The Official David Clowney does not have A.I.D.S. Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jgangstahippie7:18, Feb 10, 2010.

1. jgangstahippie7:18

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

good for clowney?

3. JetsLookingforDWare

He also tested negative in football skillz.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yet he's actually done something in a game that matters which is more than we can say for your boy Gholston.

5. 624

624 Banned

Does he have S.A.D?

6. JetsLookingforDWare

Cool. Tons of guys who suck have had big moments...doesn't mean they don't suck or that they'll last long.

To a lesser level D'Brick saw the same crap Gholston did..."he's not worth it" and "he sucks"...then Year 3 came and he showed why he was drafted. D'Brick saw this while actually being on the field and doing a solid job in the 2 years before hand. Most have already forgotten Gholston didn't even do poorly in his 4 starts just because it's more fun and fits the storyline better to forget.

7. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

ok so he didnt play poor, but he certainly didnt do anything to make him appear to be worthy of his draft status.

Brick played very well his second season, and the criticism was mostly unfounded, but you know what, at least he saw the field, and sure as hell wasnt inactive during any game he has played since joining the NFL...

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Brick held his own and was impressive since day one.

The dopes who said "he isn't Orlando Pace! WTF" are the ones who put that stigma on him.

I can't take you seriously when you compare Brick and Gholston in that way.

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

U know, somehow, I was nominated in one of the categories I did not deserve to be in. U were there too. I can understand why you were there.

Gholston didn't do poorly in his 4 starts? Right...thats why Ihedigbo had to back up Bart Scott when he got injured.

10. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

You could before? He's another poster who always has me thinking about soup.

11. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Clowney > Gholston

D'Brick vs. Titans, 2006 > Two years of Gholston

12. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Coff... multiple DB formations... coff coff... Gholston OLB not ILB... coff coff... Ihedigbo is good at stopping the run while Gholston isn't... coff... against Manning do you prefer a S or an OLB who has never covered in his life...

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'm trying to treat all posters equally.

DWare can have good ideas, and then there are some spots where it all comes crashing down.

14. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

FTR, Vernon Gholston did not vomit, piss himself, cry or run out of the stadium screaming during his four starts. Therefore, he played... adequately? :rolleyes:

15. JetsLookingforDWare

Because you don't want to understand the comparison.

David Clowney still sucks. I shouldn't have bitten such stupid bait.

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

*Cough* S at ILB *Cough* Ihedigbo came in when Bart went out. Seems like he played ILB, not a DB spot. ILB or OLB, a LB has to better at either one than a safety. Unless we had 6 in coverage, 2LBs and 3 at DLs.

Point is, Ihedigbo is better at stopping the run, and better at coverage as well than Gholston. Not so sure why Gholston exists then.

17. 624

624 Banned

I guess you deserve it too, Gholston is not an ILB....neither is Ihedigbo but he is better fit for that spot then Gholston, even if Gholston is what he was supposed to be..

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I didn't say Clowney didn't suck. I said he's done more than your boy.

D'Brick started EVERY GAME of his career. He should never be mentioned in the same breath as Gholston. Gholston started 4 games in his 2nd year because the starter was suspended and barely ever sniffed the field other than that.

D'Brick always showed the technique and athleticism to be a top LT, he struggled with being overpowered at times because he was smaller and hadn't filled out his frame.

You're way off base with your comparison.

19. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

BTW, how do u compare an LB with a LT? This was Ghosts second season. Brick was brick in his second season, while still solid in his rookie yr. What are you on?

20. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I never said Gholston is an ILB. A hybrid LB is something u may be referring to with Ihedigbo. Eric Smith is a good example. But we are talking about a pure LB who will cover, rush the QB, and stop the run...all three of them. Maybe Ihedigbo is good in coverage but Gholston was supposed to better at the other two. Which he wasn't. I agree Ihedigbo fit in better, but Gholston was supposed to be there. He was supposed to be fast. He isn't, and thats the whole point.