The New Stadium: Thoughts

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by KHBirdman, Aug 17, 2010.

1. KHBirdman

KHBirdman Banned

THOUGHTS OF THE FIRST GAME:

1. Parking was horrific. Once I got to the stadium, it took me literally 40 minutes to get into a spot. Meadowlands parking cars blocking lanes, mass confusion, poor traffic control, signs not working, etc...

2. Gate Security was amazing. What used to take 25 minutes to get in took about 1 minute. They had TONS of staff patting people down and scanning tickets. This was great.

3. You'd think after a soccer and lacrosse game, 4 Bon Jovi concerts that they'd have the P.A. system working properly. The system didn't work for the 2nd quarter until about the 6 minutes to go mark and then almost derailed the Ring of Honor ceremony but they finally got it up and running.

4. On non-tailgate days, I highly recommend the cheese steak for $10 but the fried clams over french fries was also quite tempting.

5. Loved the urinals.

6. The walk ways and concorse were so wide that there is no peope traffic getting to your seat and then out of the stadium.

7. Cup Holders For Every Seat !

8. The 4 high def video scoreboards are great. Two give game play at all times while the other two give stats and out of town scores that you can finally read.

9. Fireman Ed in the endzone in the front row is a bit disturbing.

10. There is no clock in the stadium that has the regular time.

11. Looks like there are only 4 open slots for the ring of honor...not sure where the other players names will go after the next 4 get inducted.

12. I didn't mind my new seats going from 40 years+ downstairs in the endzone to the 40 yard line upstairs gave me an amazing view of the game.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

1: I didn't have any problems parking, for me it was really easy actually.

2: I got in early so I'm not sure how quick it will be when at 1PM 50,000 people are trying to enter the Stadium.

4: I didn't wat much but the burger I had was pretty good.

6: Upstairs it is very tight, almost feels tigher in the concoure than the old place.

8: Should be greater but of course they have to cut them down to display ads.

11: I noticed that too but they'll find a way to make more room.

3. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

1.) I didn't find it too bad. Went in from 3 East, parked in lot K. Took about 20 minutes or so from the highway (though, lot K is the first lot there, so...).

8.) 100% agree. They're crisp as hell. The stats they throw up there are very Madden-like as well. Easy to read, well organized.

9.) Why?

Extra: I found that sitting in the LLEZ, I often couldn't see the down/distance because of the sideline camera. Very annoying. I was looking to see if it was shown at the opposite EZ anywhere, but maybe I missed it? Overall, love the feel of the place.

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

$10 for a cheese steak?

5. jetfan987

jetfan987 Member

Underwhelmed

Overall I would say that for 1.7 BILLION dollars I was underwhelmed. They must have paid 1.5 BILLION for the lower sections because up in the 300's it wasn't that much different. It is a little better, but I do not think I got the value of my ticket prices going up over 30%.

<b>Liked</b>
    - Cup Holders
    - Giant Screens - Very Clear
    - Took the train from Hoboken. Pretty good overall. Want to see how it is on a real game where everyone leaves at the same time.
    - Outside the stadium got a nice facelift. There was a section with a bar and stage where I came in past security. That could be fun. Also screens showing the live game and player pictures in HD was great.

<b>Didn't Like</b>
    - My seats which are essentially the same row as the old stadium (300's row 15) are so much further away from field.
    - It is just too big. Felt more intimate in the old stadium.
    - To sterile. Expected more from the concourses in terms of personality and cool/unique consessions.
    - No escalator to bring you up to 300's. Either take the stairs or ramp. Only 1 or 2 escalators going down at the end of the game. This is going to take forever on a reg season game to get in and get out.
    - Nothing special about the consessions. Basically same old stuff and vendors as last stadium, just the prices went up. $8.75 for a draft beer!!!
    - No parking options for non-pre paid parking

6. -Parking was a disaster...took over an hour to finally park. missed the entire first qtr as a result
    - Security at the gate was very quick and painless
    - Seats were fantastic. Awesome view of basically the entire field and the big screens are great for replays
    - I was impressed by how loud the stadium got..even for a preseason game
    -Concessions offer alot of choices..but my wife and I decided to get dinner at the sart of the 3rd and 3 seperate places were either out of food or some major component of the dish I.E. bread.

I think it's a great stadium that once a few early kinks are corrected will turn into a nice long term home for the J-E-T-S

7. jesse33

jesse33 Member

this stadium was a HUGE disappointment. The food was the same much wider concourse but not much more food. Ugly from outside and very similar to old stadium inside. The biggest improvement was the big screens. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED. THe stadium had no green look to it from the outside at all

have been to a few other stadiums, Colts stadium is so much nicer can't even compare, New England stadium I thought was nicer, even the dolphins stadium was as nice and all they did was upgrade there old stadium

8. KHBirdman

KHBirdman Banned

No Green Look?

There was GREEN Everywhere.
    The stadium was lit up green.
    On every light or post, there was a flag of the Jets or a Jets player.
    Big displays outside with Jets logo and the game.
    Inside the stadium, all the signs were light up green.
    The bottom of the TVs had a GREEN bar with info on it.
    Jets Team stores everywhere.
    Green endzones, and theme inside.
    The stadium had such a green feel to it. Makes you forget about those UGLY red seats from Giants Stadium !

9. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

I think for the regular season the stadium itself will be lit up more green.

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I don't see how the gate check couldn't have been quick considering how late you were coming in.

11. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

They said they still aren't done with the signing and lighting I believe.

12. There were alot of people who were in the same boat as me. Alot of CT residents were late not only cause of the parking but b/c 95 South had a 7 mile back-up due to an accident. Caused about an hour delay. So there was a decent sized crowd entering the gate.

13. kaboom

kaboom Member

I loved it for the most part.

They need to have the flashing parking lot signs blinking the directions of the lots by "letters" (i.e., B, D, K) as I did get misled and routed to a lot on the opposite side of the stadium from what I wanted.

Food selection on Level 1 has much more diversity than I recall.

I mortgaged my future (not really) for lower level PSL's, was very happy with the seats/views/sightlines, bathrooms, etc.

14. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

Parking was easy and fast, if you dont wanna wait get there a little early...
    overall, much better selection of food...and everything tasted great!
    bathrooms and stores were nice
    my view was great in section 318 row 2
    the only complaint i have was the railing in front of my seats should have been glass they kind of obstruct my view although i do stand a lot, other than that the stadium was great.

15. NYRfan1013

NYRfan1013 New Member

Just a quick question if it was like this in the old stadium, this is the first season me and my dad have season tickets. They didnt serve him beer because he didnt have his license. Is this something new? They said they needed to see ID so if he got "drunk" they can find out who he is. Of course its his mistake he didnt bring ID, but I was just wondering if it was like this in the old stadium?

16. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

always been extra strict with me...no id, no beer!

17. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

no id no beer you could be 85 years old. it doesnt matter

18. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

The PSL parking was excellent (we have a yellow pass). I parked in lot K and there was plenty of spots 30-45 minutes before the game.

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I believe it's a new "law." I see it everywhere now. You must show ID regardless of how old you look.

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

My seats do not have a cup holder.