The Dream Scenario

Discussion in 'Draft' started by TurkJetFan, Apr 22, 2019.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I'm going on record....

Jets acquire Frank Clark and give our 2020 1 and Darron Lee.

Separately...

The Jets trade back from 3, acquire more assets in the 2019 draft, and acquire a 2020 1.

Dee Ford fetched a 2020 2, so I really don't think the Seahawks get anything in the first in 2019 for Clark.

This is more than a pipe dream. It could happen in the next few days. At least one can hope.

Discuss.

P.S., can't wait for the angry lynch mob arriving within this thread to complain about the post, or detail why it's in the wrong forum or location, or general vicinity of the infrastructure of TGG.

Thank you.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

CBG here with pitchfork in one hand and torch in the other = where are the damn offensive linemen ??????????? Paging Mike Mac pick up the green phone Joe Fields is on line 1 with a collect call . Once again paging Mike Mac call on the white phone its Joe Fields calling collect !

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I can see this playing out. Maybe slightly different but I could see it. I think we trade back first and with the added picks we trade for Clark. Something tells me it might happen on draft night. People say it can't but Clark will have a deal in place with all teams to get it done. I can definitely see us trading back gaining a second and using that for him.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

For the next few days it should be OK to post some draft related stuff on the Jets main board as long as it isn't a mock draft or things like that. Eventually we will carry those to Draft forum. But to be safe let me ask my colleagues. :)

@Cman60 @WW85 @Royal Tee

You OK with my above statement? :)

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Pretty sure it's SOP to allow draft talk in the main forum during draft week.

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Jennifer Garner coming over my house to watch the draft with me, then right after the JETS make a stupid pick she gets naked and tells me where we can use her capital one sky miles..... JETS who....?

7. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Clark not worth a 1st round pick no thanks.

8. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Word out there is his haul is going to be more than a 1st round pick.

9. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

FWIW Connor Hughes:

#Jets are interested in Frank Clark, per sources. Just don’t have ammunition to get it done. Seahawks want No. 3 pick and #NYJ won’t give it up. Believe Chiefs most likely to iron something out.

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

C, we have to be practical here. Do you know of an o lineman of Clark’s caliber that is available?

CBG likes this.
  12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Urgh, after Affleck has been there.

The premise was good though :)

Pags2112 likes this.
  13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Was going to post something similar.

Maybe this works?

Jets get:
    Frank Clark
    Rd 1, 21st

Seahawks get:
    Rd 1, 3rd
    Darron Lee

Footballgod214 likes this.
  14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I wouldnt move back 18 spots to acquire clark. If we're going to trade out of 3, then we should be doing it for more draft assets and handle clark separately. JMO.

If the Seahawks want to send us Lockett and Clarke in that deal then sure. Which they won't do. But in that case sure move back 18 spots.

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

2020 1st. Sure.

Brook! likes this.
  16. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Sign me up.

Trade back and go online. Frank Clark provides pass rush.

If they trade with Redskins they could probably get a 2019 2nd and 2020 1st To go from 3 to 15. Then send the jets 2020 1st to Seahawks for Clark.

I'd double down on online with pick 15 and the 2nd rounder (get a C).

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay ,,,,,I get it---we still need a pass rusher as John Abraham has been gone for years now and is almost as old as me and you ! This said if MAC does not address the O line VERY SOON it won't matter that our potential franchise qb is throwing the ball or who he is throwing to or that Bell is now here to make his life easier. Would I like Clark or Ford or even Bosa ? Yes but if our clueless GM does not change his very bad O line philosophy and he does not trade for a lineman or draft one or two long before round 5 it will be more of the same old stuff. I hate Mac = go ahead MM prove me wrong you are on the clock in 72 hours

18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

If I were GM it will take every pick in this years draft to get Jets 3rd pick for Seattle’s 24th.

I understand Mac wanting to trade back but c’mon man, maybe early teens but 24th.

No thanks.

19. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

I say no if Shawks want our 1st rd pick.

I understand we are hungry, desperate for a pass rusher... BUT we would still need to pay this man top dollar, besides giving a top pick. Paying premium $ for Clark will handicap us for nxt yr.

With the 3rd pick you can get a pass rusher who will save you $$, or you can even trade down and gain multiple picks that will hopefully fill the holes in our roster. This year is the final year of the rebuild, meaning you try to win games, possibly fight for playoffs, and finally you identify the missing parts/link that will make you into a championship contender.

This year is crucial in developing Darnold, and finding our overall identity of the team. Next year we spend $$ to complete a championship team hopefully.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Mac already traded for an o lineman, a good one too. Should really help out this year. Now if he was to somehow end up around pick 7, jawaan Taylor would be a great pick.
    My dream scenario is to take 6 and 17 from the giants and take Taylor and Farrell the de out of Clemson.
    As it stands now though the reality is we are probably not looking at an ol pick till the 3rd.

CBG likes this.