The Case For Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by TTTTebowAndTheJets, Dec 5, 2012.

1. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Found this article... this is 100% how I feel!

http://youhavenogame.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/the-case-for-tim-tebow/

2. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Rest of the Article:

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

At this point, I don't even really care. I just think since Sanchez is owed money, and he's still fairly young, he's the least bad of the options. But if they decided to start Tebow at this point, I don't even care.

The issue with Tebow is it's hard to see him becoming a better than average passer and the long-term answer. And it's easier to see his salary taken off the cap for help elsewhere.

4. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Don't even bother to post such a long piece. They won't read it. :( Most internet NFL gurus like many on this forum don't understand the power of spread option offense. And they don't want to know. Nobody wants to get out of their comfort zone. It will take a while for them to catch up.
    Thanks to RG3 and Mike Shanahan, their success with spread option will help a lot. It will only need one coach to take the leap of faith for Tebow, no matter how many billions naysayers.

#4 _Jet_, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  5. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Why is it hard to see him becoming a better passer ? His problems are due to mechanics and that's something that can be fixed.

6. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Great article TTT.

7. BroncosFan1345

BroncosFan1345 New Member

TLDR.

Jets have a lot of problems, QB is one, Tebow wouldn't solve them. They don't have many playmakers, so i don't see how he would solve them.

But if they wanna throw him in there, go for it. Don't wish him to fail but i don't see how he will change that much if anything at all.

8. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I kind of agree with this.

9. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

IMHO Jets have enough talent to make the playoffs. The problem is the coaching staff is not wise enough to use talent correctly.

10. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

All u Tebow fans keep saying that but this is his 3rd year in the NFL and they haven't gotten better. Maybe that a sign they wont?

11. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Don't worry. If he gets a chance to play QB somewhere else next season, we will see his progress. Just don't don't jump to the conclusion too fast, my friend.
    Cheers~ :beer:

12. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You obviously didn't read the full article.

13. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

Woah what? Jets do NOT have enough talent to make the playoffs. At least not on offense. It's not like Tebow could bring Demariyus Thomas, Eric Decker and Willis McGahee everywhere he goes.

14. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Good article. Makes some of the same points Tebow supporters have been making since he first stepped on the field in Denver. When the Broncos had to pass because they were behind and Tebow could get in a passing rhythm, he was darn good, got way more accurate, moved the chains and scored points quickly.

15. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

The beauty of spread option offense is you don't need better talent all across the board to beat the defense, especially with Tebow. When playing Tebow card correctly, it's almost like cheat in a video game: you have one more player on the field. He will make RB/WR/Joker all look better. They will show a totally different talent level when Tebow is in rhythm. It's like Broncos w/ Orton vs Broncos w/ Tebow.
    Well, to many it sounds like sleep-talking by a T-bone lunatic. We may or may not see how a Tebow powered spread option system works when he is traded to another team next season. He is still young and hasn't given up yet. So the jury is still out there. Hate or love, at least he is not boring. We will see. Cheers~ :beer:

#15 _Jet_, Dec 6, 2012
  16. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

They have enough talent.

BTW, Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker were nobodies when Tebow was playing with them. They came into the spotlight with Tebow as the QB. With Peyton Manning and another year of experience, they have continued to improve. It's not like Tebow was handed the best receiving corps last year and they carried him.

#16 Backup QB, Dec 6, 2012
  17. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

It's basically a which came first, the chicken or egg argument. IS Tebow sucking because he's being limited, or is he being limited because he sucks.

In order to be "unleashed" out there to do his magic and win games by flying by the seat of his pants, he needs to give the coaches who have seen him in practice for the last 6 months a reason to have faith in him. It works that way for everyone else too, but in the case of Tebow, you almost have to just start him and work backwards to justify it. Most other QBs first have to impress the coaches to get the start.

But you kinda have to be a believer in Tebow before that will happen. He's not going to be a guy that will convince you the normal way... an that is the real problem. Cuz a separate set of rules need to be in place for the one oddball.

...and good luck finding a coach that will take him on blind faith that he will succeed despite what they see him do out there. It's that first 55 minute Tebow that has just about every coach who's reputations are on the line scared shitless. Even if someone takes a chance on all this, there's still the possibility he's more like the first Tebow and not the second, and THAT is what people are afraid of. I tend to think he's more like the first one, and gets lucky at the end due to teams changing up what worked all day at the end. FATAL MISTAKE and only one team figured that out last year, and that team beat the Broncos 7 to 3.

#17 Concerned_Citizen, Dec 6, 2012
  18. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

Sure you can say "lets bring in a spread offense!" But then you have that issue of which coach is willing to change their entire offense to be a spread. Then you have the issue of which players are willing to take part in a spread offense too. Different coaches have their own philosphy and their own way of running things (offense and defense) and right now there are no NFL coaches that would be willing to make that change.

No, when Jeremy Kerley is your best receiver and you have a pourous offensive line and a horrible rushing attack then no there is not enough talent. Is there enough talent to squeak into the playoffs? Sure, but its not enough to get them very far against the better teams in the NFL.

And the fact that you mention Demariyus Thomas as a nobody is just outrageous considering the guy is being hailed as a Calvin Johnson prototype. And I believe he was one of the players that complained about Tim Tebow's prescence on the team last year and how he held the team back. To be honest, I would credit Thomas more than I do Tebow on the game winning drive against Pittsburgh. Yeah Tebow delivered a 15 yard pass but had Thomas not ran 65 yards and potentially broken two tackles, the game migth have went Pittsburgh's way.

19. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Read what I wrote before you start making stuff up and reversing the context.

I said he *was* a nobody last year before he and Tebow started connecting. I didn't say he wasn't talented, I didn't say he is still a nobody, I said he *was*. He was injured his first season and came back last year needing to get in NFL shape. He did well, and I think he's going to be very good in the NFL. In fact, I have him on my fantasy football team and start him every week no matter what the matchup is. Many people thought he was a bust up until his emergence last year. I was not one of those people. I like the kid.

20. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Of course you think that. If, could, would, should... then the Steeler's would have won, and it would have been Tebow's fault.

No other QB has his touchdowns more scrutinized than Tim Tebow. Yards after catch is something that ALL QBs benefit from. We only discuss it when we are talking about giving Tebow credit.

So, let me ask you... if Demaryius Thomas had run past his defender due to his sheer speed and ability, and then Tebow dropped it in his hands 50 yards downfield, is it Tebow's credit that he made the pass, or DT's credit because he beat the receiver?

I'd agree with you if you just said that the degree of difficulty of the pass was not that high. It wasn't an extremely difficult pass to make. But Tebow read the coverage, made a good pass, and DT had excellent YAC. That's something that happens all the time and nobody discredits the QB unless it's Tebow.