The Jets need to trade down!!

Discussion in 'Draft' started by jetsfan119, Dec 12, 2006.

1. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

The Jets must trade down their first round pick to get Adrian Peterson! We will still have a 2nd rd pick...so its basically a wash. I dont want Lynch, I want the best RB in the draft...Peterson, the jets need him...then pick up a DE, and then pick up a OL

2. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

If the Jets want to land Peterson they'll have to trade UP. He's not dropping that far because of the collar bone injury.

3. rillo

rillo New Member

Yea i agree.....i seriously doubt he slides that much.....but u never know.... look @ maroney....:finssuck:

4. Toon is God

Toon is God Active Member

peteson's good for a half a season, definitely take him if he's there (which he won't be) but dont trade up.

5. JETSimpala

JETSimpala New Member

My question is why wouldn't you want Lynch?

6. jetfan51

jetfan51 New Member

i think the combo of washington/houston will do fine.

they need someone who can stop the run first like quinn pitcock out of OSU. then they can start thinking of adding depth.

7. Tight

Tight Active Member

No , we need a playmaker.

We need a guy that can take it to the house on any given play, make people miss on one play, then run them over on the next.

We need a playmaker.

No question.

8. jetfan51

jetfan51 New Member

i'd get the playmaker in the second round right after i get the big lineman/linebacker that can stop the run.

9. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

You can find players like Pat Williams, as in big linemen who will clog up the middle, in Free Agency every year...You can't find potential gamebreakers like Marshawn Lynch at all in Free Agency (and even if you can, it won't be for a reasonable price)

A franchise RB should be this team's number one priority heading into the Draft, with a pass-rushing LB and deep threat WR number two and three respectively. Then they can adress both sides of the line in free agency.

10. Sean Ryan

Sean Ryan Banned

Jet will probably have a winning record there not gunna be in the top 15 in the draft

11. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Adrian Peterson won't fall out of the top 5... many scouts make his pro comparison Eric Dickerson, and as long as he doesn't blow in the bowl game (which I know he's cleared for and as far as I've heard he's a go) he won't slip a bit.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You can find playmakers in the second and third rounds though, as evidence of the reason success of Marion Barber III, Maurice Jones-Drew, Rudi Johnson, etc.

Look at some of the recent runningbacks taken in the first round. Cadillac Williams can't take a beating, Ronnie Brown pussyfoots his way into holes, and Cedric Benson can't break the starting lineup, and neither can Chris Perry. Yes there are counters to this argument such as Tomlinson, McGahee, Larry Johnson, etc. Problem is, that you can easily just produce a system back with very good speed by building an excellent team through the trenches. The Pats won with Kevin Faulk, two out of three of their Superbowls.

13. Sean Ryan

Sean Ryan Banned

good point... but If i was a bettng man I'd take projected best running-backs over the projected 2nd tier running-backs.

14. KERRYRHODES25

KERRYRHODES25 New Member

the jets need peterson so they can trade
    1st,2nd round picks and justin drops the ball mcarins if dwight comes back healthy next year and smith is still playing good theyll be good
    for
    a top 5 pick
    their are rumors that the raiders and lions like troy smith which could be available on the jets pick the browns also might trade down for 2picks or more for their defense

15. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

The lines are what win you football games, and the draft is how you build the core of your team. Put 2 and 2 together. Mangini's two "mentors", Belichick and Parcells, both put great emphasis on the OL and DL with their early picks in every draft (especially Belichick), and in his first draft, Mangini showed that same mentality. We should be happy we have a coach who thinks like that.

I'm not saying the two lines are the top two priorities (although IMO they should be), but they're certainly not going to be addressed through free agency only. I'd be shocked if we didn't address both sides on the first day of the draft.

16. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I expect in the first round they will draft either a defensive lineman or a linebacker and then with the two 2nd round picks another offensive lineman and either another front 7 defensive lineman player or a skill player. My hope is that we don't lose that 4th round pick to the 49ers.

17. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

What is the official status of the pick we swapped for Barlow? Is that definitely going to be a 4th rounder?

18. illmatic

illmatic New Member

as much as I would love peterson, the jets should not by any means trade up...although early i'd say take the BPA b/t the DL's & RB's on the board for both round 1 & 2 and from there fill needs

19. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

We would have to give up everything to get into the top 5 to get Adrian Peterson. No way should we do this for a guy who has had some injury issues.

20. phatnols

phatnols Member

According to the thehuddlereport.com (trade Value stats) which are not accurate but close we would have to give up our #1,our 2 # 2's, #3, #4 ....thats not going to happen
    or we could do #1, 08 #1, redskins #2 , #4
    still that trade stinks

LETS SAY THIS
    NEVER TRADE UP FOR A RB, plus who knows who is the top 5 pick

even the experts know "shit beans" right now

who the fuck is good in this draft? wait a couple weeks right now, it is garbage time
    plus I want to see a "win and in?"

jets playoffs who cares about draft
    20th pick 24th pick who gives a fuck