The official we have a QB controversy thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by winstonbiggs, Sep 16, 2007.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

This isn't about Chad this is about having a smart QB with real tools to lead this team. This kid was tough and made some great throws. He threw 3 balls that hit Jets WR in position to score TD's to tie the game. He was great against a big time D that knocked the crap out of him for 3 quarters.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sign on for this. He got me more excited in that 4th quarter than I've been since the Vinny days. We had a chance to tie the game and two drops cost us the game.

3. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I'm really excited about Clemens. He made clear and thoughtful decisions when it counted. He had the arm to make plays. The difference it made on the field was very obvious. I think the arguement can be made that he offers us a greater cieling this year. His mobility helps as well.

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Great job by Clemens, showed guts, poise and yes a very strong arm. Feel bad for the kid, he did more than enough to tie the game.

5. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I hate to bring it back to arm strength, but DAMN does he have a rocket!

6. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

You have to be encouraged by what you saw, we have a future QB (not so far off). But like I have been saying he is not quite ready yet, great rally but the game should have never been that out of hand. Two good QB's on the roster that's a good problem to have. Now if we can only fix the other 100 things wrong with the team.

7. Their isn't ANY QB controversy. Clemens should be the starting QB no questions asked.

This wasn't a case of the opposing team not having enough film on him. That team threw everything they had at him. When he had time, he made the right decision every time, and really threw w/ accuracy and precision.

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

winston, we dont have any controversy as far as Im concerned

9. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

He grew into that game, and was fantastic in the fourth quarter. (As were the defense.)

I now have two favourite QBs. :sad: :grin:

10. jaybo1015

jaybo1015 New Member

love it, he stepped up and had a great 4th quarter IN baltimore and GAVE US A CHANCE TO WIN THE GAME not to not lose the game, i think he should be the starter in week 3

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

ridiculous! Clemens was terrible the first three quarters, and everyone that knows anything about football knows that every good QB that has ever played has been brilliant from the very first pass they ever throw. he was terrible his first few times he threw a pass, that means he is terrible, plain and simple!

12. YouBigDummy

YouBigDummy New Member

Accuracy and precision = 2 interceptions.

13. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I didn't realize what a gun he had... i'm excited for the future....

14. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

It was just beautiful that last quarter. I haven't seen that sort of passing game in a long while.

15. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

I gotta admit, he was pretty horrible early on, and I was thoroughly unimpressed. His 4th quarter poise, however, really turned my head though. I don't think he's won the job just yet, but if Chad comes back sluggish, time to turn the reigns over.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Once he got settled in he did good. Like Winston said he threw 3 very catchable dropped TD's to tie the game. As for him having a rocket, I'm not sure about that, I think we're just so used to seeing lolly pops his (normal NFL QB) passes looked like rockets.

17. The first interception he was under immense pressure and the second interception went through the reciever's hands.

18. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Only a fool would put the blame for the game ending INT on Kellen. He threw a TD pass (twice) to McCareins. Who, by the way, should be out on his ear as early as tomorrow.

19. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

ACTUALLY, the offensive line was horrible...not Kellen Clemens.

If you give Kellen Clemens time...which they did in the 4th...it is clear he can throw the football and do it well.

20. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

I don't agree...

It was 1 quarter, most of it against the prevent.. He played well in the 4th, and should have tied the game 3 times (2 drops, and one non drop, but CATCH IT!) but it's 1 quarter let's chill...

He did play better than expected.