The official Star Wars spoiler thread (enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by zace, Dec 18, 2015.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

So as suggested starting a thread for those who have seen the movie and want to talk about it. Great movie, I think the new characters can definitely carry the franchise. I actually like Daisy Ridley as the lead.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Poeman and The Dark Knight like this.
  2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Have a feeling that's Luke's daughter.

Force was more powerful than Kylo Ren.

3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

She is according to what i read. Thats why she doesnt have a last name. Star Wars set outside the old republic is the story of the Skywalker family.

Remember Anakin was a manifestation of Palpatine manipulation which is why his bloodline is so strong.

Falco21 likes this.
  4. Falco21

Makes sense.

That movie was awesome though. Loved the way it was made and loved how they brought all the old star wars back into it.

Theater erupted when they showed the Millennium Falcon

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

It really blew up when han shows up. Oh and when luke takes his hood off. I loved Han taking the bowcaster from Chewie.

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I didn't see the movie yet ... And I didn't read any posts in here

But Kylo Ren is Ben Solo! oooooh and you can totally see that on the main page preview haha

Poeman, zace and JetsVilma28 like this.
  7. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

The force is strong in this one.

zace and Falco21 like this.
  8. JetsVilma28

Kylo Ren is not Darth Vader worthy, disappointed overall with Adam Driver. Just couldn't buy the evil, when he takes the mask off. Should have never took the mask off.

New weapon/death star/ whatever you want to call 100x larger than than the original death stars...destroyed with ease. I really wasn't to big on the whole destruction of their first weapon. I thought they really rushed through all of that. First they make it look like this impenetrable force, but then it's destroyed with ease.. of course our hero's and villains are able to get off the ship in the nick of time. Just felt rushed.

Han Solo is dead :( I read a prediction spoiler that this was going to happen, before I saw it. A little bummed, but I guess he couldn't live forever. We finally got to find out his fate. I thought Harrison Ford was rock solid again, really cool to see him back in character. Han and Finn were great together, good humor exchanges.

Finn and Han are a great tandem in Force Awakens. They played off each other very well. Again, felt like Finn's character was a bit rushed, but probably most of it was waiting for this movie so long that now it went by in a blink of an eye. Does Finn have the force? Or was he just lucky defending himself with the saber? Will other storm troopers turn to the resistance, like Finn did?

I did not like the chick strom trooper....not believable at all for me.

I liked the xwing pilot captain. He was a very believable character for me. I liked his exchanges with Finn. JJ did a good job of keeping Star Wars fun/family friendly. There is good star wars, nerd humor. Our hero characters, I thought, worked very well together.

I did not like the scene where Han gets the Millennium Falcon back. That scene had shades of the JAr Jar binks movies all over it. The animation aliens/monster just look stupid, not scary or believable at all. They have to stop with the animation characters...they look FAKE. Just give me some puppets and costumes that look wayyyyyy more realistic/scary/dangerous.

I like where the Millennium Falcon is headed, I like Ray the chick character. I thought they kind of sped her inception to the audience up (like her knowledge of star ships/engineering/mechanics, and obviously learning the force on her own) but I like the character overall. She is going to be a fun character to watch (she is tough, she is believable)...looks like her training is going to start with Luke.

The ending was awesome. Obviously very happy they kept Luke as a Jedi Knight. I read some prediction spoilers that said JJ was going to turn Luke to the dark side. I would not have been a fan of that (think that would have been very Game of Thrones esq).

Overall, really liked the movie. I still think the originals are better, but JJ did way better than the crap that was Episodes I, II and III. The aerial battles are 2nd to none. The X wings look awesome!

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Kylo supposed to come off as conflicted. Like instead of a good guy teetering towards evil, its the opposite. Which i like.

Han was supposed to die in the original trilogy.

Theres a lot of Phasma that was cut. She has a huge presence in the script. Thats what i was hinting at. For example when finn is told to report for debriefing, he senses that he will be killed, but in actually Phasma thinks Finn will be one of the best troopers in his class and thats why she knows his name. Its hinted at when they talk about him leaving. She actually thinks highly of him.

Poeman and JetsVilma28 like this.
  11. JetsVilma28

Yea, my gf said the same thing about Kylo. That he is still in training. I guess I kind of miss Vader's authority/dominance in the empire. I definitely felt more of the conflict with Kylo's character than full presence in the dark side. It's weird bc in the beginning scenes he comes off very bad ass...and in the scene where Ray sees Kylo when looking at Luke light saber, bad ass. And then in certain scenes he seemed to be getting pushed around, or throwing temper tantrums and when he takes off his mask he looks boyish. I just didn't get the full confidence and bad ass like I did with Vader. I guess that was the way I was suppose to feel.

Ahh, that makes more sense with Phasma. They kind of sped right by her character, probably chopping out a lot of informational parts.

Does Finn have the force? I know he used the light saber, but I don't recall him ever using the force in the movie. His character is unique in that he doesn't have piloting experience. That seems to limit him a bit.

#11 JetsVilma28, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yeah shes pretty fucking wicked actually. I dont think finn has the force. I do like how they finally answered the question of where troopers come from
    Yeah shes pretty fucking wicked actually.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Will be seeing the movie on Sunday. Thanks for the teasers. :)

zace likes this.
  14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Pretty spot on to how I felt!
    I did get a bit wax nostalgic bringing back the old characters / falcon.

I was thinking "now this is a Star Wars movie with Han Solo / Ford back"........ then 20 minutes later :confused:

Overall thought they were a bit too close to the original....but it lead in to a potentially great sequel

On a side note, I got to the theater early, had a prime seat by myself..... then of course the most annoying dork family had to sit next to me. Put a damper on the experience a bit

JetsVilma28 and The Dark Knight like this.
  15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Good idea! My thoughts:
    -Po was the man. Great pilot and I love Oscar Isaac. Great casting.
    -Finn was also cool and funny. Great addition.
    -Rey is the crown jewel of the film and casting. She was fantastic. Many feminists these days keep trying to push strong female characters and female driven movies just for the sake of it. It drives me nuts. I don't look at male heroes and call them that. They are heroes. Rey is a hero too. Abrams pulled her off perfectly.
    -Han Solo was great. There is backstory to be told, so don't be surprised if Ford returns in Episode VIII.
    -The search for Luke was awesome with an epic pay off. He looked so awesome.
    -BB8 was so cute. I felt for that little droid.
    -Kylo Ren was a great villain. Very conflicted. Great acting by Adam driver. When he took his mask off I instantly could see why he was cast. I expect him to return to the light side by the end of the new trilogy.
    - the only thing I really did not like was his Master. I don't even remember his name but he felt out of place. Had more of a marvel universe look.
    Overall: A+. Great return to a galaxy far, far, away.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Your new nick will be The Dark Jedi Knight.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Im curious to learn more about Snoke.

I agree 100 percent everything you said abiut Rey. Great casting, and she looks like she'll fit the part great. Shes not forced on you. You want her to succeed. I think when its forced on an audience, even women turn from it.

I like the idea of an evil guy drawn to the light its always the opposite and sooo played.

Im curious as to when kylo was taken. Was he a boy, a teen, or young adult. Im gonna guess Rey is younger than him. If not he was taken as a boy. But it seems like theyve had some type of family life before sending him to luke.

#17 zace, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I remember a quote from Yoda in episode III: "Into exhile, I must go. Failed, I have" or something like that. Makes you wonder if Luke took a similar approach after the whole Kylo Ren disaster.

zace likes this.
  19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yeah makes sense, all his padawans were killed during the raid by the first order. Kylo was beaten pretty bad. I think he'll become more like Vader than he intended.

20. Falco21

I had the same thought with his master!

His name is Supreme Leader Snoke

I hated that part. He looked like Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy with that throne.

zace and The Dark Knight like this.