The Entire 2022 Jets Draft Class

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, May 2, 2022.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

As a whole the 2022 draft class on paper looks to be excellent on paper. This group of prospects have the potential to be game changing for the franchise and if they reach their ceiling with the 2021 class this team has unlimited aspersions.

1. 4 - Sauce Gardner CB - Long, fast and talented. Excellent in press and has above average tackling ability. Has swagger and fits Saleh’s defence.

1. 10 - Garrett Wilson WR - Athleticism, speed, big hands and body control. Excellent intermediate route running ability and has the speed over the top as well. Fits the system.

1. 26 - Jermaine Johnson DE - Long, powerful, quick and big. Excellent backfield awareness combined with a good first step. Perfect fit for Saleh’s DL.

2. 36 - Breece Hall RB - Fast, solid hands and athletic. Has an excellent combination of running ability and catching ability with break away speed.

3. 101 - Jeremy Ruckert TE - Strong, athletic and fast. Has good blocking ability and untapped potential catching the football as well.

4. 111 - Max Mitchell OL - Good size and athleticism. Has versatility to play all the positions on the line. Solid depth piece.

4. 117 - Micheal Clemons DE - Big, strong and aggressive. Has potential to contribute to the rotation if he stays clean.

Noam, Jojo, jdub03 and 5 others like this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Gone are the days when the Jets CS had to make chicken shit into chicken salad

Well we find out if Zach is a FQB

We will also know if Saleh LaFleur and Ulbricht were worth the hire

3. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Max needs to hit up Becton’s mom and put some weight on.

Rockinz likes this.
  4. Rockinz

This will definitely give us a good look at Zach. He doesn’t need to be Tom Brady but I need to see a giant step with all the support he’s been given.

Jojo and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. Rockinz

He needs to take up the diet from The tackle on the Browns from a few years ago Thomas. He had 2 glasses of whole milk with a box of Girl Scout cookies every night before bed to keep the weight up lol

6. KingRoach

Someone gave my mom like 20 bags of chocolate chips so I have also been on a steady diet of 2am cookies and milk. I can confirm it’s done a great job of helping me put on weight quickly.

jdub03 and Rockinz like this.
  7. KingRoach

Based on the rest of the O I think they just need him to not be careless with the ball and I think he proved he can do that the 2nd half the year.

8. NYJetsO12

I see Zach Wilsons floor as a QB to be somewhere between T Bridgewater and Mack Jones

9. NYJetsO12

His floor is Teddy Bridgewater

His ceiling is Joe Burrow (big wish lol)

I would be thrilled for Something in between >>>R Tannyhill or even Chad Pennington

Rockinz and KingRoach like this.
  10. Rockinz

I agree with that assessment. I think Wilson most resembles Jimmy G as his mid point with a floor of Teddy and a ceiling of Russel Wilson.

The potential and the support of the franchise is there unlike with Sam. JD has set this kid up to win. Now it is just up to him on if the game can slow down for him.

Noam, KingRoach and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Last season he proved he could protect the ball, but he wasn’t drafted to be a caretaker QB.

this season he has the tools to be what he can be, that is a playmaker with a haymaker. I am ok with some mistakes as long as there are a lot more big plays, and that is what I am projecting for him.

he just can’t have silly turnovers and he did eliminate those during his last fives games.

my only real issue remains the O line. Should be adequate to above with a healthy Benton, but wo him, probably below average to average.

westiedog1 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. KingRoach

Wants VS. Needs. We want him to be a rockstar bit with the offense we’ve put around him, we only need him not to lose.

Re the OLine, I’ve been high on the rajun Cajun for a while. He needs to put on a few lbs but for all accounts he has lateral quickness and excelled in zone blocking in college.

13. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Then we should have traded back last year and taken Jones.

Wilson was touted as having Mahomes-like ability. If he ends up being the next Alex Smith or Jimmy G, I'm going to be very disappointed. He was drafted to win a SB and not just be a game manager that gets us to the playoffs with an early exit.

b.reyes16 and Jeff M like this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

duplicate

#14 ColoradoContrails, May 3, 2022
    Last edited: May 3, 2022
  15. ColoradoContrails

Duplicate

#15 ColoradoContrails, May 3, 2022
  16. ColoradoContrails

If Mahomes had played with the "talent" that Zach had around him, he wouldn't have looked anything like the Mahomes we've seen the past couple of years. If Zach had played on KC, he would've looked much closer to Mahomes.

#16 ColoradoContrails, May 3, 2022
    Noam, LAJet, KingRoach and 1 other person like this.
  17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I agree. I was just saying I am not going to happy if Wilson ends up being a game manager. He has way more talent than that.

westiedog1 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. KingRoach

Lol. Why would we have traded back? We still want what we want and the team will be much better if we get what we want. JD has designed the team to be electric if Zach is who we want him to be.

I’m suggesting if Zach’s sophomore campaign is riddled with him playing safe football, the O would still be better than we’ve seen. Zach’s sophomore season won’t necessarily define the rest of his career. The early part of the year shows the QB can’t do all gas no break with the latter half he might have been driving like he was being followed by cops (to stick with the driving analogy).

#18 KingRoach, May 3, 2022
    Noam likes this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

I agree with you on this. It would a waste of his talent to just put him in a straightjacket, but I really don't think that's the plan. I think when we see the weapons that they've added around him they're going to employ a very varied and unpredictable offense that will employ all of his skills. It should be highly entertaining.

Jeff M, jcass10 and bicketybam like this.
  20. jdub03

jdub03 Active Member

The great thing about this situation for Zack is the defense can't key in and eliminate one threat. He should be able to exploit the mismatches and net a good amount of easy completions. I'm super excited to see how ML deploys all of these weapons.

Noam, Jeff M and ColoradoContrails like this.