The Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MaximusD163, Dec 30, 2019.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

The biggest question for the New York Jets is: “Who do we want to be?”

With a new GM, and the dawn of the offseason, now is the time to ask that question. List your offseason moves, Free Agency, Draft, Trades... and give reasons why in regards to the team’s style and identity. Feel free to update through the playoffs, bowl season, free agency, and combine!

2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Step one... Gase Burner account.... most excitment in 6 months.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Lets play: "Finding 8 wins in the 2020 schedule"

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. J-Raw24

I can't see it.... That schedule is crushing. Miami can only get better with their 12 or whatever picks, 7 in the first 3 rounds. Buffalo could go either way but hard to believe the d regresses. Pats will cheat if they can't win legit. Then the nfc west is rough without them adding weapons. I think the Rams will get better. SF and Seattle would already destroy us. And the Cards are sneaky good and could as well get better. Outside of that its on us to get better and not lose to Bengals type teams next year.

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Miami is not going to be that improved next year. They’re going to be young with potential but a bunch of rookies are not going to transform them over night. And that’s assuming they hit on all those picks.

TwoHeadedMonster and J-Raw24 like this.
  6. J-Raw24

I agree but if the hit on 3/7 and play like they did near the end of the season they could be dangerous. Thing is we never know and unless own GM gets the right picks and Gase coaches decent we could be in trouble.

7. FJF

On the flip side, we hit on 2/3 of our first four and the right 2/3 free agents they could be in trouble.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  8. J-Raw24

I agree. They also have more cap room. But we have more overall talent I think. Offseason should be more interesting than the crap season. Sad its been that way for a while.

FJF likes this.
  9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Fire Adam Gase for 2020 Season. All that should matter.

10. FJF

Bro, you’re good poster but please, don’t make every thread into a fire gase thread. This is a good topic. Let’s keep it that way without the fuss that these posts will bring.

11. J-Raw24

You know as much as I don't think Gase is a good coach, I can say this is getting old. Every conversation doesn't need to be "Fire Gase". There a whole thread for Gase. On top of that I would prefer intelligent arguments and fact about why he is bad (which is out there) over "FIRE GASE". Some of the Gase supporters offer more than some of the anti-Gase. Also there is no chance he gets fired until he has at least 8 more games under his belt. I wish some of you would refrain from it for just long enough to talk intelligently about ways to improve this team besides the coaching. Yes he is bad. I have present facts and arguments. But seriously...

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Until they fire him, we are just spinning our wheels and likely even heading in reverse.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. IIMeanDeanII

Thank you. I can't help it though, It's what I want this off-season. I will refrain though.

FJF, BacktoQueens and J-Raw24 like this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

Wasn't meant to be taken that seriously...

15. FJF

It’s a bit early to start speculating on who will be available but starting with our own free agents
    Poole
    Beachum
    V Smith
    Lewis
    are must return players
    Robbie and Jenkins are the 2nd tier . Bring them back but don’t go crazy outbidding for them.

16. J-Raw24

Its not just you. Its been going overboard a lot. I have seen you post some legitimate concerns and I normally appreciate your input. Its the senseless Gase hate with no facts or reason that is getting to me. I think he's a horrible coach and have presented reasons as have other including yourself. But the "FIRE GASE NOW" in every conversation is a bit overboard.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  17. J-Raw24

I agree with Poole, I wouldn't mind V Smith and Lewis. I think I move Jenkins into list if we can get a good deal. Not as sold on Beachum. If we dradt an LT we either us said LT at LG or RT or Beachum is useless. I don't think he can play RT and I don't know if I would want to put day Trey Adams at RT either. He's a good LT prospect and, if he can stay healthy, a major improvement. Unfortunately I think Robbie is toast.

18. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

The key is knowing which Free Agents we will sign.

we need to address FA with someone like Conklin or Scherff at OL and that way we can focus on WR rd 1

if we miss on OT, hopefully we can sign the jags Edge rusher and draft OL in draft.

19. FJF

I love Jenkins, worries someone is going to throw a bunch of money at him. Free agency is stupid like that.
    I can’t see us going into the draft without a legit option already at left tackle. Beachum is average but it’s easier to do way worse. Some way joe d will have to rough out a somewhat serviceable o line before entering the draft. Otherwise we’re liable to reach and bust on a pick or two.
    Smith should cone cheap and looks to have some potential. Considering the state of the wr Corp and the potential free agents he is a good floor.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  20. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Guys, how can we even begin to predict next season when we don't even know yet what 300-pound D lineman we're going to pick in the first round?