The NFL divisional odds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Makes sense. Our team went 2-14 last year and will have a rookie QB, OC, and HC this year. There will be growing pains for players and coaches. The other three teams have established coaching staffs and systems.

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Wouldn't trade it for the world.

This is how I like it.

I'm not a big gambler (at all) but I usually throw away $100 every weekend on NCAA/NFL PARLAYS every single year to begin with ($50 on Saturday and $50 on Sunday). Just to add extract excitement to my football weekends.

This year? I'm going to take a break on PARLAYS and just invest into our underdog Jets.

Instead of throwing away damn near $1600 on crazy 8-10 pick PARLAYS (where I win 1-2x per season if lucky) I'm going to say fk it and drop $1,700 on these Jets to win the division ($100 per gm).

$1,700 @ +2000 odds = $35,700 in return.

I'm pulling the trigger because last year I had a crazy feeling Bucs would win the SB and I failed to bet as much as I initially wanted to.

I won't make that same mistake this year because I have a crazy feeling we're going to win this division under coach Saleh.

I wonder what our Jets odds with a rookie hc, Rookie oc, rookie DC and Rookie QB were to make the AFC Championship Game heading into 2009?!?!?

I didn't gamble back then.
    But this year I'm taking a gamble..

With $35,700 on the line I'll become a raging Pitbull every Sunday and if we win the division? I'm taking a 6 month vacation away from work. If not and we don't? Oh well. I would've let PARLAYS steal my $1,700 to begin with.

Win/win.

twown and KingRoach like this.
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

We have a local sports game room down here in St. Pete that I place my tickets every weekend and last year I hit 2 PARLAYS but nothing like my 2015 run. When I hit 3 of them damn near back to back to back.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This year I'm going big on these UNDERDOG JETS!

$1,700 for $35,700 is the goal baby!

(We can't place season props until August 1st though).

This will be my first time ever betting on my Jets with a single teams prop and I hope it's true that the 1st time is a charm and I'm sorry, but Josh Allen isn't Tom Brady and Buffalo isn't New England and Belly is a career looser without Tom Brady and ALWAYS misses the Playoffs without him; and I fully expect for Josh Allen to come back crashing down to earth (with fans in the stands).

Sent from my 5062Z using Tapatalk

5. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Let’s be real here... it wasnt some “crazy” feeling... they signed the GOAT QB and had all pros all over the field. Comparing that to the 2021 Jets is ridiculous.
    That said, i really hope you win the bet!!

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Kansas City Chiefs +600
    Baltimore Ravens +650
    New Orleans Saints +1000
    San Francisco 49ers +1000

Were all favored ahead of TB @ +1200.

Keep in mind that Tampa Bay hadn't made the playoffs in like 12-13 years heading into last year and it was Brady's 1st year in a new system.

I still predicted TB to win it all but my wife convinced me to not be an idiot and bet 5k on them and as a fair husband, I listened. I shouldn't have as I would've been like 65k richer.

This year? Nothing is stopping me from dropping $1,700 on Jets winning division ($100 per every wk is worth my gamble).

I expect N.E to stink, not worried about Tua and not scared of Allen or Buffalo (with fans in the stands).

I didn't gamble in 2009 but my older brother dropped $1k @ +4000 odds on Jets to win the SB and came up two games short of $41,000. He did the same in 2010 and 2011; he hasn't bet a single dollar on sports ever since.

This year we're @ +10,000 and he's already feeling like 2009 again and about to put $1k on the Jets for $101,000; I like my odds to win the AFC East more than his lol

#6 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I feel like I should have a tattoo of your post across my back in gothic letters like Cape Fear. It basically sums up my life as a Jets fan.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

I think we've easily got the best Offensive Rookie draft class within the entire league.

Might have to hedge my Jets winning the AFC East and drop $20 for fun on each of Zach Wilson, Elijah Moore and Michael Carter to win Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Zach Wilson @ +800 ($20 = $180).
    Michael Carter @ +3,300 ($20 = $680).
    Elijah Moore @ + 4,000 ($20 =$820).

One of these kids are going to win it (you can just feel it).

9. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

yeah but what if Jets lose division but win Super Bowl? You’re going to feel real dumb when your bro has his toes in the sand for 3 months while you’re grinding at work. Do 1400 division 300 SB hedge that shit. If you hit both your vacation gets even longer.

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Hmmm..plus 2000 for the Jets to win Division? That's crazy..throwing away $ in my opinion

Now can we finish in 3rd place ahead of NE or another team ..that's a bet I might make smh