The Last Training Camp At Hofstra

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wexy, Jul 28, 2008.

1. wexy

wexy Member

Just a little note of melancholy about the Jets last Hofstra camp before heading to Jersey.
    I attended Hofstra in the mid seventies and worked security in the Jets dorm and met and hung with a lot of Jets back in the day and enjoyed watching practice.
    I think that we are going to lose a little tradition when they head across the river.

2. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

As much as I like the fact that the team is finally moving to the state they play in full time, which also happens to be my home state...I feel for the old timers that have supported the team from the other side of the city for so long. I think you guys are the ones really getting screwed, but at the same time, this is best for the team in the long run.

The only move that would make me happy is if the team moved to St Petersburg next to the Rays, barring that, NJ will be just fine.

3. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Jets cancelled both TC practices today...wonder what that is about.

Mangini is going Herm on us.

4. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

When is the new training facility supposed to be open? Seems strange to cancel monday's private practice w/o a good reason.

5. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Could be that it's supposed to be around 90 degrees today and coach just wanted to give the guys a break.

Or it could be that Mangini and Tannenbaum are in Mississippi talking to Favre

somebody check if Eric's car is in the parking lot.