The China Problem

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Acad23, Apr 13, 2020.

?

Is the Rise of China Detrimental to the Rest of the World?

1. Yes

62.5%
  2. No

31.3%
  3. Undecided

6.3%
  1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Lol. I can appreciate that. Racists usually do well financially after all.

FJF and Biggs like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

So show me. I obviously haven't seen it. A couple examples of racism proves that there are shitty people in this world at all times. Let's not act like there's widespread racism towards Asian Americans. You can't always pander to the extremes.

There are also liberals that believe that all sex is rape against women, and white men need to express guilt for the skin color they were born. But you can't group everyone together because there are some scumbags in this world.

JetBlue and FJF like this.
  3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

There's only 3 Chinese restaurants in South Hampton. Bastards.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

I can't imagine there's a Mexican grill within a hundred miles.

5. Brook!

Brook! 2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I voted Undecided. My reasons.

- I want Chinese people as prosperous as any country. Having a good life isn't only for Americans or Europeans. Chinese people deserve every good thing about this world.

- I want Chinese regime to change though. That regime is an authoritarian regime who doesn't care about morals. Try to be a opposition in China. They will crush you. They control internet. They control media. They put the fear of God into their citizen's heart. I hate that regime.

HomeoftheJets and Ralebird like this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What the hell does this bizarre statement have anything to do with the subject here? Or are you just trying to find any excuse to get the word "liberals" into another of your stream of unconsciousness rants?

You "obviously haven't seen it?" How could you not? Where have you been? You won't find it on Breitbart; Rush and Hannity won't talk about it, but that doesn't mean it's not happening. Here's a whole Googleful to bring you up to date:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=jc...hUKEwjO0YmB3O_oAhXzhHIEHTDIBdYQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

7. Ralebird

Not bad for a small New Hampshire town, population 814.

8. Ralebird

Look it up yourself, I just showed you how to use Google.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

There's nothing a dope like you could possibly teach me. Don't flatter yourself like that.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Read the last sentence. It explains why I said that. Stop judging the masses by the small group of morons in the world.

I know you're not very good at reading though. And often derail the conversation into semantics.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Borg were a pseudo-species of cybernetic humanoids, or cyborgs, from the Delta Quadrant known as drones. No single individual truly existed within the Borg Collective (with the possible exception of the Borg Queen), as all Borg were linked into a hive mind which connected all of them and allowed information from every drone who had been brought into the collective to be shared. Their ultimate goal was the attainment of 'perfection' through the forcible assimilation of diverse sentient species, technologies, and knowledge which would be added and absorbed into the hive mind. As a result, the Borg were among the most powerful and feared entities in the galaxy, without really being a true species at all.

Sums up the China problem perfectly.

12. Ralebird

So, once again, when you get taken to school you resort to name calling. Bet you can't wait until school reopens and you can get back to your eighth grade pals.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

[​IMG]

14. Ralebird

You're the one whose reading comprehension struggles anywhere between "hot" and "cold." I never said that the masses or a majority of any group did or did not experience anything - that was a function of your inability to comprehend what you read. You then doubled down in your ignorance by claiming your two Asian buddies experienced none of that, as if their experience matters in the grand scheme of things. I gave you pages of links that support my contention that you are wrong.

Every single time you complain about "semantics" it is a matter of your inability to understand that which you read.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Not to mention those tasty fish rolls.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

You provided a link to some isolated cases. I provided you two isolated cases where they haven't experienced it.

You provided real good data and stories. Like this gem, where a guy got a dirty look in public when he started coughing and that's somehow extremely Xenophobic.

Newsflash: everyone is giving every type of person a dirty look when they cough in public.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2903745001

Oh and we're adding coughing as a form of a hate attack.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/490803-report-highlights-emerging-trends-of-asian-american?amp

It's happening in smaller quantities than these headlines make it out to be. It's disgusting, but it's not like the majority of the American public or conservative base are all in on Asian American hate-crimes.

17. Ralebird

Ten pages of links to stories with facts showing Asians are being attacked, boycotted and harassed and you select two excerpts not to deny that it's happening but to say it's minor?

How many times do I need to point out to you that I never indicated a "majority of the American public" was responsible for anything? That is simply a consequence of your poor reading comprehension skills. Who mentioned this "conservative base" of something you feel obliged to defend? That's a figment of your imagination.

Go argue with yourself.

I can't wait until you go back to school too

18. Jonathan_Vilma

I know, me too. Because if I'm going back to school, that means that bingo will be open on Saturday nights and maybe you'll be less grumpy then.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You bring up an interesting point.

I would say any nation with over 1 billion people people that need to be fed, clothed, housed and governed is wrought with issues. When the answers to those issues are detrimental to the rest of the world it becomes problematic.

20. Ralebird

Bingo? WTF are you talking about?