The teams we need to root for this weekend

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by southparkfanciz, Nov 7, 2009.

1. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Raven and Bengals=We need Cin to win because I think they have the best chance of either winning the division or one of the wildcard spots. If Bal falls, they will have the same record as us which is always a good sign.

Texans and Colts=Colts all the way. The more wins for Manning, the more of a chance he won't play in our week 16 matchup.

Cheifs and Jaguars= Jags on this one, because we do not need the Jags on a losing streak coming into our game(knowing us we'd might blow it).

Fagphins and the Brady Bunch=Gotta go with the Pats. I think we've already gone over this too....

Chargers and the Giants=Giants easily. Take out the Chargers, because they're defenitly going to be fighting for that final wildcard spot in December(unless Denver blows it again).

Denver and the Steelers=Denver. Steelers=we don't want to get in!!!!

2. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

For me it will be the Giants even though they suck right now, but i'm a new yorker so.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I like your thought process as a fan, but the Jets are not going anywhere it seems.

4. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

We need Houston and Cincy to lose most of all.

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I will never root for the Dolphins or the Patriots, I hope the league find pounds upon pounds of heroin in their locker rooms and are exiled from the league

6. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Totally incorrect. You actually want Cincinatti to win because we play them head to head and would give us a better shot of making the playoffs.

Also, we actually want Miami to beat NE this weekend.

7. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Im probably the only one that isnt so interested in making the playoffs. lol

I want to see the team grow and play well. But i also hope for a high draft pick so we can (SHOCKER) trade back and stock pile picks for depth. A huge concern. None of the win now shit, thanks.

8. Kenny

Kenny New Member

huh what fan says they dont want to make the playoffs.. yeah lets go 7-9 and move up 5 spots in the draft big deal...

9. Kenny

Kenny New Member

I agree with these

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I have a weird feeling about the Jets in the 2nd half. I think we are are going to go on a run, maybe it's just me being optimistic but I think we are going to go on a nice run these last 8 games.

11. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

So your a fan who doesn't root for their team to make the playoffs? That makes no sense and don't give me any of this rebuilding and getting better draft picks crap. Moving up a few spots in the draft is not worth any amount of losing. I understand wanting the team to grow and play well but don't you want that to lead to winning?

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

its the "Champ philosophy"

you're not winning the SB so get the better draft pick and make the team stronger. I get that thought process.

but it would be nice for the rookie HC/QB to get to january just to get a feel for it.

I can see Rex as being so fiery and motivational in the post season that the Jets would be an extremely difficult team to write off. But this isn't the year for that.

13. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Yeah, I understand the philosophy but I don't really get how people can buy into it when there is still a chance to make the playoffs. I think creating a culture of winning and the team generating confidence is infinitely more important than a few spots in the draft.

I hate the term rebuilding because I feel like it takes away any hope or aspirations of winning in the present. As fans, the reason we watch the game is to see our team win and I don't think anybody can argue that. We don't make personnel decisions and therefore we don't have any control over what this team does during their "rebuilding" phase. The only thing we can do is sit back, watch the games, and hope they come away with some wins.

14. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Well I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sick and tired of watching football in January and the Jets not being on.

15. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

Gotta agree. Im a realist and know IF we make the playoffs, we will probably be 1 and done. But just 1 game in that type of atmosphere would be invaluable for them. Moving up in the draft 4, 5, or 6 spots is not nearly as appealing to me as watching us play in Jan.

16. Kenny

Kenny New Member

Oh so you thought the 9-7 Cards were going to the Sb last year? You get in and you never know

17. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I want my team to make the playoffs and grow. Its not good as fan to say you dont want your team to make it

18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

For us to be doing playoff scenario type stuff in early November is crazy. We need to win 6 to make into the playoffs in the AFC. I don't think we get it and prob go 8-8. Hopefully, we see a more consistant team for next year.

Also on another note, I hate people who root for the draft pick during MIDSEASON! Yeah I admit some years when the Jets have been shitty by week 15 or so I had hoped they would lose the rest of their games (whats the difference been 4-12 or 6-10 kinda stuff). But the seasons still alive and if all the pieces of the Jets team just played well together then I could see them winning 6. Thats a big IF however.

#18 Quinnenthebeast, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

where did that come from?

20. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I have a feeling it's going to take 11-5 to make the postseason this year - though I guess 10-6 could get us in if a whole bunch of other things work out right.

In any case, the whole scenario is too far ahead for me to think about rooting for any particular teams just because of how the wildcard might play out. I understand the thinking, but I'd rather just root for the Jets to go 12-4 and win the division - why not?