The rest of the season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bleedgreen, Sep 15, 2024.

1. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

First game was first time starters played on both sides of ball. Against terrific team. They should have learned stuff from that game.. so this is the game to see what the team is really capable of.
    As long as AR is healthy, their offense will be ok. The defense has to show up every game. Last week they stunk. Can't sugar coat any part of it. So if the defense plays top 15 rest of season they will be ok. If they stink, season lost and Saleh gone fairly soon. Lets see how they play this game.

mezzavo and ouchy like this.
  2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I second this sentiment twice.

3. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Maybe a third if I had a chance

ouchy likes this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm back and fourth on this one.

ouchy likes this.
  5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Ok thanks for the update.

6. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

This aged well. They are an out and out disgrace.

jets_fan likes this.
  7. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I'll take a disgraced W at this point.

Baumeister likes this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The rest of the season is an absolute coin flip

hopefully by 29th when my son and I see the Denver game the Jets can have a decent record to sport

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  9. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Agreed. The selling of this roster as being “elite” over the past 2 seasons will go down as one of the greatest marketing tricks of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOJAZ and mezzavo like this.
  10. bleedgreen

I did not think the defense played well. There were some missed penalties and turnovers that will not happen that frequently. But this is just the opposite of what would have been a usual jet loss. Still.need the defense to get better. I hope JJ injury doesn't take Saleh off of hot seat

11. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Team moved on from Zach Wilson and is some how just as frustrating to watch this year (for different reasons).

I knew we were wasting that defense last couple seasons. As long as they stay healthy I think the offense can continue to gel and improve. Idk what the answer is on defense. Our strengths were suppose to be D line and secondary and neither seems that strong right now.

12. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

They didn't play well at all. They were a couple of boneheaded decisions by the opposing QB away from losing to the Titans. And the penalty problems from last year are definitely a thing this year as well. Once again, little to no discipline from this team.

SOJAZ and mezzavo like this.
  13. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Considering they were without DJ Reed, CJ Moseley and Jermaine Johnson the Jets defense really stepped up big in the second half.

Echols had a huge interception, Irv Charles on special teams with the monster blocked punt, Will McDonald with 3 sacks including the game saver with 29 seconds on the clock.

They are not an elite defense but the Jets held their own when it counted most.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  14. bleedgreen

Yes, you emphasize my point. It took some extraordinary, not often repeatable plays, to pull this out. They can't do that every week so the defense needs to be stronger throughout the entire game. They are capable of it, Just keep doing it.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yes but Tennessee had some extraordinary, not often repeatable plays of their own. The Ridley bomb TD was kind of a lucky toss up. And Levis' escaping the pocket for 2 big runs were lucky as well

LAJet likes this.
  16. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Incredible to say this, but the defensive line is now worse than the offensive line.

mezzavo likes this.
  17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well it’s interesting, because there’s also been plenty of posts in various threads about how we have always over-emphasized D over O, and how we should be OK with letting the defense take a few steps back in exchanges for improving our O, and specifically our OL. And now that we seem to be in that boat, it’s hard to watch because we’ve been used to seeing our D and especially our DL play much much better than they have in the first two weeks….

So if our OL can stay healthy, the expectation is that our O will continue to get better as we jell more, hopefully this two headed RB tandem can start to dominate, AR will stay healthy all year, Williams hopefully will come back and be the player he was at LA, etc.

We’ll see

But yeah, that D needs to play better than they have so far this year, and no joke, NE’s running game will be another big test…I’m already dreading seeing them just run run run down our throat for 7 minute drives all night…they are capable.

18. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

A majority of this board has been desperately clinging to unrealistic expectations from the moment Aaron Rodgers became a thing. And which for many of them will ultimately just prove to put an unnecessary damper on what should end up being a much more fun to watch season then we've had in a long while. There is literally ZERO chance of this year ending in a ring. Zero. We never were going to that level with this coaching staff makeup. BUT that back end playoff appearance spot CAN be on the table, and that alone *should* still be fun prospect.

Rest of season I generally still expect a lot of the typical Jets ups and down. More so for the people still clinging to the BS. This offense is going to have some frustrating days when it runs into better defenses, and our defense clearly isn't as good as it was 1/2 years ago.

That said we are currently 1-1, and with 2 upcoming games against an overachieving NE and a Bo Nix led Denver. Without making too much of it I'm pretty confident atm that we are walking out of that being 3-1. Talk to me again in 2 weeks how I feel about the Minny game immediately after that. Initially had that marked down as a decent W possibility too, but hard to maintain that in the current moment after watching them beat a SF team yesterday that just absolutely big leagued us last week.

ouchy likes this.
  19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

A change I would make is putting Isaiah Davis in as punt returner---X is average at best--he may break one every 2 seasons but I'll take 8-10 yards a pop with no unnecessary fair catches.

If you didn't watch pre-season you have no idea why I'm putting this out there lol--but Davis is very quick and Edelman-like in his punt returns. No nonsense, up the field, get the 8-10 yards.

20. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

Admittedly, I did bash tf out of them Sunday, but when they come back, make adjustments and pull out a gutsy win, they deserve the credit all the same. Another (big) problem for me is, I actually have not settled into the fact that AR is playing QB for us, and not ZW, Tim Boyle or whatever tf else we had back there over the last few years. This offense had not played at all together before SF. We are all so starved for a winner, I myself forgot it takes a bit of time for them to get in rhythm.

SOJAZ likes this.