The time is right for McNabb

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JUNJOBX2199, Jan 26, 2009.

1. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I have been seeing reports that McNabb is not happy in Philly and recently the fans set fire to his lawn. I have mentioned his name many times during what do we do after Chad threads and I feel this would be an ideal match up. We would gain someone who will be here with a defined term and wont hold our franchise hostage while we all wait to see if he or will he (Farve).

No one can say McNabb doesn?t have the tools and will be a waste. I know he goes through his funks, but always seems to come out the other side as a better player then he was at the beginning of the year. We can make this happen and I?m sure Tanny will be able to put together something that won?t upset the cap and allow us to venture into the free agent market for a Wide receiver.

I know New York fans are tough to please, but I don?t think we would set a guys lawn on fire with our displeasure. McNabb would be an immediate locker room hero and would meld well into our cast of characters. No separate office would be requested and no down time in transitioning him would be needed. Please take into consideration that Farve is playing us right now into making a move and I?m sure we aren?t going to budge.

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

The same McNabb who didn't know about the "tie-game rule" in the NFL. No thanks.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

It was the Arizona fans who torched his lawn at his home in Arizona not Philadelphia

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

No, No, No, No, No, NO, NO, NO!!!

5. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

We are in salary cap hell right now, even if we wanted McNabb. \

I think we are stuck with Favre, as much as I hate the idea. Even if Favre quits, no way does Ryan go out and get a McNabb. This offesne will be a boring run oriented one. That doesn't require a great QB, just a game manager.

6. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

the same mcnabb that could never win the big game?? no thanks.

7. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

If the offense ends up being a run-oriented one that just needs a game-manager at QB, I really think we should see what we have on our team already. At some point, you have to give your players a shot. Maybe Ratliffe is the answer, who knows? Maybe Clemens could be a decent QB with an improved OL. Let's take the cap savings on not having a big FA QB and try a younger player.

8. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Absolutely NOT ....

9. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

ok whats the big hate on Mcnabb for? he is a better QB than whats on the roster, including favre. The people complaining he never won the big game, well Name me a Jets QB since Namath who's won the big game? Hell Name me 1 who has been to multiple AFC championship games? I would be happy as can be if Mcnabb came here and took us to a championship game! Jesus you guys have your priorities backwards. to break through to the superbowl, you have to get to the AFCCG we havent been there since 98, and havent been to the superbowl for 41 years! Hell we havent even been in the divisional round since 04. How about we go get a guy who will get us that far? Hell look at it this way. Most guys only get there once or maybe twice. Mcnabb has been there plenty of times, but he hasnt gotten the breaks, the guy is due for a lucky break in a championship game that will get him through.

No reason to hate on brining in Mcnabb. You wouldnt catch me complaining if he was here. But I would prefer to let the guys on our roster battle it out.

10. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I just have a problem with the potential of what’s on the roster. No matter what we will seek a veteran to have on the roster and if we don’t, then oopps big problem already for the new coaching staff. Of course this is contingent on whether Farve remains with the team and earns what 13 million (will he re-work it?). I also have this problem with the Ratliff lovers. What have you seen him do other then two bombs to the 5th receiver on the team in a pre-season game? Clemens showed some flashes, but ultimately succumbed to happy feet with the lack of protection and as we saw last year not even the amazing Brett Farve was immune to poor decision making with no time. Why the hell not! What do we have to loose. If we go small with the guys already on the roster, then we are hit or miss anyway and I can just imagine the threads after one or two disastrous games and the call for Ratliff, who then comes in and fails as well.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

McNabb is not what this team needs.

12. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I don't hate him, I just think he seems to always come up short when he needs to come up big. I also think he made a fool of himself when he didn't know the overtime rules. Puking in the huddle in the Super Bowl... is that what you want in a QB in a big spot? The guy also seems to like all the drama. I just don't see him a a leader of men on a football field.

Besides, this is Madden game thinking... we don't have the cap space for him in any case. Moot point, pointless debate. Favre is still here until proven otherwise.

13. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Serious! What do we need at Quarter back position?

14. Quack

Quack New Member

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showpost.php?p=1102396&postcount=41

I'm tired of repeating myself.

Clemens, against the same competition, played like shit. When you say that Ratliff's success against second and third stringers is irrelevant, it should mean that Clemens' failure against those same second and third stringers should be that much more indicative of his inability to lead the team. Instead, people use one argument to condemn one player, ignoring the affects of that argument on the player they support, then go out looking for information that will support their player, like the lack of help he received in 2007.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showpost.php?p=1123511&postcount=128

Ever so tired of repeating myself.

Am I slamming my head against a wall or something?

15. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

The time is absolutely 100% not right for McNabb.

16. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

See: Brett Farve ,Chad Pennington, Payton manning (Until he finally got by),Matt hassel back , Jake dellomne.........And so on and so on.

As for the puking . Id rather My Quarter back puke all over the center then not play in the most important game of his career . Or we could look at John Abraham not playing in a playoff game because he has a tummy ache. The drama you speak of was presipitated by T.O. and Mcnabb responses were all under control rrather the T.O.'s while doing crunches in his driveway.

17. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Im not saying he a waste , Im just pointing out he's as much of a toss up as Clemens.

#17 JUNJOBX2199, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Arizona fans lit McNabb's lawn on fire after a barrage of pranks against the Philly QB.

Jesus, it's Favre.

19. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Thank for the correction , my friend passed that info off to me.

20. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

McNabb is not the answer. Too old, and too expensive.

I want a QB that is bred as a Jet. I do not want to bring in somebody from the outside. I thin k we have to get away from the "win now team" stuff and start evaluating what we have and what is available in the draft.