The Stephen Hill Pick Might Mean Tebowtime In A Cinema Near You...

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by BakerMaker, Apr 27, 2012.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

First things first....

1) Mel Kiper is an idiot. "He has 49 catches as a Yellow Jacket throughout". No shit sherlock....do you understand Paul Johnson(Formerly of Navy) runs a OPTION. Yes that means they run the ball first and foremost...you'd think Mel Kiper would even know this.

2) Stephen Hill is Demaryius Thomas 2.0....which may be scary good. Thomas has his big drops here and there but you talk about very similar players with the size, the blocking on the outside, the familiarity of a spread and the rawness. Thomas went in the 1st round when Hill could've been around that same area. I am a fan of the pick.

3) Like Josh McDaniels did when he took Thomas along with Tebow in round 1 of the 2010 draft, I truly feel that taking Stephen Hill is a clear signal that Tebow is being favored over Sanchez by Sparano and the FO. Doesn't mean Hill can't work with Sanchez but your talking about a physical WR who is used to the same type of play Tebow does and is an ideal WR for what Tebow truly likes to do.

Tebow and Stephen Hill could be a dynamic duo much like Tebow was with Thomas during that late run(Ask the Steelers about that). I just think that this pick is about as telling as ever that Tebow is very well going to come sooner than you think.

(Maybe this can be moved to Tebowmania I guess?)

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I concur on the probability that this was a Tebow pick.

3. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

What team wouldn't want a 6'4" WR who runs a sub-4.4 and has a lot of blocking experience, especially for a team who has no big WR and plans to run a run-heavy offense? I seriously doubt this has anything to do with Tebow.

4. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

See this is a smart answer.

I swear people just do not get football. Hill would help any team out. Especially one that needs a tall receiver who can stretch the field. Tebow is not going to be our QB, give it up.

5. tzinc

tzinc New Member

I posted a while back on a Tebow vs Sanchez draft.

Tebow = ground and pound = speed wr

Sanchez = more passing = all around wr type

next few picks will be very interesting

Tebow = ground and pound = NEED BETTER DEFENSE Hence DEFENSE in Round 1

6. tubby

tubby Active Member

Hill opens up the offense regardless of who is behind the center. This move can only help our running game and passing attack

7. BakerMaker

I said Hill can help out Sanchez in the initial post but I do think that taking a spread option based WR is something right up the alley for Tebow more than anything.

Its just the hunch I got when that pick happened. I am a huge fan of the draft pick and think its tremendous value.

8. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Do Tebow freaks not realize that we ran ground and pound for two years without him?

He didn't invent the thing...

9. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

So you are saying we are going to run the triple option? I think the pick has more to do with not being able to stretch the field.

10. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Sorry but come on! Are you serious? A Tebow pick? Fans and their message board theories are hilarious.

What about the fact that the guy is a 6'4 WR that can stretch the field much like Braylon did in his time here?

Maybe its a Sanchez pick?

We needed a big WR who can provide that deep threat and take the top off a defense. Stephen Hill could very well be that guy and this is why he was picked. He wasn't picked because of Tebow. He was picked to come here and be a productive football player, just like any draft pick.

11. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

Hahah are you kidding me! This is the worst analysis I have ever heard. Hill is actually an all around WR, speed, height and he can block.

Regardless of who is the QB you would want a better defense especially when your head coach is a Defensive mind. HENCE DEFENSE INT HE FIRST ROUND

12. BakerMaker

I am Pro Sanchez, not Pro Tebow.

Hill is a burner but so was Randle who wasn't picked....the guy is a hell of a blocker though which gives me the indication that Hill is right up Tebow and what Sparano will want to do's alley.

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I hope you understand how stupid everything you just said was. We have picked a defensive player round 1 3 years in a row now since we got Mark Sanchez.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez is not going to survive the fact that Tim Tebow is a huge name that a lot of people want to reach out and touch for good luck. It's just not going to happen.

The Jets Super Bowl chances kind of lie with Rex recreating something similar to the 2000 Ravens defense which can carry Tim Tebow past the great teams in the playoffs and then facing a team that is not great in the Super Bowl.

It could happen.

15. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

The problem is your too focused on the offense he played in as opposed to his skills and talent

16. BakerMaker

I compared him to D. Thomas who was a monster during Tebow's run...

I feel that Hill's familiarity with Paul Johnson's spread offense was a fairly big reason why Sparano was leading the way here(Along with it being a great value pick).

17. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

U people really don't know football.

18. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

Sanchez was at his best when we were ground and pound with Braylon being one of our best blockers. Hill is very comparable in skill set to Braylon. That is why he was brought in, you are right that he fits Sparano's system but it was not for Tebow. It was because that is how we will be successful with whoever is the QB

19. MURDR

MURDR Banned

I think this pick was for Sanchez, not Tebow.

20. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

Hill and Thomas went to same Uni

Tebow played with Thomas

This pick was made for Tim Tebow

Lol @ logic. Dude is beast end of story. Tebow will be keeping Sanchez's hotdog's warm on the sideline for years to come.