The Baltimore and Buffalo game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JUNJOBX2199, Oct 1, 2007.

1. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I don?t think I will be the only one to notice the similarities between the two games. Our offense could not move the ball in both games during the first half (With Clemens & Chad) and in the second when we needed scores we were able to manufacture drives that put points on the board. I don?t look at it as Nugent missed the field goal we should have been driving for the win or Chad needs to be benched because he floats the ball right into the hands twice during the final quarter. Both of these games seemed scripted from one another no offense but a dire need to score puts points up and it came down to the final drive to determine the out come which in both cases was a loss! These struggles stem from Brian Shottenhiemer and him alone. The play calling is atrocious and very telegraphed. Chad made a bad decision throwing into a crowd but all the routes on the final drive were short routes that all the Bills had to do was crowed the 5- to 10 yard range and they were bound to get a tip or a pick. We have no vertical game what so ever unless we really need the points! I have said many times before dink and dunk does not work unless you have a lead and you?re looking for the short methodical marches to consume time. I?m flying to New York this week to watch my boy's take on the Giants and I hope I don?t see the dink and dunk who cares if we drive & score next week. (Also why didn?t they Challenge the spot of the ball on Brad smiths dive which was a first down!!!!!):mad:

2. ........

........ Trolls

A couple of differences:

We weren't playing Baltimore yesterday, and therefore weren't playing Baltimore's defense.

We should have won the Baltimore game when Kellen was running the 2 minute offense.

The interception that ended our shot against Baltimore wasn't Kellen's fault. He put the ball in a perfect position, above the defender, within reach of McCareins.

3. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

The vanilla play calling put us in both of those situations period, that’s my point. No offense generated in the first half and then a desperate scramble to put points up that could have been accomplished way before it was necessary to let it all hang out and try to win it or catch up!

4. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

In my opinion, the biggest simliarities in the two games is that our coaching staff cost us both games, with poor game-planning and bad decisions.

5. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

Baltimore's defense is as vaporous as the smoke and dancing they use to introduce the team.

There not the 2000 Ravens, and with the loss of Adalius Thomas, they're not as good as the 2006 Ravens.

The Ravens defense is Ed Reed and a lot of hype and intimidation from an effective but aging Ray Lewis.

The point is, Baltimore is not very good, and we're even worse.

6. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

The final pick was the same kind of route Greer jumped on or in front of very predicatable . Did anyone watching think we would take a shot down the field ...No and neither did the Bills

7. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

I was screaming for an out and up call. They've been jumping that pattern all afternoon and we're ripe for the picking.

You've got to think the way the defense is thinking. In that situation, Buffalo is worried about covering the outs and keeping us from getting out of bounds. We hadn't tried a deep shot all day.

8. ........

........ Trolls

I agree. That's because the gameplan has been developed with Chad in mind. I started another thread saying that I hoped the coaching staff had been developing a separate gameplan for Kellen now that it looks like he may come in to start full time. They have to give him a better chance for success next time.

As far as the Ravens' defense goes, they've had terrible playcalling late in games. They're one of the top teams against the run this season, and most of the passing yards they've allowed have come late in games in which they had a lead. They've let teams get back in games by playing prevent for the entire 2nd half. That's a mistake. They're not the 2000 Ravens. Who the hell could be? My point was simply that they are a lot better than the Bills.

9. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Thats where I draw my similarities between the two games nothing going on in the first half kind of ho-hum "we'll get there sooner or later " Then a barrage of passes and some mixes of play calling that generated points. But too little too late. I fly out on Friday hope I can see a win next week I hate loosing to the Giants more then the Dolphins!

10. letsgochad

letsgochad New Member

playcalling

we have alot of talent on this team, i thought we would be better than last year with the offseason moves we made, i think the playcalling is drastically different than it was last year