The China Problem

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Acad23, Apr 13, 2020.

?

Is the Rise of China Detrimental to the Rest of the World?

1. Yes

62.5%
  2. No

31.3%
  3. Undecided

6.3%
  1. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

How would you hold China accountable ?

Stephan Bannon has been ontop of China for years, its ashame the media labeled him a right wing xenophobic nazi, when he was warning people about China. He was one also warning about the WHO, warned about Chinese stocks being pulled from the NASDAQ, etc. He has more geopolitical knowledge than anyone out there I have seen.

Its not the Chinese people that are the problem, its the Communist Party running the government.

#162 SOXXX2, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I started this thread because the more I read about China...there more I was shocked at how they operate.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...ny-chip-to-infiltrate-america-s-top-companies

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/china/...-are-soft-target-china-s-spies-say-u-n1104291

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/politics/us-intelligence-chinese-student-espionage/index.html

It was a news item on my phone about Chinese spies in American research institutions and colleges.

It's not just about jobs and medicine...that just was US corporate greed.
    The censorship...the lame-ass media bleating out Chinese propaganda.

It's globalism at it's worst...we need to set boundaries and clamp down on this shit.

While everybody was screaming RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA....the real enemy was China.

It's a big probrem... :mad:

NYJetsO12 and typeOnegative13NY like this.
  3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

What is propaganda? Our President's chief spokesperson Kellyanne Conway: "alternative facts" as "additional facts and alternative information" There is no longer any such thing as propaganda. The real enemy is the denial of truth, facts and a free press. The real enemy is the growing love of authoritarians by the USA both at home and globally.

China is a boogeymen that is filling a vacuum left by America's retreat from the principles of truth, justice and the American way. Look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's an unmanned drone?

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

...and that drone is sending information to China.

You are correct. "The real enemy is the denial of truth, facts and a free press."
    And China is funding it and subverting it for their communist agenda.

I don't know what Kellyanne Conway has to do with it...or Trump.

Boogeyman....that's a laughable take on a real issue...of course you can tell us all the good stuff
    China has done. Feel free.

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/china-waging-silent-media-war-global-influence-81906

https://www.theguardian.com/news/20...-global-media-dominance-propaganda-xi-jinping

https://time.com/5557951/china-interference-global-media/

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/04/bloomberg-news-appease-china-mike-forsythe

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/14/8285...-fired-reporter-then-sought-to-silence-his-wi

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

What are you afraid of? We have the largest military in the world. We have more spies, more spy satellites, troops, carrier groups and we have capitalism. We have human capital, science and a free people. There is nothing to be afraid of.

Ralebird likes this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Thanks.

I feel better already... :confused:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

As far as the virus... how come China is getting all the blame? We had our top disease expert and high political people telling us that chance of spread here was low in Jan/feb. this fire was raging up to 2months before that and spreading to other places. How many cities in the world get the international travel of ny and other us cities? How could they not know this would happen? Didn’t gates have event 201 that simulated a coronavirus pandemic just back in oct 2019 with top health experts? And didn’t it show disastrous results? Not that it was gov sponsored , but if a fucking pandemic starts breaking out a month after you just gathered for a simulation event, if you’re not gonna send out warnings then what was the point of what you were doing? Here we sit with 1/3 if the global deaths.

#168 typeOnegative13NY, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

As if any of that absolves China from being the biggest human rights shredder on the planet. China is a bogeyman, OK. So was Hitler. Speaking of which, active genocide is being committed right next to cultural genocide. But, but, Native Americans. Oh, wait, you're gonna counter that Trump is Hitler. There, I've done it for you and saved you the time.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

This thread is not about the virus...but you bring up interesting questions.

Really interesting questions...

10. jetophile

They should get a good deal of it. Why or how the pandemic was mishandled in the early stages by the U.S. has somehow managed to completely dwarf China's accountability - meaning there isn't any - is beyond apologist. According to Nancy Pelosi, investigating China is a "diversion". I feel like I'm being fucking gaslighted.

China did the equivalent of dropping dirty bombs in human form to cripple the rest of the world when they realized what they were dealing with. If they were going to suffer financially, so was eveyone else to keep the playing field level. Well, it isn't level in the first place, and the U.S. invited that upon Herself in 2000.

I have a healthy distrust of my own government that borders on paranoia with good reason and I'm supposed to trust the CHINESE government?! What kind of lunacy is that? It's laughable.

Now Kamala Harris is trying to push through a resolution in the Senate that bans calling COVID-19 'The Wuhan Virus' or 'The Chinese Virus' because it's racially insensitive. Fuck outta here. More gaslighting.

Just wait until I tell My Trademark Story. It's a case that went all the way to the Supreme Court, a case that I followed very, very closely, because as an artist I have a vested interest in Copyright/Trademark Law. Simon Tam is my hero. For anyone familiar with the case, Simon Tam is Chinese-American and is the frontman for the band 'The Slants'. His application to Trademark both the name of the band and the concept was summarily denied under the Lanham Act by The United States Trademark Office for being racist and a slur against Asian Americans under The Disparagement Clause. Uh, he's Chinese-American, and everyone in his fucking band is of Asian descent.

He brought forth an absolutely brilliant case and won his artistic freedom under The First Amendment from the Highest Court in the land. So an Asian dude can't name his band 'The Slants' because it's a slur against Asians and he's not allowed to Trademark the name because people who aren't Asian are trampling on his rights and tellling him no. The Supreme Court thankfully agreed to grant the Trademark and voted unamimously in his favor.

There is far more to this case and why I love it and why it's beyond important and relevant, especially in light of COVID-19. Fuck you, Kamala Harris.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Originally tweeted back in January

12. jetophile

This is the kind of I know you are but what am I that makes me laugh. Everyone in the world was buying China's line of shit publicly until it became an inescapable reality that they lied about eveything they knew about it and how far back they knew it.

Nobody behind closed doors wanted to say out loud that China knowingly murdered people outside of their borders, and there's also such a thing as keeping your friends close but your enemies closer. Let's also not forget all of the doctors and those in the medical community China disappeared to shut down their warning bells and of course to shut them down permanently, you know, as in good old-fashioned murder. Now that it's unavoidable to say it out loud, it's "wrong". Haha, c'mon. Of course the kneejerk reaction from the far left to this is that we're culturally intolerant and hate people of Asian descent. We must be educated about this instead of blaming China because we don't even know that we're racist. China is committing genocide but we're a bunch of racists over here. Let me write that down.

Do you really think that our intelligence - such as it is - had no clue that even early on in the game - because that's what it was, a game - that at some point the Chinese government was rounding up citizens and dragging them out of their homes and imprisoning them for "effective quarantine"? The logical conclusion is they knew something the rest of us didn't. Any further coddling about China's abject irresponsibilty at best and their purposeful contamination outside their borders at worst is enabling their lies and indirectly deflecting blame from where it belongs: on China. Remember when President Obama used to call Radical Islamist terror attacks man-made disasters and not acts of terror? No? Well, I do.

He was so allergic to that word because it was more politic to shovel shit about the religion of peace and how intolerant we all are until he couldn't make it work anymore, even within himself. I'm sure that was a difficult pill for him to swallow that some people with murder on their minds are scumbags irrespective of who they bow down to. He came around because he had to, which doesn't mean I don't give him credit for it.

China doesn't even have skewed religion as an excuse. They have Chairman Mao's Little Red Book instead. Oh, no!I It's jeto McCarthy! Pre-emptive strike, don't anyone even attempt to insult my intelligence because you'll certainly insult your own.

[​IMG]

#173 jetophile, May 23, 2020
  13. typeOnegative13NY

I shoulda put this in the coronavirus thread. Not sure maybe mods can move it?

14. typeOnegative13NY

I would think he was being advised by health experts though?
    2015-Obama- there a real threat of a global pandemic that we need to be prepared for
    10/2019- gates foundation - holds event 201 with top health officials , the simulation shows that we are horribly unprepared
    10/19-reports of the highly contagious plague surface in China
    1/2020- it’s cool, China has it all under control
    2/2020-it’s cool, China,italy,south Korea etc have it all under control
    Early 3/2020-still under control
    Mid 3/2020-pants down

It’s also quite disturbing that China was abke to contain the Wuhan virus mostly to Wuhan. It did get out , but not like us where it went from Washington state to ny, Florida like a wildfire.

Left vs right really doesn’t matter to me. But I don’t know whether to acknowledge that I smell a rat here, or to be very disappointed that those in power are that inept.

#175 typeOnegative13NY, May 23, 2020
    jetophile and FJF like this.
  15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

FYI the only reason I feared the Soviet Union when I was in grade school was because of the dumbass nuclear war drills where we went into the gym and lined up against the one brick wall and had to face it. The other side of the gym was all glass. Once I got out of the 6th grade and no longer had to do those drills I never feared the Soviet Union or communism again.

Stop being a pus. The USA becoming a banana republic is way more dangerous than China for American citizens. Being afraid of China is like being afraid of your depressed neighbor who walks around town with an AK47 strapped on his back mumbling "you talkin to me."

We have Capitalism, Stars and Stripes, apple pie. They have a little red book and Szechuan Chicken. Capitalism and transparency wins all day long.

The USA wasted so much money and human capital in the fake cold war the idea that we're going to go the same route with China is insane.

#176 Biggs, May 23, 2020
  16. jetophile

You are right to smell a rat because there are several, and there will be more than enough disappointment to go around. And may I add that everbody sucks here; but the Chinese have the most blood on their hands. I am firmly standing by that assertion. Time will tell if the world will have enough collective balls to tell them to go fuck themselves, but if only it were that simple.

I think the main thing that people have a difficult time coming to terms with is money over people. That has been rule of man no matter what has represented monetary value past or present, whether it be wampum, livestock, land, gold, yen, natural resources, dowries, or sheckels. The other problem with that is that whenever you try to have a discussion like this we're always the most guilty party and everyone else is Mother Teresa. And Mother Teresa, by the way, was a horrible woman.

What I'm really trying to say here is that the United States did this, the United States did that, the United States exploited these people, the United States fucked over those people. Well, yeah, of course we did and we will continue to do so. The analagous point I'm trying to make is Mr. Inconvenient Truth himself, Al Gore.

Fckn guy carried on about carbon footprints and instead of driving a Fred Flintstone car, he opted to fly around in a private jet while lecturing the rest of us. Not only that, but to get to those lectures to lecture us. His personal carbon footprint doesn't matter but yours does, you see. And may I point out that the U.S. was made out to be the biggest offender, which is a convenient mistruth. Athletes couldn't even fucking breathe in Beijing for the Olympics and had to wear masks not to drop dead from pollution. China was a footnote in that film. LOL.

But, but, GE. But, but, the government lying about contaminated water. But, but, on the rare child cancer rates quadrupling from the Ford plant car paint dumping grounds. Of course. That doesn't make global warming fake or other countries innocent, but some of them are certainly more guilty. See how that works? That's not pointed at you, of course. It's very evident to me that you think for yourself.

China is very guilty on the COVID-19 pandemic, it just depends how guilty people are willing to acknowledge at the expense of their political leanings.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Hitler hated the commies. It was a shame we labeled him a right wing xenophobic nazi after we declared war only to become an ally of the Soviet Union under Stalin.

Right wing Nazi xenophobes always hating commies is a given.

18. typeOnegative13NY

I agree, but also... there happens to be a virology lab right in Wuhan , with some American and probably other elitist hands all over it. I know it’s a curtain most aren’t going to want to pull back. It’s always been my thinking that when it comes to things like that , it stretches beyond the concept of borders and nations. Probably falls more in line with families and bloodlines.

I also agree with the other... when it comes to those that direct us and influence us, it’s always do as I say , not as I do. One of the things that I couldn’t stand during this was Hollywood coming on tv telling people to stay home. Those idiots have no idea what it’s like to lose a small business , live check to check, live in a 800sq ft apartment .

We were never and are never in the “same boat”. We were in the same Storm. Different boats

FJF and jetophile like this.
  19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

On a per Capita basis China is well bellow the USA emissions of CO2. That's with the USA offshoring huge amounts of industrial pollution to China, Asia, Mexico and Canada during the Reagan, Clinton 16 year period when the USA offshored lots of manufacturing and maintained full employment with a large well paid service sector.

On a per capita basis the top 10 emitters are Saudi Arabia, Australia, Canada, USA, South Korea, Russia, Japan, Germany, Poland and South Africa. China ranks 12th.

In installed renewable electric production China ranks 1st in the world. On a per capita basis they are no where near Germany who leads the world in renewable electrical generation on a per capita basis.

Since Trump became President the USA has become the biggest producer of carbon based energy in the world. CAFE standards have been loosened, Air and water pollution standards lowered and previously protected federal lands have been opened up to mining coal and fracking.

China is the worlds largest producer and installer of solar panels, wind terminals, EV batteries and EV cars. Gore for all his personal hypocrisy, had he been elected the USA would be the world leader in green energy. Instead we have abdicated the business to China and the EU to become the worlds largest producer of oil and gas.

I suspect you actually are a US citizen, vote in the USA and pay taxes here. Yet you harp on looking to China, a failing authoritarian State, where you have zero influence and make excuses for the place you actual live where you have tons of influence and actual matter.

The USA killed 58,000 Americans in a fake war on Communism in my lifetime. Not to mention the 10's of thousand who had to be cared for coming home injured. We made a bogey man out of Iraq and killed thousands of Americans and brought back 10's of thousands with horrible injuries that will need critical care for the rest of their lives. Not to mention the 100's of thousands of Iraqis killed and the huge migration of war refugees.

China has a horribly repressive regime. The Chinese people are going to have to solve that for themselves. We have to solve our problems for ourselves and we both have to work together where we can. These deflections are nothing more than distractions for internal domestic US politics.

Policy matters one of the biggest mistakes I made was voting for Junior because Al Gore was a hypocritical, blow hard. Looking back I can say that was a huge mistake. Al Gore ran against Bush Jr. Bush Jr. by any measure is a decent guy but was a horrible President who brought this country to economic ruin and helped create ISIS out of a failed war that was unnecessary.

War mongering against China will not win the day. Having a highly educated, healthy productive USA will always win the day for Americans.

Acad23 and Dierking like this.