The Ukrainian situation

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by typeOnegative13NY, Feb 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

No, you elected a Castro/ CCP supporter. This is from his mouth, not mine. And nobody here is irked by Canada, trust me. No disrespect, but Americans spend zero time thinking of Canada. Most Canadians I know, follow American news more closely than their own. Anyway, hopefully you won’t elect another black face commie

2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I literally feel myself getting dumber reading this guy's posts.

papapump likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

1 - I think you are taking it to the extreme of feeling as though you speak for every Canadian in the country and I don’t think what you represent is entirely true. I work for a global company and interact with our Canadian branch a lot. Politics are not often discussed but off the cuff comments indicate to me that they don’t all align with how you say all Canadians feel. And these are directors not low wage workers from Quebec to Alberta. I’ll give y’all a compliment though - the folks in Alberta are a combination of the coolest and most reasonable people I’ve ever met.

2 - Any one who makes comments glorifying Fidel Castro is delusional. You need to read his comments about him a little bit deeper if you haven’t. My former bosses wife and her entire family lineage was from Cuba. And her entire side of the family rejoiced with tears of joy when he died and were disgusted at attempts by American positivity towards him by politicians like Bernie Sanders.

3 - Canada does not have the racial tension and deeply divided thoughts on police as America does. Those tensions reached a boiling point in the summer of 2020 here that lead to rioting and inner city destruction under the guise of “protests” that were left largely unchecked in liberal cities. They were not all too different from how you feel about the stupid “freedom” convoys which is why American conservatives have an opinion on the treatment of such “protests.” It’s a terrible job by American conservatives to conflate the two things since Canada did not have things like the liberal BLM riots and such to the extent that America did.

In closing, I think both different sets of protests were fucking stupid and rather ignorant of reality. The right to protest is important but I can’t help but shake my head when it’s about dumbfuck things that don’t align with reality. Example - applause from people rallying for the Ukrainian people to ensure their local governments around the world support them while I shake my fucking head at “Freedom Convoys.”

#563 Jonathan_Vilma, Feb 26, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    DetroitRed and typeOnegative13NY like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Attack the idea, not the messenger. He’s not wrong about Trudeau in his sympathizing for the dictator that was Fidel Castro. And the Canadian government has no issue posting it as his official statement and stance.

https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/statements/2016/11/26/statement-prime-minister-canada-death-former-cuban-president-fidel

He’s
    made more comments like that along the way that I don’t care to dig up right now. Is this any different than glorifying Saddam Hussein? Idunno, maybe Castro was a little better but he was also a giant piece of shit that people shouldn’t speak nicely of period.

5. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

He enjoys the flexibility of a dictatorship. That’s perfectly in sync with using war powers against his people. Dude is dangerous. My opinion, but I’d be in deep trouble for that , if he had his way

6. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

At least you bring good point and topic not just hearsay from right wing American Media.

1- Alberta and Saskatchewan is the most conservative province by far. They do not like liberal politics and they align a lot more than conventional american belief, less government involvement is better. Most people that support the Freedom convoy are from Alberta for the record. They massively support the conservative party and are the most frustrated by Trudeau (never liked him and never will)

2- The fidel castro comment is/was bad, I aknowledge that. Also, for the record I believe Trudeau is dumb, immature and a bad leader but that being said (and more importantly) we always have to differentiate the party from the individuals. The liberal party of Canada is not Trudeau. That being said, historically, the liberals used to be Center (Left leaning in term of social issue but Right leaning more conservative in term of balancing budget and focused on economical growth). Now they are leaning more left and have not balanced their bugdet in like forever.

3- Like any nation we are divided on many things, the freedom convoy are feeded mostly by right wing american (and funded too), they have similar belief to QAnon in the USA and believe that we moving nearer a full control from the state to our private life and they truly believe that we are lied to and we are controlled by a few elite.

I would say, canadian in general contrary to american have strong belief in institution and science. They are human though and they do not like the constant flip flopping of mandate policies regarding covid.

The problem I see with this convoy is that it was clearly aimed to disrupt our elected official and force the government to resign. Which is fine, we are in a democracy, not everybody is always satisfied and we are free to voice our concerns and protest. The problem was that there was no significant demand except we want Trudeau out no mater what which is usually done in an election and not by occupy the street or take a whole city under siege. This is where it turned wrong and the government used the emergency act to remove the protester. Does it look bad democratically? yes but at the same there were no dialogue or direct demand. That being said, it did serve a purpose in the end as it exposed Trudeau as a weak leader.

In the end, I understand this is an Ukrainian discussion and that the whole dialogue has been hijacked so I will refrain to comment about Canada.

My final take, I am glad if American do not care about Canadians. It is better that way as it used to be, I just did not like our we were portrayed by american media, like we were under a dictatorial government and that we have no freedom.

#566 Kryoptix, Feb 26, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  7. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

That is old as he mentioned Harper, but that is actually a comment I dfefinately see Trump say. It was not really a support of China but more of the fact they have no opposition to their decision and they can do whatever they want in record time.

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Thank you for RUSH.

Ptflea2, bicketybam, Kryoptix and 3 others like this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

...wtf is this?

[​IMG]

10. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

What’s going on there? They look like prop guns

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It must be a training exercise or something... I hope.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Wrong. They had no real guns left to give so they’re gonna beat some Russian ass with wooden gun cutouts.

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Wow, I can't believe some of things I've been reading this morning. Putin really was convinced this was gonna be a cake walk. Ukraine is giving him Hell. Ukraine took out an entire Chechen convoy that was sent to assassinate President Zelensky and they killed Putin's brutal Chechen right hand man, General Magomed Tushaev. Somehow the Ukranian's got a hold of the intelligence.

https://www.wionews.com/world/ukrai...hechen-special-forces-sent-to-zelensky-457107

https://www.ibtimes.co.in/ukraine-w...es-sent-assassinate-president-zelensky-846117

Get your articles while they're hot. They keep "mysteriously" disappearing. Color me absolutely amazed if the decision to invade ultimately becomes Putin's undoing. Supposedly Putin is "raging" right now.

EDIT: Ha, speak of the devil. One of the articles "mysteriously" disappeared. I had to post a different one.

#573 jetophile, Feb 27, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
  14. jetophile

More:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/putin-furious-ukraine-invasion-easy-eu-riho-terras-intel

There are also reports that the news of sanctions has made it to the Russian general public and they're swarming the banks to withdraw their money. There are people who are already drawing parallels between Ukraine vs. Russia and the scrub Americans vs. the British. Whatever the outcome I think that Putin has been completely blindsided.

Much respect to Ukraine. Damn.

15. jetophile

I've been over Castro - in depth - in the past. Pointing at the U.S.'s overt exploitation of Cuba's natural resources as well as what basically constituted slave labor somehow glosses over the monster Castro was and immortalizes him as a bastion of human rights and a liberator. See how I laugh. It's blatantly false and revisionist history at its finest. Or should I say worst. It's a very complicated subject, but Castro, as you said, was a giant POS. My posts on the matter are on here somewhere if you have nothing better to do.

I'm not the chest-thumping sort, but on Castro? I'm right. About all of it.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

wait a second there

typeOnegative13NY and jetophile like this.
  17. jetophile

I can't stand Elon Musk. He's an egotistal immature baby and it's always about him (see Thailand Cave Rescue, the 4-year anniversary coincidentally was yesterday). If anyone remembers, Musk pitched a hissy fit when professional divers told him his shitty submarine invention wasn't going to work. There was no way it could navigate some of the twists and turns that were in there and now wasn't the time, human intervention was the only way.

Well, he didn't like that, so after the rescue (a miracle, really) he turned around in a boorish self-important display of sour grapes and called one of the badass British divers a pedo. After all, it was the only reason the guy was in Thailand. Way to go, a-hole. The diver sued him for defamation. I don't know what happened with it, but haha.

So anyway, speaking of rescues, Elon Musk to the rescue! Again! He is certainly doing a good thing here, but don't anyone ever think this move has nothing to do with self-aggrandizement and shameless self-promotion/I am the world's hero, bow before me. Because it does have to do with it:

https://www.msn.com/en-za/news/othe...-billionaire-enters-ukraine-battle/ar-AAUn0Tv

Thanks, a bunch Elon . . . but you're still an a-hole.

18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Yes, training exercise. They didn't get much training but I am guessing they didn't want them mistakenly shooting a bunch of their own because they didn't know what they were doing.

19. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

#579 SOXXX2, Feb 27, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
  20. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Antonov An-225 "Mriya", the largest airplane in the world, was destroyed earlier today by a Russian airstrike. There was only one ever made...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.