The All-Bad Contracts Team

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BeastBeach, Jul 30, 2013.

1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'm shocked that Sanchez or Holmes wasn't on the list. Instead they put Harris. I see that he's over paid, but one of the worst contracts? I don't think so. Harris is a solid player and is our defensive signal caller. He doesn't get enough credit, he only gets criticized because he's not all that great in coverage.

3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Harris, is really good veteran leader. If we had Captains back, I think, he is the leader of our defense. We need his leadership on the field and as a mentor to younger players. Players that earn big money through their work ethic and commitment deserve the money.

Of course, now I'm going to defend Greene. Greene is a solid running back. Actually, he is a darn great NFL caliber running back. Feature back, no, probably not; but for an offense that plans to be 'Ground n' Pound' he is your prototypical #2. He will thrive in Tenn behind CJ. The guy is a great late season and post season addition to your running game. When we mixed him in with TJ and LT the guy was a hammer that defenses feared. It's like, oh shit, here comes #23 fresh and ready to murder anyone standing in the second level. The guy is all production feed him the rock and he is going to protect the football, and hurt defenses.

If you can afford to carry a feature back and Greene, run a power offense, than #23 is going to make you a contender. I think Greene proves a lot of people wrong this season.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Harris is an average LB. The analysis on him by Barnwell is fairly spot on. The fact that he's costing this team 13 Mill against the cap this year makes me want to break something.

5. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

That was a great article - loads of research, plenty of talking points. Thanks for posting BeastBeach.

6. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Harris is solid, but he's also the highest paid ILB in the history of the league.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Both Sanchez and Holmes could be put on that list, but Harris is the Jet that belongs. A 13 Mill cap hit and nearly fully guaranteed contract make it a no brainier. He is far too expensive for an ILB and there is nothing we can do to change it.