this team is awful and this week unprepared

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Sep 30, 2007.

1. We're facing basically a 2nd string defense, and an offense that could do very little w/ it's 1st string QB nevermind with a rookie second stringer. The Bills have all the momentum and SHOULD be winning this game by a wide margin.If not for acouple well timed sacks and turnovers...we'd be down at least 14 right now.

Defensively, 3-4 or 4-3 we cannot get any pressure on the QB..and it seems like no matter who we put in we cannot stop the power running game consistently. And that's just in the front 7. The secondary STILL plays way too far of the recievers, and always seems a step behind(than again w/ the lack of pressure...we're only seeing the tail end of about 7 seconds of covering). Where is the playmaker we saw in Rhodes from last year?? Maybe he hasnt been bad...but he hasnt been good either. Major personell moves need to be made on defense....including quite possibly the DC.

Offensively, It seems like we COULD move the ball if we really wanted to...but keep having foolish penalties(Delay of games, holding calls, etc) and mental mistakes( Clement's pathetic pass blocking on the Kelsay sack). Cotchery and Coles continue to be extremely dependable, while TJ truly is a very good running back and will make a few big plays for us this year. However, we are still held back by inconsistent play from the right side of the line and Chad's lack of arm strength. Today is a day where arm strength would make a huge difference. We give ourselves a severe handicap against a very short-manned defense...giving them a chance to crowd in the LOS and cover up their talent deficiency.

I see a lack of focus today. Bigtime. Costly penalties...horrid defensive play and mental mistakes on offense. Depending on how the team responds in the 2nd half..this maybe the first time in a long time, I question the head coaching job for the given week.

2. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

cant say shit about the secondary because there is no real data

the opposing QB has way too much time to make analyzing the secondary relevant

3. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Just watch , you don't need data. Its bad.

Underprepared with a capital U

4. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

That was a great 2 minute drill by Chad. What did we get 4 yards a clip?

Bench this overrated loser.

5. gustoonarmy

Ouch , succinct. If this organisation is to move on and KC is apparentley the future , why not keep at the end product?

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

When Chad is really pissed off he stops checking down and moves the Jets. That's exactly what happened in the first game when he came back in and took them downfield in 2 and a half minutes flat.

Most of the time he just takes what the defense gives him and so he's at the mercy of a good defense which gives him nothing to work with.

7. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

The way I figure, if this team is a 7 or 8 win team, which they appear to be, what is the point of sticking with Chad at this point? It's not like we're going to make a Super Bowl push this year.

8. gustoonarmy

I couldn't agree more. The old timers on this site have been saying this for some time , hey I'm an old timer too :eek:hmy:

9. CP+SM=TD

CP+SM=TD New Member

Whats the point of bashing chad. hes done nothing wrong. the blame this game is on our defense who cant seem to do anything. weve gotten lucky with a couple of turnovers but we can stop the bills offense which has been nothing to speak of this season. Until we can learn to rush the passer and cover the wideouts it doesnt matter who our quarterback is

10. gustoonarmy

No he hasn't done anything except take us as far as he can. AND yes the D is complete shite.

edit; he just got picked. I reckon that just cost us the W

11. This team is gonna win 4 games at best. We're 5 years away from contending if everything goes right...which w/ this franchie..is doubtful

12. CP+SM=TD

CP+SM=TD New Member

i take back my previous statement

13. It's time to accept that we are an awful team and give KC the reigns.

14. gustoonarmy

..............and go back to 4-3 unless we can pick up an entire 3-4 D

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Agreed. Jets suck.

16. gustoonarmy

wait....is that footballhottie I can hear?

17. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

im about ready to fire up halo 3....this is just painful to watch. trent green was made to look like an actual QB last week, and now trent edwards looks like a pro bowler....i guess bill walsh was right about him....

i dont know if im just a masochist or what. its now 17-7 and i cant change the channel yet...

18. gustoonarmy

I just don't get it , I beat the Bills 36-3 on madden

19. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

just my 2 cents...kellen clemens needs to start next week. we need to see what we have.

btw that play by mcgee was insane. good defense. why are they throwing to jmac?

20. gustoonarmy

I don't think this is the last we are going to see this team make other shite teams look like SB contenders.
    And now the Bills D plays bend don't break which will pad Chads stats nicely.