Things to consider - bye week and forward

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by theBidet, Nov 2, 2009.

1. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

i don't create many threads, and that partly bc i realize my thoughts have probably been said before, and partly bc i'm not one to draw unnecessary attention towards myself in a serious debate. I also realize this is my first season on this board, as i joined in the offseason; and therefore, am something of a noob. with that out of the way it needs to be said that the fan base that posts here, not all obviously, need to stop drinking the kool-aid. the threads that pollute this place post loss are hilarious and sickening at the same time. did you all seriously think we were gonna win the SB in the offseason with a rookie HC and rookie QB? this season is about continuity and progression. i mean, its like if we don't go 16-0, SOJ! you don't bench sanchez this season at all. period. i don't care if he throws 20 interceptions in one game. he's the starter the week following. end of discussion. he's the future of this franchise, and until he starts looking like jamarcus russell, he's the starter. if oyu can't deal with that, i don't know what to tell ya. he's a rookie, he's gonna have his ups and downs. same thing goes for rex.

ok, rant aside... here's the positives. it looks like sanchez is able to rebound fairly well. he's had his bad weeks/games/halves/quarters and is able to bounce back and be the leader we need. that is flippin' awesome, if you're a true jets fan. a franchise QB allows you to compete for years. ask indy and NE on that one. our D, is capable of being dominant. that's great, and shouldn't need explaining. hell we lost the best player on D and we seem to be doing alright. we're 4-4, a 500 team going into the bye week. yes everyone of us would like it to be better, but really, its not that bad.

so, i may be a "homer"... i may be thinking positive... but this "soj" crap isn't soj... its the same ol jets fans. thats all on you.

flame on if you must.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

No flames, you put it very well.

The thing I am considering going into the bye week is that I'm looking forward to not having the Jets play next week. First time since 1996 for me.

3. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

The Jets should have passed a lot more in the first half. One of the worst pass defenses with two rookie CB's against JC and BE? Its not brain surgery.

4. Clown

Clown New Member

Things to consider - bye week and forward....

1.WIN
    2.WINS

3. WINNING

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets passed the ball 18 times and ran it 18 times in the first half. They got 3 points out of that.

The Jets should have run the ball 25+ times and only passed when they had too, and sometimes run then anyway.

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

That's what I was screaming all game.

They couldn't the girl with a flu shot!!

OP is 100% right, the SOJ is a fan driven term and really needs to end. I do realize that many of the SOJ fans love to drown in misery but this team is different.

I wonder if we ever do win the SB what these SOJ fans will post about? Thr might expect one every year then and our very first loss the following season there will be a hundred threads, "still the SOJ's".

It sickens me too-