The Disney Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by DeathByJets, May 3, 2010.

1. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I just got back from Walt Disney World and it reminded me of what a Disneyphile I am. I love the parks and love the movies (the Blu-rays are amazing). Hell....they even own LOST and ESPN. In any case, I figured I would drop a thread in here for discussion on all things Disney (even for the haters). Here are a few of my favorite pics from this recent trip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

I wanna go! Awesome pics. :)

3. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

I'm not going back to Disney til I have a family to go with me. Been a Floridian my whole life I've seen it enough times for a long time. I will be going to Universal though after the Harry Potter pandemonium calms down. Sometime next year probably. But anyways if your not Disney Spoiled like me then yeah Disney can be a blast. Hope you had fun. You should go during ESPN the Weekend that's the best ever.

4. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

My family always went down over Presidents Week. We have plenty of family down in Florida, and it was an annual thing. Good times.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

6. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Aint that the truth!

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is an old-fashioned dinner show that includes foot-stompin' music, nostalgic comedy and an all-you-care-to-eat dinner at Pioneer Hall in Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Get ready for good, ol' country fun!

wonder why its your favorite

8. 17a_tailgater

unlimited sangria and beer

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

now youre talkin homes

10. 17a_tailgater

kids love the show and unlimited fried chicken and mac n cheese
    parents love the show and alcohol.

its well worth it

11. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

I went to the original way back in 89 but as a young adult and part of my first trip to the USA . Did Space mountain and the adult rides etc.

Fast forward 20 years married and having a child . Been to the one in HK and Paris and truly appreciated what a great experience a young child gets from such a place.In Paris I stood for an hour in -6c cold with my daughter waiting for photos with Pooh, etc . In HK I elbowed my way thru Chinese crowds to get seats at the live shows.

Disneyland et al :up:

12. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Only been there once my senior class trip in HS went there. Was so cool they shut down the park for 2 days for only HS seniors from across the country. Was great longest I had to wait in line for anything was 30 mins. Prob will never go again unless I have kids.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The hoop de doo is great and those beers go down really smooth:up:

We were going verey year for a while but we didn't go last year and probably aren't going this year but maybe next year.

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I am going to have to remember this hoop de doo stuff when I take my kids down there years from now. Do you have to stay at this campground to attend? I have never been there so I don't know the setup.

15. 17a_tailgater

no you take the boat from the magic kingdom to the campgrounds and the restaurant is walking distance form the dock.you have to purchase the tickets 90 or 60 days in advance though.

if you go to disnety you should definitely book all your meals for the whole trip in advance. this way you dont get shut out of the popular places. cinderella's castle, 50' prime time,Chef mickey etc. you can always stray from your reservations but if the places are sold out its hard to get into them.

16. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

That Florida set up looks massive

17. nyjunc

No. You can stay anywhere but you do have to take a bus from the parking lot. If you have never done the Luau at the Polynesian that is fun as well(also unlimited drinks).

18. nyjunc

We have never taken the boat over, we have driven to the main lot and taken a bus to the hoop de doo.

The Castle is fun to be in but I didn't like the food, 50s prime time is alot of fun but again I didn't like the food, chef mickey is a great breakfast but my favorite breakfast was at the Floridian.

19. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

does Disney own espn?

20. 17a_tailgater

i stayed in the floridian last august. ate breakfast at the floridian twice chef mickey and as always the castle. i love the breakfast at the castle. my daughters do the Bibity Bobity Boutique and get makeup and princess outfits then we eat breakfast with the princess.