TGG Members: Promote Your Business Here

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Waterboy, Feb 21, 2024.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Was just thinking I've always been terrible about promoting whatever I was doing at the time, from wholesale sales of "As Seen On TV" products to currently selling real estate.

Figured a thread where all the contractors, entrepreneurs, etc. could put a little about what they do in this thread. If any other TGG members needed some work done they could look through here and see if they can find someone.

Of course if you've been a dumbass on here you likely aren't going to find anyone here hiring you. Fortunately for me I've always the height of decorum rounds these parts so if any of you fuckers are looking for some real estate in Manatee County Florida area let me know. Coastal living but also referred to as Bradentucky.

Post your type of business here but I would suggest exchanging addresses and phone numbers in DMs.

@Brook! @Cman68 could we pin this and if it gets much action

#1 The Waterboy, Feb 21, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

No issue making it sticky but the thread title can be a little more welcoming. What do you say my friend? :)

3. The Waterboy

Sounds good, if you have any ideas for the title, go for it. If I get a minute to come up with something I'll let you know.

4. Brook!

Sounds like a deal. Will sticky this thread while you and I think of a better title.

That said, my contribution to this thread will be minimal as I am a paycheck guy. Work in corporate world as a modern slave and don’t own my business. :)

5. The Waterboy

So would something like a simple title "Promote Your Business Here" be good? Not very catchy but gets the point across

Brook! likes this.
  6. Brook!

I was thinking something similar. @Cman68 - Shall we move this thread to main Jets forum to help out posters with businesses?

The Waterboy likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I like the idea. For example, I have a feeling there are some TGGers that own restaurants and I would definitely check out their places if I knew it was owned by a TGGer

NY Jets68, The Waterboy and Brook! like this.
  8. Brook!

Folks. I moved this thread to Main Jets forum for better visibility. After a week, I will move it back to BS Forum.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good idea if it doesn't get out of hand with new guys showing up just to shill, especially with the recent advent of the "Spammers" warning thread.

10. The Waterboy

I think most here will just look at the date joined and number of posts to determine if they should give a poster their business. Of course you will probably get some scammers here and there, and others just trying to get business even though they have not posted here before, but that is just the nature of the internet.

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I own and operate an Income Tax Prep business, Pickle Hill Tax Service. DM me your W2s....LET'S GO!

Brook! likes this.
  13. Jesus

Jesus Active Member

Thank you for allowing our propaganda to be posted.

Our marketing team almost had enough money to air my commercial during the Super Bowl:

Blessings,
    J

KY Jets Fan and Brook! like this.
  14. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I secure working capital, term loans and lines of credit for businesses.

Brook! likes this.
  15. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I work in audio visual production. We specialize in non-for-profit events, fundraisers, etc as well as corporate. We do everything from LED video wall to sound systems, moving heads and lighting fixtures. projectors tvs. live mixing etc.

Jonathan_Vilma, Acad23 and Brook! like this.
  16. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's cool... I've got some experience in that area.
    Here's the last project I worked on before semi-retiring.

Jetsfansince95 likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I also work in pro AV but moreso on the video conferencing/conference room side. We do LED walls and stuff like that too. Would like to do more on that side to be honest.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah... nowadays I usually run the robotic stage cameras so I'm not that involved in the LED walls anymore... other than color correction during shows.

The display tech has advanced so much in the last few years... high resolution broadcast delivery has made everyone step up their game.

Right now they're upgrading our other stage's cameras and control rooms... and I'm very happy not to be involved in that.

20. The Waterboy

Just wanted to put this out there for anyone, anywhere in the U.S. looking to sell their home soon, you should see a significant savings. Just cutting and pasting the next paragraph from a post I put up in my local area forum.

"Traditionally, when selling your home, you've likely encountered the requirement to sign a listing agreement obliging you to pay commissions for both your listing agent and the buyer's agent upon the sale. However, a positive shift is on the horizon. In the near future, sellers can anticipate a reduction in commissions, as they will only be responsible for compensating their listing agent, rather than both agents involved. This means a potential decrease of 2-3% from the typical 5-6% commission. While it may take some time for these changes to ripple through the market, rest assured, change is imminent.

I want to emphasize that I have always prioritized provisions in my listing agreements to ensure significant savings for sellers, especially when I am the sole agent involved in the transaction. I firmly believe it's unfair for sellers to bear the burden of compensating the buyer's agent as well. This approach has been my practice for years, and now, everyone stands to benefit from these savings
    ."

I also know agents in many major markets throughout the U.S. so if you don't know who to call let me know and I may be able to help you find someone.

stinkyB and Brook! like this.