The Perfect 2015 Jet Christmas Gift to TGG

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, Dec 23, 2015.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I have not felt this positive about beating the Pats this Sunday since I can't remember when.
    Playoff or not a victory against the division leaders would be a hell of a belated Christmas gift to all the Jets Fans, the players and the organization.

It could cap an exciting, at times bitter sweat season that in IMO has exceeded most of our expectations. It could signify a sign of good things to come, not to mention a huge ray of hope that we are still in the hunt.

This match is for all the marbles and could become a signature game for Bowles and his staff. As I see it we want this game to send a huge message to the AFC that we are no longer the doormat of the East, a team you can take lightly, nor the media circus that finds a way to embarrass themselves and the fans. We will remain close and fight to the end. Above all we want to be proud of this team by the effort on the field and the commitment of our players to be the best we can be.

As the time grows near, I want to extend my warmest wishes to the many great contributors to TGG for a healthy and joyful Holiday. It's being a blast exchanging our thoughts. May we play the best overall game of this season, from Defense to Offense to Special Teams. May the stadium rock like never before with Jets, Jets, Jets....from the first whistle to the last.
    And may the football Gods send Santa down to Metlife with a big W for the Jets.

#1 LAJet, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Remember to thank your ass for all the shit you put it through.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Preach, brother, PREACH!!! Well said.

Merry Christmas! Buon Natale! Feliz Navidad! Joyeux Noel! Fröhliche Weinachten!

Cman68 and nycarl like this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

And To ALL a Merry Xmas and to the Pats ..good night!

Endlessly Counting, Cman68 and LAJet like this.
  5. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

I felt pretty positive going into NE earlier this season , but I agree this is the most confident I've felt against the Pats since probably 2009.

We need to win this game. Pats dont really need to win it.

We are healthy. Pats arent for the most part.

Obviously they arent going to lay down. But I have a feeling if we are up going into the 4th , they arent going to go balls out just to keep us from the playoffs.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Probs to you for this thread, OP.

Belichick was cagey about whether he'd rest players for this game. Some of their key guys are at the point where they can play, but probably shouldn't if you're looking at it from a playoffs perspective. But on the other hand, winning this game would clinch home field advantage for them, so they do want to win it.

My guess is that they'll play all of their starters since they want to clinch home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

I'd give us maybe a 40% chance of winning because I'm skeptical about whether we can put up the 30 or so points we will need to win.

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to all our GG family!
    Let's beat the evil empire and ride the wave into Buffalo to finish out this season with pride!

TNJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The Perfect Jet Chrisstmas would have been locking up a Wild Card spot last week(If it was possible).Instead we get the obvious gift of "11-5 might not get us in".I'm still enjoying last years gift of Idzik being fired

9. NYJetsO12

We wont need 30 I believe. Defensively, last game we had alot of players out including Pryor who now has to disrupt Gronk. Conversely, they have less weapons on Offense eg Edelman/Amendola. The Jets are hot winning with 100s of yards a game over the last 3. We are at full strength

You might argue the Pacheaters have a 40% chance of winning

10. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Wondering what screwy, jacked up thing belicheat will do when they are down by 2 scores late in the game...

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I have a feeling a game ball will go to Chan Gailey for devising the best offensive game of the season. Hope we start out strong on both sides of the ball.
    My got tells me Pryor and Powell will be MVPs of the game.
    If we beat the Pats, the Bengals would be pretty energized to get a shot at home field advantage. Monday would be a fun way to cap a great week.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Special teams trickery, reverses on offense. What ever our weakness are, the bastard will exploit

13. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

A very Merry Christmas to everyone !!! enjoy the day.

14. jxc

jxc Active Member

Whatever you do, don't look up Gailey and Fitzmagic's record against the Pats.

It's time for change!

15. NYJetsO12

Cant sleep...Chamomile tea works wonders they say.

Sat morning an hour away. Gotta distract myself with errands : Bank, Dry Cleaning..Suntan Lotion with this schizoid weather lol. No Xmas sweaters till next weekend so it seems

they predicting 71 degrees Sunday SMH

16. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

I hope so! But Tom Brady rarely has a bad game no matter who's injured. If Amendola and Edelman are truly out, then the Jets should have the edge at home. Hopefully Gronk will be in double coverage the whole game and hopefully we can get pressure with minimal blitzing.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. NYJetsO12

New England Patriots
    NAME STATUS DATE
    Devin McCourty, DB Questionable Dec 25
    Comment: McCourty (ankle) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Jets.

Dont'a Hightower, LB Questionable Dec 25
    Comment: Hightower (knee) is considered questionable to play Sunday against the Jets.
    Scott Chandler, TE Questionable Dec 25
    Comment: Chandler (knee) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Jets.
    Brandon LaFell, WR Questionable Dec 25
    Comment: LaFell (foot) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Jets.
    Danny Amendola, WR Questionable Dec 25
    Comment: Amendola (knee) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Jets.
    Julian Edelman, WR Doubtful Dec 25
    Comment: Edelman (left foot) is listed as doubtful for Sunday's game against the Jets.

MOOOHHAAHA

Bellihoody gotta put some scrubs in