The Show 09

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Scikotic, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Who got it? I have the game and its pretty good. Much better then last year, with BP and practice modes. Online play allows concedes and friendly quits now. They still have some issues online that need to be ironed out. Cant hit and run and its a bit laggy. Nothing I didnt expect to see for the first couple of days. Same issue as last year.

2. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

I don't really play sports games online to much of a hassle, but I think its much better then last years.

Ive got to say Im a Yankees fan but the Mets easily have the better new stadium

3. Drew

Drew Active Member

I think the actually playing field type area looks better (except the layout of the outfield which is retarded)... but I think Yankee Stadium is just a better place. The seats, the concourse, etc.

I want to play this game so bad. I have 360 and picked up MLB 2k9... it's not even close to as good as the Show. It's fun, though.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Was the home run derby brought back?

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

No...still no HR Derby.

6. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Shit....didn't realize it was released...got to get it.

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Im 9-0 already. I guess I didnt miss a beat this offseason....

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

do i get it for PS3 to play on my 52 samsung which i have to battle 4 kids and a wife to play and im never home, or do i get it for my PSP which i can play all the time but has a 3" screen?

9. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

got if for both so I can play when I can't use the TV

10. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Road to the show is good so far. Playing as a SP for Texas and won 2 starts and pitched as relief for a few games at the beginning. The RF saved my ass by robbing a guy of a 2 run HR to end the inning.

11. Drew

Drew Active Member

What's your screename on PS3? I'm going to be at my friend's house on Saturday playing this shit up.

His screename is BurnyMack.

What team do you use?

12. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Im now 14-0. Im actually having a hard time finding people to play. I use the Yanks, and if people wont play me bc they wont play the Yanks (pussies), I'll roll with the Rays. I like their team in this game. Garza is the shit.

Scikotic1 is my username

13. Drew

Drew Active Member

Haha... those are the exact 2 teams I'd probably roll with 2. The Rays are nasty I would imagine... I use them in 2k9 and Shields is fucking insane.

14. Drew

Drew Active Member

Yo dude if you're still up for a game I'm going to be there tomorrow night rocking this shit. Do you know if you're gonna be online or not?

15. wildthing202

You guys would easily beat me if we ever played.

16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

probably late if at all...

17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

ugh, just lost my first game on a 3rd out swinging strike passed ball when he had a guy on 3rd.

18. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

What are the differences between 08 and 09. I played 09 once at a friends but it wasn't on hd and didn't see much of a difference. I will end up buying 09 at some point but I was wondering what kind of difference people see between the 2.

19. wildthing202

Didn't play '08 so I wouldn't know
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mlb_09_the_show

MLB 09: The Show improves and adds many features to the previous 08 edition.[3] The franchise and career modes are improved with Road to the Show 3.0, which updated popular mode with an all-new steal and lead-off system, and more interaction with the player's coaches; Franchise 2.0 adds several new features to its career mode including salary arbitration, waiver transactions, September call-ups, and the 40-man roster. Also receiving an update is the game's online league play, including flex scheduling to allow players to play out-of-order games, and Roster Vault option to allow gamers can create their own custom rosters and upload them online for other gamers to use. The game also allows gamers to store their favorite songs to their PlayStation 3 and assign them to be played at various points in the game, including a batter's walk-up animation. Players may also create custom taunts.[3]

Among the in-game improvements include "Hotshot Fielding", which allows more dynamic fielder reactions and animations, as well as improved bare-handed flips, "Progressive Batting Performance", in which player abilities improve or regress depending on how the gamer plays. With "Multi-Branch Fielding", players can now take full control of fielders and break out of any animation in the process, while "Adaptive Pitching Intelligence" (API) allow catchers to call the game based on individual strengths and weaknesses of each pitcher and analyze tendencies of batters. The game also accurately graphically reflects the pitch being thrown on the pitcher's hand, and includes 17 different pitch types including five fastball variations (four-seamer, two-seamer, cutter, splitter, sinker), five breaking pitches (10-4 curve, 12-6 curve, slider, slurve, screwball), four change-ups (straight, circle change-up, palmball, forkball), and three specialty pitches (knuckle, knuckle-curve, and the gyro). The "Pitch Command System" (PCS) affects a pitchers' abilities to throw a specific pitch change depending on how often the pitcher throws it. Umpire personalities have been tweaked further as well.[3]

The game also features pitch analysis, a breakdown of all the pitches thrown during the current game being played, which allows gamers to be able to sort a pitcher by LHB or RHB, pitch type and result. This feature is also available for batters, and the batter analysis allowed for a breakdown of how a batter had performed based on LHP or RHP, Pitch Type, and result. SportsConnect Online User Tracking (SCOUT) allows gamers to set their game preferences, store them on the server, and then allow the system to look for a Quick Match with an opponent that fits their criteria.[3]

The game also features live MLB updates in-game, as well as SportsConnect Headline News.[3] SportsConnect also gives weekly roster updates that can be downloaded on the PlayStation 3.

20. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

ugh...

the skid begins. 16-2 now.