The Official Ramsey is a Jet Thread!! Post your thoughts here.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Mar 16, 2006.

1. GangGreen04

GangGreen04 Active Member

Per espn radio:

According to Chris Mortenson John Abraham is scheduled to meet with Falcon officials by Friday to discuss the terms of a possible contract. Mentioned that people shouldn't be fooled by the Falcons stubborness to part with Matt Schaub because even though the the Falcon brass loves Matt Schaub they know they have no chance of resigning him after his contract is over at the end of the upcoming season. It is believed that the Falcons are trying hard to figure out a way to not part with a 1st or 2nd rounder in addition to Schaub. Apparently the Falcons are willing to send Schaub to the Jets however not with anything more then a possible 3rd round pick. Jets are thinking of doing this however they are trying to figure out a way to get the Falcons to extend Schaubs contract.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

This is from the falcons site and has been reported by numerous people. It is legit and ive also seen it on other jets boards. If this goes through and we get a backup qb and a 3rd for abraham i will hang myself.

2. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Wow! Now that is dedication to your team right there! Hanging yourself if you don't approve of a move...I will be fine with the deal as long as we at least get Schaub and a 3rd...that is THE worst we can take.

I would love for us to offer Abe and a 4th rounder for Schaub and their second round...

They REALLY like Schaub. They are not going to give him away without a good offer...It looks like Matt will be a Jet eventually...

The question I ask is...does he start next year over Penny? I say absolutely...

Good find by the way:beer:

#2 PennyandtheJets, Mar 16, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  3. GangGreen04

Well i didnt mean it literally. I might just go a head and storm into hofstra and hang tannebaum instead.

4. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

Yep..heard it! I guess I am slow to post..I am at the point where lets just do it already. I am getting concerned teams won't sign Abe to the contract he wants which ties our hands.Looking at Denver they can't afford his terms and Atlanta can.I would love Atlanta to sweeten up the deal a bit more. As everyone knows what the hell is Abe going to do in a 3-4? We trade Abe get Schaub and get another tackling nut case in Hawk (will fit in nice 3-4)or Get a blocker for the next 10 years in D-Brick.

5. PennyandtheJets

Haha...I know you weren't serious buddy.

However like I said in my last post, I am not so sure we will be able to get much better than Schaub and a 3rd rounder unless we ourselves add another pick into the trade...

Schaub could very well wind up being our starting QB next year...interesting

6. GangGreen04

well i have heard some falcon fans comparing trading shaub away to trading favre back in the day. That could only be a good thing if an entire fan base feels so strongly about a player.

7. PennyandtheJets

Falcons fans LOVE the guy...and so does the the front office of the Falcons obviously...

Abe and a 4th rounder for Schaub and a second rounder would be a nice deal no?

8. TeamJets2K6

TeamJets2K6 New Member

If we have to give up a 4th and Abe for their 3rd and Scahuab tha tis fuckin NUTS. we should not have to give up our 4th, maybe a secondrounder and Abe, for Shaub and their 3rd...

I trust that Tanny will not get robbed on his first major FA move

I'd rather keep Abe, and play him..he will produce double digit sacks..he is that good

9. 1028

1028 Active Member

Sheesh do they really have that much confidence in Schaub, that they think their backup QB and a 2nd round pick wouldnt be fair for Abe, even when theres no chance Schaub gets resigned next year? Who knows, maybe he really is some superstar waiting in the wings and rotting on the bench.

10. PennyandtheJets

Brett Favre part Deux...I would be alright with that lol

11. PennyandtheJets

What I said was...

Jets Give: John Abraham and a 4th rounder

Falcons give: Matt Schaub and a second rounder

Since they are nervous about giving up the second rounder why not toss in a 4th rounder? We already have two...

12. 1028

1028 Active Member

No kidding, he might just be that. Love his size (6'5, 240!!!). Out of curiosity, hows his arm? I hear he got a decent deep ball.

13. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

The same moron Falcon fans were the ones also talking crap about Abe being a Peerless Price. If that isn't apples and oranges I have no idea what the hell is. They act like teams don't make stupid decisions..

Price was a #2 WR who caught the crap left over when Moulds was double teamed and had one stud season..

Abe is an absolute beast 3 time probowler and in my opinion is not always

hurt 2004 he could have came back and played but he was too much of a

bitch worried about his contract. Had his damn Agent in his ear rather his

heart on the field..2004 watching Abe on the sideline in the playoffs made me

absolutely sick. At that point I can give to shits about him and wanted him off the team.

Sorry to vent........

14. PennyandtheJets

His size is incredible. I am almost certain he has a big arm. Not huge like a Carson Palmer, but probably somewhere just below that...

15. 1028

1028 Active Member

At first I thought that anything less than a first for Abe, and we would be getting skinned alive. But I think Abe for a 2nd rd pick, and Schaub, would be a fair deal for both sides. Schaub looks like he could be a true steal, a diamond in the rough. Heres a good scenario IMO (WARNING: MOCK DRAFT AHEAD!!!): we use the 2nd rounder on Addai to find our backfield a starting back that can take the pressure off Schaub. We trade down our 4th pick and use the first on Vernon Davis, thereby upgrading the passing game and giving Schaub a favorite target and a security blanket. Then we're left with 2 2nds and a 3rd. We can use the 3rd on an OT like Whitworth, and with the 2 2nds we can take any combination of players that so pleases us (Gilles, Mangold, Carpenter, Cromartie....the possibilites are endless). :up:

16. PennyandtheJets

I think I like the part of the trade that has Atlanta giving Schaub an extension...Thats a really good way to save yourself just in case he does beast out...at least he will be under contract and we could redo the deal...

I like trade the more I talk about it...

I bet a trade with the Falcons goes through some time next week if we are going to get it done...

#16 PennyandtheJets, Mar 16, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  17. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

schaub from what we've seen of him isint so bad, he started a game last season against the patriots and played pretty good he threw like 3 td's, close to 300 yds, and 1 pick or maybe none,

if we get him we wont have to draft a qb w/our first round pick,

he would give us an insurace policy for chad and a young qb,

the only thing i dont like is the 4th rounder the falcons would give us, abe is a proven player and we should get more than an unproven qb and a 4th rounder

18. PennyandtheJets

The rumored deal is Abe for Schaub and a 3rd rounder...

Schab didn't throw any INT's in that game against the Pats...

If we trade for Schaub I am willing to bet he starts day one. If not he would take over as soon as Chad was either hurt or played poorly

19. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

I REALLY don't want to unload Abe just for a back up QB. And giving up an a draft pick too?! Forget that. RIP OFF!!!

20. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is the smartest move (if it goes through) the Jets have made since the 2000 draft.

If we get a QB & 2nd round for abe & our 4th We can focus on other needs O-line D'Brick, LB AJ Hawk, or trade down & pick up multiple first day picks and get a good RB & some offensive linemen and maybe a corner (Jimmy Williams)

It makes no sense to wast draft picks & trade up to pick up Matt Leinart because he won't start his first year, he's the next TOdd Marenovich & we have too many personel holes to fill to justify wasting picks on a QB who could turn out to be injury prone or a bust.

Schaub for Mayor.