The Cardinals Dilemna

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Apr 23, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

not really sure i get this. The cards are being dumb right now. There is 0 reaosn to take murray. they just used the 10th overall pick on rosen and have holes everywhere. Unless it's all a game to get the raiders to rade up to 1 for murray, it doesn't make any sense. Not to mention they are similar prospects, this is just a weak QB class.

Now if they can offload rosen for a 1st rounder, it makes a little more sense, bu the problem is as soon as they take murray, then rosen's value goes down as teams know he has little value to the cards. Taking a QB top 10 then trading him for less then a 1st rounder the next season is beyond dumb. That means the only way they get value back is by starting rosen in 2019 and hoping hs value sky rockets by great play but in that case, why get rid of him? then you are stuck trading murray

It makes a lot more sense to grab a big time prospect like bosa or williams and keep rosen or trade down for a team that wants murray and get more picks. the issue with them is trading down will be tough, it's a lot to give up to move to 1st overall and plus picks 2 and 3 aren't taking a QB either

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's what happens when the GM and HC aren't on the same page.

3. GasedAndConfused

head coaches picking their players or serving as a GM as well as a HC has historically worked out very poorly in the NFL. Same goes for owners picking players. Let the GM do his job

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Cant be.At least not regarding the QB. Cards knew they had first pick when they interviewed kingsbury...that had to have been a major talking point & if they disagreed on which direction to go why hire him?

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good question. One would think that the GM and Kingsbury would have discussed that at length, but maybe Kingsbury changed his mind when he met Rosen and/or saw game film on him.

Why hire Kingsbury at all? I don't think he has the experience yet to be a HC in the NFL. If he wasn't happy with Rosen, why take the job? If their GM was happy with Rosen, why hire Kingsbury if Kingsbury didn't like Rosen? Now, all the Kyler Murray talk could be a smokescreen trying to induce other teams to trade up, but I'm not sure where the talk came from.

If Kingsbury and the Cards' GM are in agreement on the QB, regardless if whether it's Rosen or Murray, I don't understand what their confusion is. Maybe some team blew them away with an unexpected offer late, and that's caused the confusion.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  6. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I was waffling on the whole "Cards are definitely taking Murray" reporting for a while.

Then came this article yesterday, and after reading it I'm firmly on the "I'll only believe they'll pass on him when it when it actually happens" bandwagon. There is almost a decade of a friend/mentor relationship between Murray and Kingsbury that runs pretty deep. Kingsbury has always wanted him, and he somehow now has a second chance at it.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/s...y-seven-year-recruitment-kyler-murray-pay-off

themorey likes this.
  7. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Rumors, smoke screens, more rumors. Yay.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yea, Idk if they are taking Murray or not. But Kingsbury's comments yesterday are complete fugazi. They definitely know what they are doing with that pick

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

There's a huge reason to take Murray. They hired a head coach who loves him. I'm also not convinced teams are willing to trade the farm for either Murray or Rosen. I think at the end of the day they are weighing what they can get for Rosen against what they can get for the first pick. The Cardinals aren't desperate for an edge rusher their highest paid player is one of the best edge rushers in the league. There are rumors that Patrick Peterson may be on the block as well.

It wouldn't shock me if they take Murray, Q or Bosa or trade out. It wouldn't shock me if the first 3 picks are traded out. I also wouldn't be shocked if there is a massive trade that includes the first pick and PP for picks and players. It could be wild.

One thing for sure in AZ. Rosen is at the workouts and Kingsbury seems to like him a lot. Rosen isn't happy with the talk of Murray, PP isn't at the workouts and had a twitter fit, Kingsbury absolutely loves Kyle Murray. Steve Keim the GM is saying nothing.

The best move for the Cardinals is to move down and grab OL and one of the top TE and grab a WR in the 2nd. Whatever they do will be wrong.

One other thing to consider. Kingsbury was hired before Murray announced for the draft. One of the reasons KK got the job is he came into the interview with an analysis of Rosen that was very positive going forward.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I can't wait until they use the entire 10 minutes they are allotted and the TV station takes another 7 minutes to announce a pick we have known since mid February.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

this is for sure one of the least predictable and craziest drafts i've seen