The John Idzik Fan Club

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jerryjeudy, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

#1 Jerryjeudy, Nov 7, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    JetsKickAss likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

It's sad because many of us Jet fans I remember wanted a couple of players who Idzik passed on... And heading in we all knew that the 2014's WR draft class was something special which makes what Idzik did during the first two rounds absolutely criminal.

• He took Pryor 18th when many of us were begging for Brandin Cook who went two picks later 20th.

• He took a TE Amaro with the 17th pick of 2nd round when many of us were begging for a WR (yet again) only to see all three of Davante Adams, Allen Robinson and Jarvis Landry go 4, 12 and 14 picks later within the same 2nd round.

That was probably one of the greatest 1st round draft classes I can recently remember, however after the 1st round it became one of the least talented draft classes I can ever recall (super top heavy) but to miss out on WRs during the first two rounds was absolutely criminal.

Clowney.
    Khalil Mack.
    Jake Matthews.
    Mike Evans.
    Anthony Barr.
    Eric Ebron.
    Taylor Lewan.
    Odell Beckham Jr.
    Aaron Donald.
    Kyle Fuller.
    Ryan Shazier.
    Zack Martin.
    CJ Mosley.
    HaHa Clinton-Dix.
    Dee Ford.
    Jason Verrett.
    Teddy Bridgewater.

There were literally 17 future Pro Bowl players selected during the 1st round (and only 9 future pro bowlers throughout the 2nd-7th rounds combined) and we missed out on them all.

I love how JD has the most draft picks of any other team over the next 3 drafts but I seriously hope he trades a bunch of our picks in order to trade back up into the first two rounds because we need quality future pro bowlers over a bunch of quantity future nothingness.

Jets79 and Cman68 like this.
  4. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Oh how I hated the Pryor and Amaro picks, wasn’t fan of cooks, but wanted Allen Robinson. No more safety’s or DTs in 1st round for awhile!!!! Funny we could have Robinson and Godwin with crowder and mims. That would be top 10 receiver corps. That is why 2nd and 3rd round picks so important! Last 20 yrs, we have missed on literally all of them, except one or two. Maye and Harris... and they are not on offense. We undoubtedly are the worst offensive team in nfl last 2 years. Gase and bad drafting are the reasons.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2018/09/is_injured_marcus_maye_falling_victim_to_jets_2nd-.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 Sack exchange, Nov 7, 2020
  5. jago

jago Active Member

yeah first 3 rounds are top 100 picks. with over 1500 nfl roster spots these guys must be contributing players. its a crapshoot after that and i think the numbers show it. a long term plan should be to package and trade for most u can in this zone once you have a QB LT and edge inhouse.

Sack exchange likes this.
  6. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I HATE Idzik

Why oh why do we have SO MANY GMs that can truly make a claim for the worst ever

Terry Bradway, John Idzik, Mike MacCagnan ...

you can make a LEGITIMATE case for each one of these fucking losers that they are the worst GMs in the history of football

7. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

:(
    Why oh why?? The common denominator is they were all hired by woody Johnson!! Sadly James Dolan is just as bad!! It’s unreal! the worst owners in the NFL and the NBA just happens to be in New York:(

Sack exchange likes this.
  8. Sack exchange

To be fair bradway, was not as bad Idzick and Maccagnon.

At least he got this one right, but no one listened!

Russell Wilson coveted by one New York Jets executive
    Published: Nov 09, 2012 at 02:19 AM
    Headshot_Author_Gregg_Rosenthal_2019_png
    Gregg Rosenthal
    Around The NFL Editor

Former New York Jets general manager Terry Bradway still oddly holds a senior personnel executive position in the team's front office.
    During last year's draft season, Bradway's view on the incoming quarterback class was clear. He wanted Russell Wilson. Bradway talked about Wilson so much that the Wisconsin product was called "Russell Bradway" inside the Jets' building, defensive coordinator Mike Pettine told The Star-Ledger.
    The Seattle Seahawks ended up drafting Wilson 75th overall, just two spots before the Jets chose Demario Davis. It's fair to wonder if the Jets would have added Wilson to the Mark Sanchez-Tim Tebow stew if the Seahawks didn't jump on him.
    "We knew about him and liked him," Pettine said. "He's proving he's a complete quarterback."
    The story reminds us of the 2009 draft. As pointed out by ESPN.com's Mike Sando, the Seahawks were rumored to be interested in Sanchez at the time with the No. 4 overall pick, but they chose Aaron Curry instead. Curry was a bust, and yet most Seahawks fans probably are glad their team took him over Sanchez. The Wilson-Sanchez matchup Sunday just adds another layer to reunion weekend.
    Jets fans know that once you take a quarterback that high, you are going to roll with him for a long time.

We took Coples in 1st and the great Stephen Hill on the second! Both big busts. Wilson would have transformed the franchise. The Jets way is hard to live with sometimes.

#8 Sack exchange, Nov 7, 2020
    LAJet likes this.
  9. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yeah I had heard the story

but yes Bradway IS every bit as disgusting as both Idzik and Mac. He got raped in EVERY trade he made...he NEVER came out ahead in a trade. The worst one was the trade of a first round pick to Oakland for a second rounder and Doug Fucking Jolley. Come on. It doesn’t get worse than that. Oh wait, yes it does! You use that second round pick on a damn kicker! Who was never very good!

So yeah, Bradway was HORRIBLE.

And then we doubled down on our mistake by keeping him on as head of scouting for years

ugh

10. Sack exchange

That trade was horrible, but we lost chance at championship game because of kicker missing 3 kicks, so it was overkill. And turned out bad. I think we could have stood pat and taken Roddy white, Heath Miller, Vincent Jackson, Tuck, or mankin, even Gore. Could have just signed veteran kicker which would have fixed the issue. So I totally agree on that move being terrible. I remember a few other trades that weren’t good as well in his time. Not saying he was good GM by any means, but a smidgen better than the other 2!

11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The 2nd round has been death valley for the Jets.