improbable comeback in his very first NFL start. He hit J-Mac in the hands twice and Coles once (although it was a really low throw) any of which would have tied up the game if they were caught.

On top of that, the Patriots made the Chargers, a 13 win team from last season, look just as bad as they made us look.

I was on the edge, about to write off this season as another rebuilding year. I understand they were playing 2 of the best teams, but we were just getting destroyed. But now.... now they at least gave me some hope that we still may find a decent season ahead of us.

We have Miami, Buffalo, and the Giants coming up. All 3 are winnable games. Lets get behind our team. They can still do it!

2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Clemens just needed to get warmed-up. In the first have he was shakey, but he looked much more comfortable in the second half.

3. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

0-2 was to be expected, KC, CP, Dan Marino, whomever was playing QB it would not have mattered. After seeing what the Pats did to the Chargers who have WAY more talent than us and to see how we hung in there with a weakened Ravens team, maybe things are not as bad as they seem. Two top notch defenses will make your offense look like shit, no doubt about that. Signal stealing and all :grin: Your right, we have 3 very winnable games upcoming, let's see what we can do against teams we should beat.

4. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Hell yeah, I love these positive threads! Even though my beloved Green lost yesterday, I had an absolute blast watching this game! And it's not even because of the prospect of KC. Here's some things I loved about the game:
    Did anybody else notice how well our O-line picked up those exotic blitzes in the fourth quarter?
    How about "the revolving door" Adrien Clarke making a heads-up football play and diving on that Thomas Jones fumble to keep the drive alive?
    Our D smothering Baltimore in the fourth quarter (Not to mention starting the day with two three-and-outs).
    Kenyon Coleman is going to prove to be a valuable run-stuffer (remember what Willis used to do to us Buffalo?)
    Coach Westhoff back on the sidelines! (I knew that would happen!)
    COTCHERY!

Can we get some positivity up here in theganggreen?! GO JETS!!
    I LOVE THIS TEAM!

5. Denny

Denny Active Member

That's funny. I thought the same thing yesterday. The whole game was unbelievably boring as the Raven slowly pulled away and then our hero Cotch was getting open or was it Kellen started to get rid of the ball and all of a sudden they're driving to tie the game and the defense was getting stops. If LC cathes that low pass, which did hit him in the hands, theoretically there was plenty of time at that point to get the stop and drive for a field goal. To be honest I was watching in dis-belief right till the end. The JETS always do that. Remarkable.

Needless to say I threw my hat on the floor after McCrerins let that pass through in the endzone but then there was the onside try. Just crazy.

I don't know what to make of this team. They're not sure shot world beaters but they're not bottom of the barrell either.

I think our recievers aren't used to ball thrown on a line.

I agree with poppa. Might be a surprise again.

6. CYensePHIction

Yeah I agree, our team came alive in the 4th quarter and almost made me feel ok about the loss.... almost

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

It's a long year, we also started 0-2 in 1998, ironically after a loss to the Ravens. I think New England will make everyone look bad this year, not just us. At Baltimore with our backup QB making his debut was a tough spot and we still nearly got it to OT at least. The next three opponents are all 0-2, you can't give up on the season just yet.

8. tangini_disciple

tangini_disciple New Member

This team has a ton of upside. Hopefully, this game was to this year what the cleveland game was to us last year. I really like KC, though the receivers didn't seem used to his fastballs.

9. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Id love to join in on the Love fest but I suffer really badly after losses like this , I shy away from football for the entire week . Monday roll around and I do my Game clips and then I wait for the next one. I saw a Quarter back that is ready to take over for Chad ; Why no call a run all the way down there ,at least one ! I also didint enjoy seeing the occasional Camera feed of Chad with his Helmet on like he was ready to go in at any minuet. I did enjoy the game ! The out come is my undoing.

10. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Yeah – honestly I had planned opening up 0 – 2 and hoped that we could get to 3 – 2 by game five…but the Bills and Phins are never gimmies. I still feel pretty good that we can win the next three.

If we stumble in two of the next three…I’d expect it to be KC time which will make an otherwise wasted season somewhat fun to watch.