These posts and threads are getting ridiculous,.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets_fan_in_fishtown, Oct 3, 2011.

1. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

how about everyone calm down. i want to bash my head against the keyboard reading this bullshit.

Both precedent and current performance has shown us the following.

1.) Sanchez is still a good QB. good enough QB to win games for us when he actually has time and isn't put in shitty situations (i.e. by penalities or playcalling). He's made some bad decisions (pick in raiders game), but today wasn't his fault minus a play here or there. The pick 6 they let suggs run in free.

2.) Schotty sucks. most fans always blame the OC no matter what team they root for, and in the past people would sometimes blame schotty for stuff he couldn't control, but he's beyond defending at this point. His inconsistency, predictably and general lack of adjustments in most games is really becoming his trademark.

3.) Our defense is still good and isn't going to be our problem. they played well today minus the one TD drive, and the ravens had good field position on that one

4.) Yes, mangold is THAT important to our line. He's literally the glue and the braintrust of the O-line. Just rewatch the last two games and see how much of the pressure is from not calling the protection properly at the line.

Undrafted free agent rookie center who barely knows our system.
    Anyone of us who ridiculously were optimistic that he would at least be "ok" (i'm not gonna lie, i did) shouldn't be surprised when they reread the previous sentence. The two most important positions on an oline.....LT and C.

5.) Our line will be better when Mangold comes back. Remember, we have 4 of 5 starters from last year. Hunter was AWFUL in the first two games, and really was the sole reason our line looked shaky especially in pass protection. he's actually improved a little but it's so hard to tell because of how bad the line has looked overall.

2. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Stop being reasonable. We don't do that here.

3. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

How is this post different from any others? The only difference is that your ripping the OC instead of Sanchez. Id say its 50/50 between the Board ripping Schotty or Sanchez.

I love everybody telling me that unless you played football you can't relate to Mark Sanchez. Who here was an offensive coordinator any level? The blame could go fairly to either, but the QB play is inherently more evident because its so concrete. I see it on my screen. I've watched football before. Does the OC suck? Maybe. Does the QB suck? Maybe.

Its fair to question both of them right now. We also need to give both of them more time before making terminal decisions on whether or not they are good. Either way its ok not to be happy.

My personal opinion about TODAYS game, and today only is that the QB did not play well and I thought the OC called a decent game, considering the o-line situation. Everybodys got opinions however, and you know how that one goes.

#3 rohirrim665, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  4. jets_fan_in_fishtown

maybe you can learn to read properly tomorrow

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I agree he's good enough when he has time. But a QB should be able to survive when conditions aren't perfect. He wasn't very good for 2 years during the regular season despite a great OL, a very good running game, and good weapons, at least last year. When the offense is falling apart, Sanchez can't rescue it.
    Agreed. Sick of him. Offensive coordinators always get more blame than they deserve, but we've never once had a good offense with Schotty. Time to go.
    Agreed. The defense isn't perfect, but I'd still call it a top 5 defense.
    Mangold is that important. But good teams have depth where they can survive injuries. This was a terrible matchup without Mangold. That's for sure. But we have no depth, not on offense, not on defense, not anywhere.

5.) Our line will be better when Mangold comes back. Remember, we have 4 of 5 starters from last year. Hunter was AWFUL in the first two games, and really was the sole reason our line looked shaky especially in pass protection. he's actually improved a little but it's so hard to tell because of how bad the line has looked overall.[/QUOTE]

4/5 starters back from last year is all well and good, but they sure didn't play like it early. Will they figure it out? I hope so. But probably not before we blow our chances at a division title. Which could very well happen the next 3 weeks.

6. m0nk3y

m0nk3y New Member

agree 100%.

7. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

Mangold is a big part of our offense, but they should have some way to hold it together for a game. The Steelers lost Pouncey in the 1st series or 2 of the AFCCG and still tore us up on the ground. We need a competent backup and thats what we lost in Turner and Hunter being promoted to a full time starter. Its sad to say but even 300 pound Bryant Mckinnie would have been a better choice than throwing 20 million at Hunter.

Ill give you that some of these posts are absolutely absurd, but some of them carry some weight. Take away some of the raw emotion of our fellow jets fans and some posters bring up valid points, weather you agree or not is your own opinion

8. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

"These threads and posts are getting ridiculous, here is my opinion according to fact."

9. jets_fan_in_fishtown

They only played as an in tact unit for 5 quarters. so it's hard to say how good/bad they really are.

In the 2nd half of the dallas game, the pass protection was considerably better after the awful first half. Run blocking was still meh.

the depth however, is a problem. our starting unit is still one of the better o lines in the league, but if any one of them goes down we're screwed without rob turner

10. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I fixed it for you.

11. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

One bad game and Sanchez sucks. Where were these threads bashing him when he was having some good games?

12. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

ONE BAD GAME? lol come back and talk to me when he DONT throw a pick in a game.

13. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'm really close to saying "What good games?" but I won't.

He's had games where he's played well, particularly in the playoffs. But I can't think of too many games, if any, where he's the reason we won.

14. jets_fan_in_fishtown

he didn't for the first 1/3rd of the season last year.

15. Calikid

Calikid New Member

I agree with you on your starters. However, that's how Rex has built the Jets.

16. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

He had a good game last night when I used him in Madden 12, does that count?

17. jets_fan_in_fishtown

how about all the 4th quarter comebacks last year?

18. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Now I know why it's so hard to reach 3 consecutive AFC Championship games.

19. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

C'mon. He's never had a good game?

20. jets_fan_in_fishtown

I dont follow eyedea's posts, but by this snippet and some of the threads i recall about him i'm guessing he's generally this shitty of a poster

maybe puck/ignatius/abyzmul/iata can chime in